My little Hempys' are all showing varying signs of stress, lol

• Thread starter McGribble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McGribble

I am thinking I see some possible heat stress and overwatering but I find it strange that they're all being handled exactly the same and some are showing signs, others not so much and a few are looking completely different than the others. They were seeds started in cubes, just recently transferred to these containers (were in DIY ones) but I am sure it will be a bit before the roots hit the res... any ideas? two of them look exceptionally rough, the one with the black discolored leaves and the yellowing one.

They are under a 600W Metal Halide set to 50% at the moment and it's about 20 inches above them, feels quite comfortable to me temperature wise and according to my (I do not trust) brand new acurite temp/humidity monitor we're looking at around 72f give or take and low 60's in humidity but that fluctuates into the 50's sometimes as well.

Thoughts? I am thinking once they hit res they're going to get better, I just found out my water was in the 7 range PH wise as I just got a control kit, now it's in the high 5 to low 6 range on today's watering.

My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 2
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 3
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 4
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 5
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 6
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 7
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 8
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 9
My little hempys are all showing varying signs of stress lol 10
Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

You can drop the ph down a tad lower than normal shoot for the mid 5's. Just give it time keep your ppms lower and dont try to over compensate by adding stuff or spraying them with anything. They will eventually grow out of it. But now that there stunted your going to have to give them time to catch up.

M

McGribble

You can drop the ph down a tad lower than normal shoot for the mid 5's. Just give it time keep your ppms lower and dont try to over compensate by adding stuff or spraying them with anything. They will eventually grow out of it. But now that there stunted your going to have to give them time to catch up.

Thanks, that's what I am hoping... I think I am going to invest in a better temp/humidity meter as well, this thing seems very sketchy to me so I am not even sure how my temps and humidity really are. I am glad my PH control kit finally arrived though so that should help out a lot in coming days hopefully. I'll be getting digital testing equipment soon but stuck with the Gen Hydro kit for now.

M

McGribble

I am guessing the 1 with the 'black areas' on the leaves is a Phosphorus deficiency as well... I am hoping the underlying cause for all of them was the PH, I tipped & drained them so I am going to re-water with some mid-high 5 PH as you mentioned above. I am inconveniently located to where I have to fill up a milk jug at a time and adjust ph, add nutes, etc. So this is annoying, I need to look into getting a barrel and get a spigot splitter for the washer hookup downstairs then I can run a hose right to my area for simplified watering, fill up 30 gallons or so and it can sit out and I can mix nutes and adjust ph in there... would be so much nicer!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I used gallon jugs for years, me and my exwife use too have like a dozen of them we'd switch up transferring plants from the box the tub to water and mixing up the gallon jugs. Gotta do what ya gotta do. Just keep things steady. Good luck maing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom