My New Dwc Grow. First Timer

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

I got bloom bulbs so im assuming thats for plants. Got the 4ft light yesterday. It covers the ENTIRE tent i have. I can barely fit it in the damn thing. Lol but i love the fact that i will be able to grow my next crop from start to finish with this single light. The 2ft light just didnt cut it. Thursday will be 8 weeks in bloom for my first plant. Being new im thinking i should start my 2week flush on week 9 so by the t8 e i harvest itll be 11 weeks. Average bloom time is usually 8-12 weeks correct?

DGP

DGP

If I remember correctly this was from mystery seed. So it could be done as early as 8 weeks or more like 12. Since it was from seed it may take a little longer than from clone. I believe this is because a clone is already sexually mature. The problem is since you don't have experience with this plant it will be a guess as to when you are a week or two out so you can start the flush. Start scoping the flowers and watch the progression fo the trichs etc. Post up some close ups if you can get some.

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

Got my new light. Its the same dimensions as my tent so its a snug fit!! But it has a few different controls to operate a few lights or all of them. Got the high output bulbs and it is bright as shit. Pushes out a ton more light than my 2ft light. Just having problems getting it to the top of my tent with the filter and the size of it. No dents, no problems on the light itself. Seems to work nicely.

7E996D29 ED1F 446D 972F F44B6FF47654
mikeb437

mikeb437

If I remember correctly this was from mystery seed. So it could be done as early as 8 weeks or more like 12. Since it was from seed it may take a little longer than from clone. I believe this is because a clone is already sexually mature. The problem is since you don't have experience with this plant it will be a guess as to when you are a week or two out so you can start the flush. Start scoping the flowers and watch the progression fo the trichs etc. Post up some close ups if you can get some.

Dee

What should the trichs look like when i start to flush? Im doing a 2 week flush. Should they Be cloudy? Should they be clear and just starting to get cloudy? Being a new grower, idk the time it takes for the trichs to turn from clear to cloudy to amber. Damn scope i bought is a pain in the ass to view with too..

DGP

DGP

What should the trichs look like when i start to flush? Im doing a 2 week flush. Should they Be cloudy? Should they be clear and just starting to get cloudy? Being a new grower, idk the time it takes for the trichs to turn from clear to cloudy to amber. Damn scope i bought is a pain in the ass to view with too..

I am not sure how to make a call on your plant but I suppose if they are mostly cloudy it would probably be time to flush. The scopes are hard to use. I actually glued the base of my scope to a heavy piece of hardwood and then clamp that to the table so things don't keep moving. Then I trim a small piece of sugar leaf off the bud and put it under the USB scope. If I have to inspect the flower on the plant I use an old fashioned jewelers loupe.

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

I am not sure how to make a call on your plant but I suppose if they are mostly cloudy it would probably be time to flush. The scopes are hard to use. I actually glued the base of my scope to a heavy piece of hardwood and then clamp that to the table so things don't keep moving. Then I trim a small piece of sugar leaf off the bud and put it under the USB scope. If I have to inspect the flower on the plant I use an old fashioned jewelers loupe.

Dee
Ahhhh. So trim a small piece off and put under the scope. I never thought of that. Yes, I move around too much and it is too hard to see

mikeb437

mikeb437

Got a problem. The other plant is suffering and I’m not sure what is going on. Am I giving it to many nutrients?

114FBEB3 AD3D 4046 86F9 94ACAA32C694
70578CDC 7995 4C9A A31F C185041ACD42
mikeb437

mikeb437

Week 8 into flower. I am reducing the PPM’s to around 400 for this last week and then next week I will start the two-week flushing process with just plain water. PH is at 5.9 And PPMs are at 474. I switched out the water today and put fresh nudes and water. A couple teaspoons of Hydro guard and we are good to go for another week until I begin the flush

17270BB9 E16B 4467 8097 373A443958A0
FADE1A24 FDA6 42A9 B18E 5FBABFA4424A
D2F5AE62 C0D0 42F7 82AC C43D2748CDDB
DGP

DGP

Your leaf colors could be the end of life Fall colors one might expect but I am not for sure on that. Each strain varies so much. How do your trichs look under magnification? what do you think the percentage of the percentage of trichs that are cloudy is?

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

Your leaf colors could be the end of life Fall colors one might expect but I am not for sure on that. Each strain varies so much. How do your trichs look under magnification? what do you think the percentage of the percentage of trichs that are cloudy is?

Dee
I dont know. I tried looking with my microscope yesterday but it is very difficult to see the Trichs. I will look again tomorrow and get a better idea.

DGP

DGP

What is the humidity and temperature in your grow? I see that the leaves are very dark green in the latest pictures. They also seem to have some strange bumps (not the trichs but out farther on the leaves) on them and they are drooping. Are they heat stressed?

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

What is the humidity and temperature in your grow? I see that the leaves are very dark green in the latest pictures. They also seem to have some strange bumps (not the trichs but out farther on the leaves) on them and they are drooping. Are they heat stressed?

Dee
Possibly. Its in a closet since its so tall. I don’t live full-time at the place where it is at so sometimes in the morning the lights are on for a few hours before I am able to open up the door.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Dee
I see cloudy trichs. Today i seen an amber trich so i must be getting close. What is the minimal amount of time I can flush my plants? I’ve had regular water in there with no nutrients since Thursday but I might have to pull this a little sooner than the two weeks that I thought

DGP

DGP

This is the hardest part for me, deciding when to chop. Waiting longer it seems to me is better than chopping too early. I always tend toward chopping too soon cause I get anxious about it when I should wait. The more amber you get the more sedative the effect will likely be and some argue that any turning of amber is a reduction in potency because what your seeing is oxidation of the material and that would indicate the THC is breaking down. I like a certain amount of amber myself cause I use the medicine for insomnia (higher CBN content I guess).

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

67 days into flower. Trichs are getting cloudy. Been flushing with ph’d water for 3 days so far. I don’t believe I will be waiting two more weeks until I pick this so I will be keeping a close eye on it. If anybody can give me any input from my pictures please Do so.

2AEDC2CA 13D0 4969 B815 D8BEC258CE7C
62A1EEEE 2723 48BD B7EB 0BC98CDE0BAE
DF9F5B55 7FC9 42D1 AA22 A0CBB81B031E
1086392B D100 414E 89F6 889A4ABAF2C1
2E5FE100 7051 42E5 8069 6CFE51AF7518
FE0129E7 EF6B 42A2 83CB 725B7A3C03E5
DGP

DGP

It would be interesting to hear from a few other folks on how far along they are but I still see quite a few white pistils. She may be at least a week out but if too many trichs turn amber it might need to come down sooner than that in spite of the color of the remaining pistils.

Dee

mikeb437

mikeb437

It would be interesting to hear from a few other folks on how far along they are but I still see quite a few white pistils. She may be at least a week out but if too many trichs turn amber it might need to come down sooner than that in spite of the color of the remaining pistils.

Dee

I agree. Im going to give it another week minimum just to make sure im not pulling it too soon. Im definitely getting anxious! But i want to do this right and get the best quality i can get. Now my other plant,,, its a pineapple strain. Im 50 days into flower and im already seeing cloudy trichs on that plant!! 2 weeks behind this big plant and the trichs nearly look the same. Im seeing a purple color in the trichs as well. I DID figure out the microscope i bought but still think the 60x headset would work best

mikeb437

mikeb437

Harvested on Thursday. Hanging in a closet with 72 degree temps and 50% humidity. Got a tiny fan circulating the air a bit. Gonna wait another week ir so before i trim and jar

7BFEF2F9 D472 4DCE A0E4 B0F96A011495
2027AD01 C317 4631 9E3D AA6541EB129A
D292CDC8 CCDC 4BC9 8FBE 173C2CDF2D30
52B6CEFA B776 4483 91F9 72EE4A240351
12ED9972 009A 49B1 8966 42BF1A0D162A

Latest posts

Top Bottom