My Next Hydro Grow with Orange Creamsicle Free World Genetics

• Thread starter Teslajuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bdubs

Remember that temperature transfer will have your reservoir temps trying to match the surface that your container is sitting on. Raising the container off the ground and allowing air flow underneath can help reduce temps of the surface that you container is sitting on is hotter than your desired water temps. + temps created from your air pump incoming air.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 42 after germination. After my flush and the adding of Humboldts nutes I noticed the fan leaves turning lighter. So I added some GH nutes thinking it might help but I think I maybe in a nute lockout situation as the roots don’t look like they are growing anymore or spreading out and the plant seems to be at a stand still with a little bit of nute tip burning on some leaves. So I diluted water with adding more RO water and H2O2 and dropped my ppms today to 160 and reduced light Intensity to 50% . I am also trying to train her to spread out a little.

IMG 7997
IMG 7998
IMG 8001
IMG 8002
PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

I don’t know much, but it looks to me more like fade from nitrogen deficiency rather than the beginnings of lock out.

B

Bdubs

They are going to yellow. Then get soggy/bubbly leafs inter veinal. Retaining moisture. Then droop. Then discolor more and have no more green and will dry up and does

If you keep it out of Leaf VPD. 100% intensity is going to cause high leaf temps. While room temps show on the example of 30RH. Yeah your room is 1.88. But if your leaf temperatures are 78 from being blasted with 100% intensity, then you are well into closed stomata (no transpiration) no eating or drinking). No nitrogen. High intensity light forcing photons beyond the plants limits. You are not burning, you are bleaching from max distance and max intensity. And RH. 50% intensity and reduce distance should reduce leaf temps. But you need to get that RH up. Very important.

IMG 8899
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 44 after germination. Every-time I try to change nutes to humboldts I encounter leaf discoloration so I decided to stick with GH nutes throughout the grow and keep at lower ppm and lower light intensity. Performing LST to spread the branches outward.

Ph : 6.0
Water temp: 72F
PPM: 150
Temp: 71F
RH: 24%
Light:SF4000 @45%

IMG 8009
IMG 8012
IMG 8014
IMG 8015
IMG 8019
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

I Added a little more GH nutes today as I noticed a drop in 20 PPMs over the last 24 hours which indicates to me that she’s eating so I Bumped ppm to 190 with 2ml of floranova and 6 ml of flora micro and Ph is stable at 5.8. Will keep these settings to see where she goes from here.

B

BigAl3352

Hey all, I am back after a little break from growing as I had more than enough from my last grow. This time I am starting off with one seedling.
4x2 tent.
The seedling is approx 1 week old.
PPM: 350
Temp: 72F
RH: 20%
PH: 6.2
Light:SF1000

For now I am using General Hydrophonics Nutes.
I will try to log as much as I can through out the grow.
Might want to bring RH up to 70-80%.
My main issue, so far, with General Hydroponics nutes in Hydroponics (RDWC) is that there is sooo much food dye/coloring that it stains the roots so you can't look at them and tell if they are healthy or not.
Thoughts?

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Might want to bring RH up to 70-80%.
My main issue, so far, with General Hydroponics nutes in Hydroponics (RDWC) is that there is sooo much food dye/coloring that it stains the roots so you can't look at them and tell if they are healthy or not.
Thoughts?
I know I always get that I should bring my RH up, however she is eating and drinking and growing atm. Just within the last 12 hrs ppms dropped 10 ppm from 190 to 180 and she is still growing! Yes the GH nutes are very dark brown depending on how much I put i believe they do stain which is why I keep it kinda low

Newty

Newty

Just have a question, what light height have you been using?
I see you were using an sf1000 at 100% early on and then switched to a sf4000 (450 watt) and running at 75%, just seems like a lot of power for a 2x4 tent, in early veg anyways. Maybe I missed something, just thought I would ask.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Just have a question, what light height have you been using?
I see you were using an sf1000 at 100% early on and then switched to a sf4000 (450 watt) and running at 75%, just seems like a lot of power for a 2x4 tent, in early veg anyways. Maybe I missed something, just thought I would ask.
I indicated on page 2 that light was at 24” from top of canopy. Now its at 17”-18”. Hope that helps!

IMG 8021
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 45 after germination. She is showing Significant signs of eating as ppms have dropped from 190 to 160 within a 18 hour period and newer growth.

Ph : 5.7
Water temp: 66F
PPM: 160 from 190 last night
Temp: 69F
RH: 26%

IMG 8022
IMG 8023
IMG 8024
IMG 8026
IMG 8027
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

I opened her up and examined her roots and they are looking considerably better additionally considering her eating well today I feel she is on a path of great success. With that in mind I added more RO water to bring my PH up a little to leave room for additional nutes and then added some more to bring her ppm to 220 and ph to 5.9 tonight. Will see what she brings tomorrow.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 46 after germination. She went from 220ppm to 190ppm in 24 hrs. Ph drifted up to 6.2 from 5.7 last night. I added ph down but it bottomed to 5.4 so I added 1.5 gals of RO water to push it back up to 5.8 and ppms reduced from 190 to 140 after adding RO water.

Ph : 5.8
Water temp: 70F
PPM: 140
RH: 25%

IMG 8035
IMG 8034
IMG 8033
IMG 8031
IMG 8032
PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Day 46 after germination. She went from 220ppm to 190ppm in 24 hrs. Ph drifted up to 6.2 from 5.7 last night. I added ph down but it bottomed to 5.4 so I added 1.5 gals of RO water to push it back up to 5.8 and ppms reduced from 190 to 140 after adding RO water.

Water temp: 70F
RH: 25%
That’s what my roots look like. I’m using much higher nutes than you, ~550 ppm

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 48 after germination. Purged whole system and let her run with 6ml of h2o2 for a few hrs before adding floranova and floramicro. Light increased to 50%

Ph : 6.4
Water temp: 68f
RH: 26%
Light:SF4000 @50%

IMG 8048
IMG 8049
IMG 8047
IMG 8050
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Last night I added more nutes just to see her reaction. I bumped them up to 310 and she ate 20 ppms from it within 12 hours and waking up this am she looked so perky and happy. Definitely seeing new growth. Im going to push her a little more today so I gave her a little more nute to bump her up to 350 ppm

PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Last night I added more nutes just to see her reaction. I bumped them up to 310 and she ate 20 ppms from it within 12 hours and waking up this am she looked so perky and happy. Definitely seeing new growth. Im going to push her a little more today so I gave her a little more nute to bump her up to 350 ppm
Bro, I’m new but I’m not positive you’re reading your PPMs correctly. It’s my understanding if your PPMs are dropping that means your plants needs more nutes.

If PPM stays the same as water level lowers, that means the concentration of nutrients in the water is well balanced and the plant is absorbing it.

If PPMs rise that means your plant is taking in water but not the nutes because it’s too much for your plant.

If I’m wrong, please school me.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 49 after germination. Still want her to spread out a little before I flower her. How does she look? I think she’s loving her home.

Water temp: 68F
PPM: 340
RH: 23%
Light:SF4000 @50%

IMG 8059
IMG 8056
IMG 8058
IMG 8055
IMG 8054
IMG 8053
IMG 8051
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Bro, I’m new but I’m not positive you’re reading your PPMs correctly. It’s my understanding if your PPMs are dropping that means your plants needs more nutes.

If PPM stays the same as water level lowers, that means the concentration of nutrients in the water is well balanced and the plant is absorbing it.

If PPMs rise that means your plant is taking in water but not the nutes because it’s too much for your plant.

If I’m wrong, please school me.
I don’t know really what I’m doing with ppms. All I know is that it is a useful tool when using nutrients to read the plant as well as what I put in her. Like just before my last rez change I noticed ppms weren’t dropping within a 24 hr period so I did a res flush and cleaned everything out. As soon as I started putting nutes after the res change she started eating again. I think she was in a lockout situation with too many salts from nutes but I could be wrong idk. Imo She should always be eating ppms so if she isn’t then something ain’t right imo. This is just my experience with the relation to how she grows and looks. I can see an immediate change in her visually when I do something different. I use all the tools I have and play around mostly just to see how she reacts I then use the thcfarmers members input then I use all that information to extrapolate future decisions to make her happy. In summation I find a base to work with, then I fine tune all of my resources in relation to how she responds. If she’s growing, green and smells nice then I’m good or should I say she’s good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom