My plant is bending over

• Thread starter joana1998
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

I would not risk transplanting them, use a bent paper clip or wire to support them. When they are better rooted you can transplant them deeper, up to the first set of leaves.

joana1998

joana1998

hi guys, update on my babys. thank you all for your advices, I ended up not opting for the transplant but rather pushing the light away a little. Is there a right time to transplant them?
IMG 0782

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It’s probably about time to divulge your plan so these indoor guys can help you. What size pot do you plan to finish in? What kind of light are you growing under? In a tent? What soil medium? Time to get into a little more detail.

joana1998

joana1998

It’s probably about time to divulge your plan so these indoor guys can help you. What size pot do you plan to finish in? What kind of light are you growing under? In a tent? What soil medium? Time to get into a little more detail.
as it's my first time i don't know much about it, i got spiderfarmer sf1000, a tent and a litle fan

Reactions: PK1
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sounds like a solid start. I only grow outdoors. But there are plenty of people here that you can latch onto they can recommend a growing medium, pot size, checking your water, newts, etc. keep posting. You’re just getting started but looks like you are on the right track. Maybe you said, but do you Know anything about the seeds? Are they feminized?

joana1998

joana1998

Sounds like a solid start. I only grow outdoors. But there are plenty of people here that you can latch onto they can recommend a growing medium, pot size, checking your water, newts, etc. keep posting. You’re just getting started but looks like you are on the right track. Maybe you said, but do you Know anything about the seeds? Are they feminized?
yes! feminized seeds, i got 5, 7 and 10 galon pots. seeds cookie gelato and ice from rqs

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Good! Then you’re on your way! Nurse them along and get them up Potted Into a grow medium that is easy on beginners. This is where some indoor growers can jump in and take over and hold your hand While You learn. You learn. And I can think of a lot worse people to listen to Than Heywood. But there are a lot of people capable of coaching you. And spend a lot of time reading.

joana1998

joana1998

Good! Then you’re on your way! Nurse them along and get them up Potted Into a grow medium that is easy on beginners. This is where some indoor growers can jump in and take over and hold your hand While You learn. You learn. And I can think of a lot worse people to listen to Than Heywood. But there are a lot of people capable of coaching you. And spend a lot of time reading.

thanks for your help, i'm very grateful

joana1998

joana1998

Well, as already previously pointed out, you are in a pot that is like 3 inches deep.
Go to something more suitable. It is time to up-pot.
hi heywood sorry for bothering you, can you guide me on the size of the pot? as i said i got 5, 7 and 10 galon cloth pots

Heywood

Heywood

hi heywood sorry for bothering you, can you guide me on the size of the pot? as i said i got 5, 7 and 10 galon cloth pots
You are not a bother, we are all happy to help new growers here...

With that said, I can't say I like any of those current choices, as ideally you should still use an intermediate pot such as a 1 gallon.
But if those choices are all you've got to go with, then go with the 5 gal.

The reasoning behind this up-potting madness is that most new growers have a difficult time with using proper watering practices.
And it does take practice to get it right.

Using a 1 gallon pot would be easier for you to manage at this stage... but again, if all you have is a 5 gal for the smallest, then go with that.

I am personally growing inside, and a 5 gal pot is the largest I am using this run. There is no need for a 7 gal or 10 gal indoors.
At least that is my opinion.

joana1998

joana1998

You are not a bother, we are all happy to help new growers here...

With that said, I can't say I like any of those current choices, as ideally you should still use an intermediate pot such as a 1 gallon.
But if those choices are all you've got to go with, then go with the 5 gal.

The reasoning behind this up-potting madness is that most new growers have a difficult time with using proper watering practices.
And it does take practice to get it right.

Using a 1 gallon pot would be easier for you to manage at this stage... but again, if all you have is a 5 gal for the smallest, then go with that.

I am personally growing inside, and a 5 gal pot is the largest I am using this run. There is no need for a 7 gal or 10 gal indoors.
At least that is my opinion.
I managed to find 1 gallon pots, and they looked like this after the transplant, thank you all

IMG 0783
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

im afraid to overwater it, what amount of watering would be ideal?
Overwatering is watering to often not to much. Enough to saturate the media and then give it a good dry cycle. Lift the pots when they are noticeably lighter then water again. If you need to think about it they ate not ready to be watered yet.

Heywood

Heywood

Did you punch any holes in those containers for drainage? You'll want some on the very bottom as well as a few around the sides near the bottom.

I'm sure you felt how light they were to pick up right after you transplanted, right? Almost like there is no weight there.
Remember that feeling. Then after you have punched some holes for drainage, fully water the soil.

How do you know when it will need watered again? Pick it up. It should almost feel weightless like it did when you picked it up right after transplanting.
This is called dryback. Could be 5 days. Could be 7 days. Could be 10. Let your roots grow and search for the water.

Next time you are looking at them thinking that you should water them... are they asking for water because their leaves are starting to droop a bit?
If so, then give it to them... but again, water fully and then let it dryback before watering again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom