My New 2k 4x8 Tent Grow...sorta Wingin It

• Thread starter WyattHerbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WyattHerbz

Hey peeps, new to this forum, hit the introduce yourself area and figured may as well document my first grow in about a decade. Bear with me if i funk up posting pics, ill learn. This SSH has me wired after a wake n bake so here we go.

Hit good ol CL for grow equipment and came across nearly a whole setup for a helluva deal and jumped on it. Low balled abit but it worked out. Got 14 blue dream clones tossed in for basically free. Wasnt prepared for clones so kinda had to wing things a bit. Heres a run down of what i Got going now.

4x8 grow tent
(2) 1k ballasts, 1 dimmable/1 magnetic
(2) hydrofarm yield 2 hoods
8" carbon filter
6" carbon filter
6" 4xx cfm inline fan
Inline fan controller
Light rail (not in use, trying to trade it for a 8 bulb t5)
70/30 coco perlite in grow bags

Pics are the clones i acquired as well as the tent when tore it down to purchase.

My new 2k 4x8 tent growsorta wingin it
My new 2k 4x8 tent growsorta wingin it 2
W

WyattHerbz

Luckily my buddy let me tossed the babies under his t5 for a few days as i wasnt ready for clones. Transplanted into 1 gallon bags with happy frog i had laying around. Started off with AN sensi ph perfect a and b, orca, diamond nectar and few other things.

Heres pics of first transplant into 1 gallon and into the tent, also end of week 1 veg. Had my ballast dimmed down to 400 for all of veg.

20161026 103946
20161026 104137
20161101 181235
20161101 220623
W

WyattHerbz

Oh yeah right at the end of week 1 veg, was gifted some clones from my friend. Some masterxbubba, king louis 13, and some unknown og strain. Idea was to get those caught up and have the tent full for first run. Intended on running 18 plants, 9 per light.

Welp, space cadet me effed that up and somehow forgot to take the wrapper off the rockwools when i transplanted clones. Didnt realize it for about 2 weeeks lol so needless to say, they didnt catch up.

20161101 220627
W

WyattHerbz

At about week 2ish, transplanted the blue dreams to 3 gallon grow bags. Had a few bags of nutrifield 70/30 coco coir on hand so decided to run coco. Was loving the results my boy was getting, and went that route.

Heres end of week 2 veg, was finishing off the AN sensi a/b still had. Diamond nectar, cal mag (using ro water), protekt silica, orca, liquid karma and AN b52 were in use.

20161107 090544
20161107 090528
W

WyattHerbz

Became uber busy, helping my buddy with his 12k grow, making bho and a hell on wheels toddler. Also stressin over my flakey electrician. Neglected to top the ladies, and damn did they stretch after last posts pics. Pinched the tops off finally last week, about week 3..or a week ago. Better late than never but intended on topping and training the hell outta em, oh well next time.

Finally got a new sub panel in last monday, added a few circuits as well as a 240v breaker. My 1 light was basically taking everything available in garage and was waiting to flip to 12/12 until could run both lights. Hard wired a 4k titan helios light controller in, plan to expand after this run.

Have a mini split but think its too much for a small tent, with weather now not having heat issues as running lights 6pm to 6am. Canopy stays at 75-80, lights are bare bulb in hood, not air cooling em.

Real temp issues im seeing is the cold. Its been gettin chilly so once lights turn off the tent gets down to 60 pulling in cold garage air. Trying to figure that out. I run inline about half power lights on, maybe if I put it on a timer to turn off when lights do, thatll help keep it warmer? But not sure how bad itd be to not be pulling fresh air in for 2 or 3 hours til temps go up outside. Or the oil filled heaters are a safe item for inside a tent?

W

WyattHerbz

And heres last night, day 3 of 12/12. Plan on throwin a trellis in there to attempt to stop em from outgrowin the tent and height restrictions as well as trying to even the canopy.

Running 9 under 1 light, and 5 under the other. We shall see what i can do to help these ladies out. Other details on current situation.

Hand watering daily now in the 3 gallon bags.
Switched to h&g coco a/b.
Cal mag, voodoo juice, liquid karma, drip clean, diamond nectar, protekt silica and snow storm ulyra being used in feedings.
Ph 5.8
Ppm of last feed was 800/1.6 ec.
Kinda heavy but been throwing 700-800 at em last few week and they took it like a champ. Was working with 5 gallon buckets for a rez so was a nightmare. Upgraded to a larger one so much easier to dillute when needed.
Have AN b52, big bud and overdrive for later

20161117 185832
20161118 214900
20161118 214927
W

WyattHerbz

Next, either rigging up a diy poly/pvc tent or grabbin 1 off cl. Need an enclosure for the other clones not flowering. Also going to take clones off the blue dreams i flipped so figure a lil setup woth t5s for clones/mothers.

Gonna really study the nutrients and get a better understanding of everything. Kinda mimmicking my buddies recipe to an extent. Just subbin a few things as im on a budget. His recipe is dialed and a half but i am a bit stubborn ha

Ive Also got some obiwan OG beans from vader en route to me and looking to grab some packs from archive.

Heres the left behind babies. And some of my shatter for attention lol

20161116 213048
20161104 234309 1
20161116 141811
Last edited:
Smerb

Smerb

And heres last night, day 3 of 12/12. Plan on throwin a trellis in there to attempt to stop em from outgrowin the tent and height restrictions as well as trying to even the canopy.

Running 9 under 1 light, and 5 under the other. We shall see what i can do to help these ladies out. Other details on current situation.

Hand watering daily now in the 3 gallon bags.
Switched to h&g coco a/b.
Cal mag, voodoo juice, liquid karma, drip clean, diamond nectar, protekt silica and snow storm ulyra being used in feedings.
Ph 5.8
Ppm of last feed was 800/1.6 ec.
Kinda heavy but been throwing 700-800 at em last few week and they took it like a champ. Was working with 5 gallon buckets for a rez so was a nightmare. Upgraded to a larger one so much easier to dillute when needed.
Have AN b52, big bud and overdrive for later
Yo we rockin da same kicks, haha, and I'm dealing with the chillyness also. I'm gonna check in on yer grow, in for the ride,high style. Your flowering them taller ones already right? Jumped in.

W

WyattHerbz

Yeahh flipped all the blue dreams few days ago. Damn lights are gonna be up against the roof lol.

Yeahh the chucks! Legit just (semi) retired the pair ive had since High school so like 12 years. So damn broke in and dialed haha. Thanks hope u follow along. Tryin to find a store with panda film so can make a diy twnt today

Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

I'd get that Scrog going sooner than later. Looks great though. Might need too up your frequency on the watering as well pretty shortly. Once they get to setting buds.

W

WyattHerbz

I half assed puttin it up last night. Ran outta time so gonna get it lowered more and proper tonight.

Yeah i plan on watering more. Been hand watering daily but its a pain in the ass without a long wand, cant pull them out anymore. Just got back from home depot with supplies to setup an automated dripper system

20161121 223423
Last edited:
W

WyattHerbz

Fuckin aphids. Got em all over the place. Tries nor cal nutrients 86, seemed to of killed some but theyre still runnin amok. Just blasted a jug of mighty wash best i could all over. Tried to spray from below up and get ubder the leaves well and from the sides/top to hopefully get everywhere.
Hopefully this kills em, still may grab a pyrethrum fogger to nuke the fucks.

W

WyattHerbz

Temps generally stay between 66 and 80. Small heater to achieve the 66 with lights out on these frosty mornings. Humidity is right around 50-55%. Hand watering once a day right about 2 hours after lights kick on

Top Bottom