My new grow room as a beginner

• Thread starter dezahp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dezahp

dezahp

The shop recommended Tupur to me when they said they didn't have any Sunshine mix #4. I just got it because I needed to transplant asap. I couldn't wait any longer. Before transplanting, they started drinking everything and I had to start watering them every single day. I even had to dilute my nute mix to 1/2 to 3/4 strength cause they started getting nute burn from feeding everyday.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

The issue is you went from soil to coco now the center of your pot is soil and the bottom and sides would be the coco and whats happing is the side are drying out way faster then the center and when coco drys out to much it crushes your roots so all your new root growth keep dying off as its trying to grow resulting in your plant to look very unhealthy you could try and fight with it till the end but it be a rough go best suggestion get some pro mix or pre trea and try re transplanting them into soil again take it slow and easy and only use water to water them in and youll probably lose lots of growth so youll need to let the re grow befor flipping but if you wanna try and flip soon once you know their doing better just flip them and take it really slow untill they recover fully and you shouldnt walk away with a bad yeild.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

The shop recommended Tupur to me when they said they didn't have any Sunshine mix #4. I just got it because I needed to transplant asap. I couldn't wait any longer. Before transplanting, they started drinking everything and I had to start watering them every single day. I even had to dilute my nute mix to 1/2 to 3/4 strength cause they started getting nute burn from feeding everyday.
its okay to leave them in the 1 gals until your ready to transplant ive vegged in them for 9 weeks once cause i didnt have room so i moved some over to my other room that was still vegging in 1 gal and they did amazing i took off over 4 oz on one plant and everything else in the room did just over 3 oz a plant

dezahp

dezahp

The issue is you went from soil to coco now the center of your pot is soil and the bottom and sides would be the coco and whats happing is the side are drying out way faster then the center and when coco drys out to much it crushes your roots so all your new root growth keep dying off as its trying to grow resulting in your plant to look very unhealthy you could try and fight with it till the end but it be a rough go best suggestion get some pro mix or pre trea and try re transplanting them into soil again take it slow and easy and only use water to water them in and youll probably lose lots of growth so youll need to let the re grow befor flipping but if you wanna try and flip soon once you know their doing better just flip them and take it really slow untill they recover fully and you shouldnt walk away with a bad yeild.

Even though sunshine mix #4 isn't really considered a soil mix but a peat mix? I don't know why the shop would recommend Tupur to me then.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Even though sunshine mix #4 isn't really considered a soil mix but a peat mix? I don't know why the shop would recommend it to me then.
Yea that's really strange and yea id consider sunshine a soil the peat in it is what helps hold water that's why you should add perlite for better drainage where the tupur coco doesn't retain water when your in coco you usually water 2-6 times a day depending on set up and in soil you water every 2 days

dezahp

dezahp

Yea that's really strange and yea id consider sunshine a soil the peat in it is what helps hold water that's why you should add perlite for better drainage where the tupur coco doesn't retain water when your in coco you usually water 2-6 times a day depending on set up and in soil you water every 2 days

I see, ok. I've seen a bunch of people say before they transplanted from soil to coco without any problems though so I was hoping it would be ok.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

I see, ok. I've seen a bunch of people say before they transplanted from soil to coco without any problems though so I was hoping it would be ok.
im sure its possible but i wouldn't recommend it if you were going from like a 4 inch pot of soil to coco it'd probably work alright since most of your pot would be coco but from 1 gals to 3 gals imo would be a big shock for them to change over

dezahp

dezahp

im sure its possible but i wouldn't recommend it if you were going from like a 4 inch pot of soil to coco it'd probably work alright since most of your pot would be coco but from 1 gals to 3 gals imo would be a big shock for them to change over

That makes sense...I feel like this most likely is culprit since this happened right after transplant. For now I just fed all of them tonight and tried to make sure to get mostly the edges. I will think of what to do and hope that they will recover this week...

amekins

amekins

I've been super busy but have an update and new headache. I bought a ultrasonic humidifier to try and up my humidity because it was dropping to 35-40%. I checked on the girls today and I'm seeing a bunch of their leaves covered with white powder. I freaked out because I don't want my first grow end up being a failure with powder mildew. I then start thinking and doing some research and it could be white powder from the minerals in the tap water I'm using for the humidifier. So I grabbed a dark shirt and wiped down my panda film and look and behold...white dust/build up. What do you guys think? I'm PRAYING it's not powder mildew. Guess I'll have to grab a wet rag and carefully wipe down the leaves and see if it comes back ....then it'll probably be powder mildew.

If it's the humidifier and tap water, which I'm hoping it is, then I guess I was wrong thinking it was ok to use it since it tested 18pp and will have to get some distilled if I wanna use it.
I use tap at 155 ppm in my humidifier and have never had anything on the walls of my tent or leaves plant. I think it’s wpm.

dusty68

dusty68

I'm not sure how I'm gonna do that. I also don't want any holes or ducts sticking out from the house that people can see. My logic was that it might be ok with the vents to the roof in the attic but if I needed to then stick a hygrometer up there and put a dehumidifier if I really needed to. Do you think it is a bad idea?
I would try to run the discharge directly to a roof vent or soffit vent or ridge vent that is existing in the attic. I know construction and you are in for trouble if push that much humidity in your attic. that's why they require the roof vents and bathroom exhausts are required to exit the building (like Elvis).LOL

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

That makes sense...I feel like this most likely is culprit since this happened right after transplant. For now I just fed all of them tonight and tried to make sure to get mostly the edges. I will think of what to do and hope that they will recover this week...
If your going to just send it id keep my temps around 76f and do lighter feedings and yea focus on watering around the edges so you dont have the center soaked and the edges dry if you edges dry out befor the center then maybe just use a low dose of nutes to keep the edges wet while the center is still drying out its take some extra work and paying attention

dezahp

dezahp

If your going to just send it id keep my temps around 76f and do lighter feedings and yea focus on watering around the edges so you dont have the center soaked and the edges dry if you edges dry out befor the center then maybe just use a low dose of nutes to keep the edges wet while the center is still drying out its take some extra work and paying attention

I full on sent it and managed to get the girls to recover fairly nicely. Some friends were telling me they think it was nute burn but when you said they looked hungry then I did a bit of research and found pictures of magnesium deficiency. It looked pretty spot on what looked like was going on with my leaves. I first did a 1/4-1/2 strength feed especially around the edges like you recommended. My next feed I did my regular mixture with a bit extra Cal Mag. They're doing much better now. I decided to wait to flip until they're recovered and healthy so I will probably flip soon in a couple of days. Phew! I was pretty stressed.

PXL 20210113 032319039
dezahp

dezahp

Finally an update!!! I've been super busy with everything the past couple of weeks... Let me tell you... This first grow has been kicking my ass. I installed this on my vent to vent out my attic even more as that is where I'm pushing out all of my exhaust. I put a wifi hygrometer up there and it has been looking good and a lot better in the attic.

The last time I posted I was having an issue with most of my plants after I transplanted to 3 gal pots. They were turning lime green and yellow. In my conclusion, I don't think was my nutes, ph, or anything. I think the clones I received were from some pretty bad cuttings. Even the way they grew out was bad and the stems grew out really pretty dinky. They were way too sensitive and couldn't take the 3 gal transplant and also we switched from our original medium sunshine mix #4 to tupur as we ran out. So I'm sure that probably didn't help or made it worse. I was able to get them to recover but had to add 1.5-2 weeks to my veg then I was finally able to flip when I saw most of them were healthy enough. I think this all caused a lot of them to stunt their growth because a lot of them didn't take off and grow as tall as a few of the other ones. I lollipopped them towards the end of week 3. The colas aren't as big as I would like either. I guess I'll just try to be happy that I was able to recover and get something out of this harvest.

We had a period of like 3-4 weeks in February of rain and constantly +65 humidity. Humidifier didn't matter much because I'm not running a sealed room and my intake is coming from outside. So even with humidifier, the intake is just bringing in more moisture from outside. So now I'm having problems of PM right now. We bought PureCrop1 and are in the process of spraying with 2 days 4 times for the first treatment. So I have two strains right now, gelato and runtz. The runtz I received from a different person and I think the runtz genes came with PM as they are the main ones that are infested. Most of my gelatos look good and may only have a little of PM here and there. I'm just trying to spray them and make it to harvest. I have another strain, pink runtz, ordered from someone that I trust already so I can't wait to be done with this harvest and get rid of these girls. They're also starting to show color now too.

PXL 20210307 100215982
PXL 20210307 100155321
PXL 20210307 103217773
PXL 20210307 100140550
dezahp

dezahp

Today is the 3rd spray out of 4 every other day for PureCrop1. They are looking good now so hopefully it stays like that until harvest. I was using a gallon pump sprayer but it wastes too much formula. Switched to a regular hand spray bottle. Less convenient and tires/hurts my hand but it doesn't waste like the gallon pump sprayer and I'm not cleaning literal puddles off the floor. And this stuff isn't cheap either.

dezahp

dezahp

It has gotten cold the past few days and started raining again. It's been hitting 65-68 with the lights on the last 2-3 days. I have an extra 1k hps gavita so I'm thinking about swapping out one of the LEDs for the hps but I'm worried if switching the light will shock the plants even more. I think normally by this time in flowering I would like the cold so I can get as much color as I can but the colas aren't nearly as big as I would have hoped or liked so I would like to get as much additional weight as I can.

dezahp

dezahp

Geeeze... it's been so cold lately that my temps are still below 70 with lights. Swapped my LEDs so I'm running 3x 1k gavita hps lights and 1 hlg 600 v2 rspec. The gavitas have a 1150 option so I even lifted them higher and put them on 1150. Crazy that it's still this cold. I really wanted to up the temp for the last 3 weeks to see if I can get some more weight and growth on the colas but man this cold ass weather is making it hard...

Screenshot 20210311 0216022
SSgrower

SSgrower

Bloody well right, 1st. grows are an experience, the learning is extraordinary. Cheers!

dezahp

dezahp

I'm trying to think of when I need to start flushing to harvest. I don't want a super couch lock feeling so I don't want to end up pushing it too late but I would like to extend feeding nutes for as long as I can to get as much growth and weight as I can. From what I see it maybe looks like another week or something before maybe I have to start flushing? More orange hairs the past few days and I assume the trichomes start turning more milky the next week. What do you guys think? I'm gonna see if I can pick up a magnifying glass from the store.

PXL 20210312 071248901
PXL 20210312 071336058
PXL 20210312 071425199
Last edited:
dezahp

dezahp

A picture of my runtz. I thought the runtz and gelato would be a bit similar since runtz are cross of gelato but the runtz are getting a lot more purple coloring than the gelatos from the cold. The gelatos are purpling a little bit but nothing compared to the runtz.

The colas look like they got a little bigger. Not sure if it's just because of time but hopefully the swap to the LEDs to HPS and upping it to 1150 helped.

PXL 20210313 0837384162

Latest posts

Top Bottom