My new clones look drooped, opinions please.

• Thread starter caliogk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok folks, lets but this baby to bed :indifferent0023:

This is quoted from a different source:

"Fungus gnats become a nuisance indoors when adults emerge in large numbers as mosquito-like insects from potted plants or flower boxes containing damp soil rich in humus. Larvae or maggots, which feed in soil high in organic matter, can injure the roots of most plants. Plant
symptoms may appear as sudden wilting, loss of vigor, poor growth, yellowing and foliage loss.
Along with the larvae, fungus gnats get their name from bringing over fungal spores to a new root system, which they then infest, colonize and destroy."

First I got an "A-HA" reading another post here, then stumbled on the above info. It's not my mix, that's why I was scratching my head so much over this (there was white root coming out of the bottom on the larger ladies. When I saw that, then saw what they looked like I was thrown for a loop. I have NEVER seen that before.)

I had fungus gnats in ALL the babies since day 1 of them even coming into the garden pre-transplant. Of course they would look this bad that far in and it was only getting worse. The roots have never had a chance to thrive yet AT ALL. Slowly they are coming around. These past few days they have been blowing up like a suicide bomber :mad0233:

It's been about a week since nematodes were applied and you can tell a difference. It was a mistake, I have learned from it and even picked up a new skill. I will water them with nematodes early on as a preventative from now on.

Cat Jockey - All the "voodoo" you speak of enables me to get tasty delightful treats of kush to the fam. Call me a witch DR. :afroweed:

HPIM0202
F

farmerjohn

3 pages to tell some1 his precious ladies have transplant shock! lol

Try this every time you transplant anything & see if you don't get a better result. Carefully unpot & repot the plant, paying attention to the roots. Don't disturb them, except to unwind any that are circling the medium. I put soil into the new pot to a level where I can just lay the root ball on top of. Then I slide in more material around the outside. Gently pack new soil to get rid of air pockets between the old & new medium. Water lightly around outside of the plants root ball. Now, here's the trick. No more than light watering & certainly no fertilizers for a few days! Also, you want to ease them into full light exposure, over the course of a few days. You want the plant to adjust quickly & ferts &/or a 1000W lamp are not the way to achieve that! Let it rest after transplanting & within a week, you will have an adjusted plant that is ready to rock-n-roll!

Trend

Trend

Listen to farmer,I'd bet anything it's too much light/transplant shock for the babies.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
3 pages to tell some1 his precious ladies have transplant shock! lol

Try this every time you transplant anything & see if you don't get a better result. Carefully unpot & repot the plant, paying attention to the roots. Don't disturb them, except to unwind any that are circling the medium. I put soil into the new pot to a level where I can just lay the root ball on top of. Then I slide in more material around the outside. Gently pack new soil to get rid of air pockets between the old & new medium. Water lightly around outside of the plants root ball. Now, here's the trick. No more than light watering & certainly no fertilizers for a few days! Also, you want to ease them into full light exposure, over the course of a few days. You want the plant to adjust quickly & ferts &/or a 1000W lamp are not the way to achieve that! Let it rest after transplanting & within a week, you will have an adjusted plant that is ready to rock-n-roll!

Farmer, you the man!

I spent a couple days doing my homework and your right on the money. I now know what NOT to do next time and will get it right :rasta:

Everything you said is $$$. I have read also that the water you use to first set the root ball in the new container should be cold.

Everyone reading this, farmer is right on.

Next time babies come in, we want to make sure to "harden them off". This gets them ready for the big watts and big buds.

Start off in smaller containers (easier to transplant later if you are doing so) and under weaker light (cfl's or t5's are usually always the ticket).

I usually see 1-2 weeks of hardening off depending on the person/farmer. After that they get transplanted and put in the the big dog room to do work.

It also doesn't help me that I have a slower vegger with the bubba.

Good things come to those who wait :character0050:

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey i did the same thing with my babies and they came back in 2-3 days. no worries. peace

Top Bottom