My Next Hydro Grow with Orange Creamsicle Free World Genetics

• Thread starter Teslajuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenadian

Greenadian

Supporter
Looking happy in their home! How many watts does your SF4000 use? Whats the distance between the top of your plant and the light?
Cheers

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Looking happy in their home! How many watts does your SF4000 use? Whats the distance between the top of your plant and the light?
Cheers
Yes she is thriving and multiplying for sure. The spider farmer is pushing out approximately 465watts last time I checked which was 2.5 years ago could be less now but is pumping out a lot of heat, and I have the light 24” above her top.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 26 after germination. Topped her after the 5th tier. Added more water with hydrogen peroxide. Added more nutes to increase ppm.

PPM: 260
Temp: 72F
Water temp: 68F
RH: 29%
PH: 6.0
Light:SF4000 @ 100%

IMG 7690
IMG 7692
IMG 7694
IMG 7695
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 27 after germination. Drained some water out and added more RO water. Added ph down. Noticing an increase in girth on the trunk. More roots are descending from basket.

PPM: 220
Temp: 73F
Water temp: 73
RH: 26%
PH: 5.8

IMG 7701
IMG 7703
IMG 7704
IMG 7706
IMG 7707
IMG 7708
IMG 7710
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 28, 4 weeks old from germination. I woke up to find some of the leaves turning an abnormal color. Last night was the first night I installed a large fan which I think was too powerful and caused mechanical damage to the leaves especially the leaves that touch the top of the basket. Those particular leaves are the ones most affected and look damaged on the tips where they hit many times. I assume it is rather from the high intensity of the fan making the leaves bang on the top of the basket too much. It also could be too intense of lighting or too much nutes. Some other leaves are affected but not too noticeable. I panicked and did a 90% flush added hydrogen peroxide, reduced my lighting to 80% and installed a smaller oscillation fan. I will keep these settings to see what happens next.

Final numbers I ended up with today are:
PPM: 50
Temp: 70
Water temp: 69
RH: 28%
PH: 6.2
Light:SF4000 @ 80%

IMG 7722
IMG 7720
IMG 7721
IMG 7723
IMG 7724
IMG 7725
IMG 7718
PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Your plant looks great! Is it just me or is your RH and PPM super low throughout the grow? Looks like it’s working well, I’m just trying to learn. I’m using GH nutes and even when I go light, I’m pushing 600 ppms. I dilute to 500 or so.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Your plant looks great! Is it just me or is your RH and PPM super low throughout the grow? Looks like it’s working well, I’m just trying to learn. I’m using GH nutes and even when I go light, I’m pushing 600 ppms. I dilute to 500 or so.
Thank you. According to most I suppose my RH is low, contrary to what some believe my testimonies suggest otherwise in relation to Hydro, however I enjoy hydro as the RH under the plant is probably 100% RH and makes up the difference hence my girls girthy trunk. Believe it or not if I wasn’t growing my RH inside would be around 10% so as the plant matures the RH in theory should go higher as transpiration increases as the plant grows. Also I believe a dryer environment conduces denser buds and almost eliminates the chances of getting mold, fungus and spores, a win-win situation for me.

In relation to PPMs my RO water is extracted at 0 ppm and PH is 6.8 right out of my RO spigot. So I have a good base to start with. I notice if I push it to 300 PPMs with this water my roots start to brown and you know what they say, if it is yellow keep it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down. This is a good saying to follow if you want to be successful at growing and not to over-feed your plants.

Last edited:
PeregrineRefuge8281

PeregrineRefuge8281

Thank you. According to most I suppose my RH is low, contrary to what some believe my testimonies suggest otherwise in relation to Hydro, however I enjoy hydro as the RH under the plant is probably 100% RH and makes up the difference hence my girls girthy trunk. Believe it or not if I wasn’t growing my RH inside would be around 10% so as the plant matures the RH in theory should go higher as transpiration increases as the plant grows. Also I believe a dryer environment conduces denser buds and almost eliminates the chances of getting mold, fungus and spores, a win-win situation for me.

In relation to PPMs my RO water is extracted at 0 ppm and PH is 6.8 right out of my RO spigot. So I have a good base to start with. I notice if I push it to 300 PPMs with this water my roots start to brown and you know what they say, if it is yellow keep it mellow, if it’s brown flush it down. This is a good saying to follow if you want to be successful at growing and not to over-feed your plants.
Thanks for your thoughtful response. I’ll be following along and taking notes!

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 29, she is looking really good today. I added a little more nutes to increase PPM and I increased the lighting back to 100%.
Roots are growing and developing more. All branches are increasing in size.

PPM: 70
Temp: 71F
Water temp: 67F
PH: 5.7

IMG 7740
IMG 7742
IMG 7744
IMG 7745
IMG 7746
IMG 7748
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Day 29, she is looking really good today. I added a little more nutes to increase PPM and I increased the lighting back to 100%.
Roots are growing and developing more. All branches are increasing in size.

PPM: 70
Water temp: 67F
PH: 5.7
Damn looking really good so far i just had a baby that got root rot 😫
Shes very slowly recovering ❤️‍🩹
Im following along😄🤟

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 30 after germination part 1. Last night I wanted to raise my Ph a tad as it was drifting towards 5.4-5.5 and I don’t like to be that low in Veg. I managed to fill a bucket of RO water last night and as I poured it into the rez I realized I accidentally had food droppings in it. Knowing this I couldn’t really rest because I was thinking that the small food fragments will cause bacteria growth so the next morning, which was this morning I did a full purge and cleaned out everything, the rez tank, the 5 gal bucket including my air tubes and drain tubes and feed tube. I then refilled everything back up with RO water with hydrogen peroxide. I Let it recirculate for about an hour and slowly added nutes through out the morning, slowly dropping the PH as I add PPMs to the water.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 30 after germination part 2. The water temp got a little high today peaking at 75F and so I put a bucket of RO ice to drop water temps down to 68F initially my test was 75F, noticed she wasn’t happy with the higher temps as her leaves started to droop, I added some GH nutes with Humboldts nutes because I feel like she was losing some of the darker green color with only humboldts and I noticed a darker green color coming back with the addition of GH nutes but the roots don’t look as healthy with the GH nutes. Hopefully the ice will perk her up tonight or tomorrow. I also added some ph down tonight to drop ph from 6.4 to 6.0.

PPM: 160
Water temp: peaked at 75F then to 68F with RO ice
RH: 26%
PH: 6.4 then to 6.0 after PH down added.

IMG 7763
IMG 7764
IMG 7765
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 31 after germination part 1.
Noticed the leaves are clawing still, not hugely bad but noticeable, the PH ended up being 5.7 all night by testing it this morning, which is pretty good. I also turned down the light to 70% to see if that helps with the clawing/drooping of the leaves, but over all she is looking good. I also diluted the water a little bit with RO water to make sure it’s not too rich in nutrients. The inner most part of the leaves are getting a darker green color.

IMG 7766
IMG 7767
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Looks pretty labor-intensive! I am way too lazy to grow that style! Wishing you good results!

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Looks pretty labor-intensive! I am way too lazy to grow that style! Wishing you good results!
I don’t mind it. The only thing that is labor intensive is moving the water. Luckily my tent is easily accessible and close. Only draw back is trying to keep water temps in check, but hydro gives me the best results, better flower, faster growth and don’t have to deal with the bugs and dirt.

Teslajuana

Teslajuana

Day 32 after germination.

It think she’s dialed in now. She perked up and the clawing stopped and her leaves are perky. Still wondering if I can go higher on ppms but for now she looks good.
Ph is bouncing: 5.7-5.8
Water temp: 68F
PPM: 110
Temp: 69F
RH: 23%
Light:SF4000 @75%

IMG 7782
IMG 7784
Top Bottom