my mission to kill mites

• Thread starter jdubz206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sedate

sedate

saltr said:
After perpetual battle with the evil two-spotted spider mite, i've managed to control the borg with CO2. I turn-off the lights, open the canister a bit, seal my tent, turn-off ventilation and return in fifteen minutes to dead mites. So far, i've been running the CO2 once a day, every three days, with remarkable success.

I've read several studies that support this technique - from what I can gather this is among the most effective methods of mite control.

X

Xare

I had some mites once and I killed them with a homemade spray of dishsoap.

But this spray will not kill the eggs, and you have to reapply it to the underside of every leaf every day for about a week.

During this time some eggs hatch and you kill the living mites with more spray breaking their life cycle.

After a month of having no mite issues they came back... So I got a Hot Shot no pest strip and they worked great with no spraying. These things kill any mites as soon as they come out of the eggs.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Neem wont git rid of spidermites. Will knock there numbers down but wont outright get rid of them.

derwench

derwench

I would fog the room with a Pyrethrum TR Fogger... then bomb the room again in a few days, if there are no plants in the room. If you have plants in the room ive been told Dr.Doom is mild enough for the plants.

I

InvisibleM

thanks everyone for the info. no plants in the room, i just wanted to make sure that the eggs weren't sticking around dormant anywhere.

Twospotted Spider Mite Life Cycle
Eggs hatch in 4 to 5 days and the entire life cycle from egg to adult may require 1 to 3 weeks, depending on the temperature. Infestations of mites may ...

I wouldn't use any poisions unless I had to, but I sure wouldn't want them to come back.

Maybe boiling water on the floor also. I wonder if they can crawl through vaseline? Maybe some around each pot close to the top.

mole

M

matkins1234

I've used a lot of stuff trying to control spidermites, but what I've been using lately seems to be the best, it's a combo of Insecticidal Soap, Pyrethum, and Sulfur. To achieve this combo I use two producs from Ortho- Insecticidal Soap, and 3 in 1 pest and disease control, 1 part each, these are both good sprays for people trying to avoid the hyperchemicals.

However, this is just the base of my spray. I also add a couple of drops of front line for long lasting control, and floramite cuz it's the shit.

Make sure that you throughly get the entire surface of the plant, top and bottom of the leaves (will be easy to tell as the 3 in 1 and the Insectical soap both leave a nice shiny layer).

After you've sprayed, give your entire room two or three more applications on three day intervals. After that you should be clear, however if you're not, don't be alarmed, just be vigilant with the spray whenever you see them, and stop spraying 2-3 weeks before harvest and you shouldn't have any nasty residue.

Now, as far as your question is concerned. I would get the baddest bug bomb you could buy to start off with, not the little five dollar raid bomb, more like the 30 dollar nuclear holacaust bug bomb.

Let it sit for 24 hours, the fogger will probably say less, but you want these bastards to suffer.

After that, go ever every square inch of the interior of your room, and exterior if it's a box/tent with bleach. Bleach has been proven to kill cancer cells and HIV cells.

If you have any mites in the box after that, then good luck cuz those things are like rambo.

B

billybadazz

I dip my clones in floramite, spray them once in veg. twice in flowering the first two weeks with azamax I suggest "suiting and booting" even though it is omri listed. ANYWAYS after rhe great mite battle of '09 I am mite free for 6 months hope this helps. If that don't work drop $350 on a bottle of forbid and that is like a nuke to em'!!

SupraSPL

SupraSPL

+1 for 100% Neem oil. It really puts a hurting on adults and nymphs but also on your leaves so don't apply in the light. I've even got to the point where I will spray full strength at lights out then come back awhile later and foliar spray with water to dilute it down a bit, It really likes to kill fan leaves.

Pregnant females will crawl off and hide in lil nooks and crannies so spray all over the place and try to make contact with them. Also vaseline at the stem base will reduce their ability to emigrate (you will see hundreds trapped)

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Keep your CO2 high. Gas the fuckers. Dump a whole tank of CO2 in your room and grab any animal that breathes air and leave the house for a few hours so it won't kill you too. you've gotta keep your room super clean and the house around it. They typically live somewhere else in your house and then come back, even if you've cleaned the living crap out of your grow. The gas works.

The hot shot no pest strips work well, but dichlorvos is some really nasty stuff (look it up).

these are the best things I have found to do when you're late in flower and sprays are out of the question.

Top Bottom