My Observation from a far

• Thread starter Dye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Me too. Started sweeping the parking lot. They gave me a key and a meeting. Did that for years. Always interesting and rewarding, from people flopping on the floor Seizing two wet drunks needing to be dealt with forcibly. Vallejo California. Oldest continuously operating fellowship west of the Mississippi. A good place to learn. Moved away, got hitched, bought a place, and drifted away from the meetings. But never forget about that sleeping tiger that is within us.

For sure, can't ever forget about the sleeping beast.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My younger brother was as bad as I’ve ever seen. Would have seizures without alcohol. About 25 years ago found him in the street after some dudes had played football with his head and damaged his brain stem. He lived unfortunately as a vegetable for another 22 or 23 years in a facility in Pomona. Deaf, blind, basically a vegetable. Finally died about a year ago, mercifully. They sent us a bill for his jumpsuits they had to dress him in to keep him from eating his own crap. I know, TMI. Terrible story, what a waste.A true Alki is the worst! But life goes on.

Dye

Dye

Still hate the smell of fruit punch, orange juice reminds me of screw drivers.
Tomato juice reminds of bloody Mary’s.

But my clothes smell better, no more pockets Of rolled up dollar bills and change.

Nice to meet fellow drunks once a drunk always a drunk.
I was married to one, forget it, not enough space!

sportyridr

sportyridr

My younger brother was as bad as I’ve ever seen. Would have seizures without alcohol. About 25 years ago found him in the street after some dudes had played football with his head and damaged his brain stem. He lived unfortunately as a vegetable for another 22 or 23 years in a facility in Pomona. Deaf, blind, basically a vegetable. Finally died about a year ago, mercifully. They sent us a bill for his jumpsuits they had to dress him in to keep him from eating his own crap. I know, TMI. Terrible story, what a waste.A true Alki is the worst! But life goes on.

What a shame...may he rest easy.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Still hate the smell of fruit punch, orange juice reminds me of screw drivers.
Tomato juice reminds of bloody Mary’s.

But my clothes smell better, no more pockets Of rolled up dollar bills and change.

Nice to meet fellow drunks once a drunk always a drunk.
I was married to one, forget it, not enough space!

The liquor was first to go then the cigarettes a year later. I still want one of those bastards every damn day still.

All I have left is the weed. Lol

Wife still drinks n smokes. It's the stinkin cigs especially in the winter.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

The whole legalization scene is kinda making things weird.
it is more important Now to be your own producer
They will lose and ruin the genetics in there big box stores,That are coming.
Here in the states anyway total charade it being legal.
They are taking over every hot selling territory.

growers say there harvest sits in a warehouse in plastic rubber mates.
by the time it hits the shelve, its half the quality of what it was when they grew it with love!
heard this stated more then once.they do not know how to store weed these Wall Street types.
growers letting there plants die instead of harvesting,
because of all the bs to get it to market!

in other words, people coming out of the wood work to grow weed it’s legal yea!
but all the big places push feminized seeds and auto.
I grow regular seeds to supply myself,save genetics ,I still have and use feminized once in a while to fill in a gap.
but falling in love with feminized seed is a big box store trap.

if all the early growers could have grown feminized we would not have much to choice from.
over time this will happen in big box stores. Only what they push will they sell.
save now! Absolutely no doubt!

happy to be back, good Growers here sharing the love!
Big thing of mine is the healing powers of this plant.
This plant scares a lot of business people because it can do it all.

Big pharmaceutical companies have nightmares about the possibilities of all the CBD uses.
it is why they are playing so many games right now, killing off small growers.
this might be the must dangerous time for this plant. With governments and big businesses Hovering everywhere.
big companies buying huge shares of certain companies. Then manipulating the stock its crazy.

At this pace when the smoke clears should still be one hell of a black market.
where a lot of us are more comfortable. I do not trust governments with my healthcare and certainly not my weed.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
Welcome dye...ditto here. 5 rehabs and 3 halfway houses later. I don't drink anymore, I discovered opiates after years of recovery. I'm in my 50s now. I still struggle with addiction. I'm able to put down everything but pot. I honestly don't function very well without weed. It seems to correct something in me, best way I can describe it. I started growing to kick methadone and it worked. 12 step programs are too much like religion to me. I learned alot in those meetings though and met wonderful people. The farm is one of the kinder forums imho. Good people here.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The liquor was first to go then the cigarettes a year later. I still want one of those bastards every damn day still.

All I have left is the weed. Lol

Wife still drinks n smokes. It's the stinkin cigs especially in the winter.
I tried to quit the Cigs finally said fuck it! I’ll quit smoking when my ashes cool! Be 67 in a few months and I love them too much! L O L

Dye

Dye

Welcome dye...ditto here. 5 rehabs and 3 halfway houses later. I don't drink anymore, I discovered opiates after years of recovery. I'm in my 50s now. I still struggle with addiction. I'm able to put down everything but pot. I honestly don't function very well without weed. It seems to correct something in me, best way I can describe it. I started growing to kick methadone and it worked. 12 step programs are too much like religion to me. I learned alot in those meetings though and met wonderful people. The farm is one of the kinder forums imho. Good people here.

Me too, Opiates back fusion, bad withdrawals really bad opiate withdrawals are sick.

Dye

Dye

Anyone remember saying "if cigarettes ever go to $1 a pack I'm quitting"? lol I quit around $4
Ha ha good one 2 dollars a pack, I quit but I got cartons at the Indian reservation Tax free.
I hear they are getting a marijuana License, should be a lot of flashing lights at the res.

Cigs they pushed those on us with Joe camel and the Marlboro man
Surprised the Marlboro man has not gotten his vaccinations on national tv.
Or for todays culture some dude in a dress running track.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Anyone remember saying "if cigarettes ever go to $1 a pack I'm quitting"? lol I quit around $4
I used to buy cartons of Marlboro’s for $2.00 a carton. That was in the Navy onboard ship. If tied to the pier we payed regular price. Get the ship underway and they sold at sea ration price which in 1970’s was $2.00. Good old days.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ha ha good one 2 dollars a pack, I quit but I got cartons at the Indian reservation Tax free.
I hear they are getting a marijuana License, should be a lot of flashing lights at the res.

Or for todays culture some dude in a dress running

Or for todays culture some dude in a dress running track.
Or playing Jeopardy.

Dye

Dye

I used to buy cartons of Marlboro’s for $2.00 a carton. That was in the Navy onboard ship. If tied to the pier we payed regular price. Get the ship underway and they sold at sea ration price which in 1970’s was $2.00. Good old days.
Me too not sure the price late 1970’s amazing amounts of cigarettes aboard those ships.

Dye

Dye

Me too not sure the price late 1970’s amazing amounts of cigarettes aboard those ships.
I was actually on oil tankers in the merchant marines, we supplied fuel to you guys in the Indian ocean late 1970’s early 1980’s.
There cargo officer I guess came across in a chair on a rope ha ha ha those ships looked big at sea. I was smoking herb in the merchant marines it was a union job.
When the Irish owned the docks.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I was actually on oil tankers in the merchant marines, we supplied fuel to you guys in the Indian ocean late 1970’s early 1980’s.
There cargo officer I guess came across in a chair on a rope ha ha ha those ships looked big at sea. I was smoking herb in the merchant marines it was a union job.
When the Irish owned the docks.
I spent a lot of time in the IO. You probably fueled my ship. I was on the white plains at the time. It was also an unrep ship. Fueling along side and cargo transfers while underway is some neat shit. Dangerous fucking job though.

Top Bottom