My plants r about 3 1/2 weeks old and i have some yellowin

• Thread starter Nkc1451
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Let me try it . In your opinion, how much time can we have from germination to harvest? Compared with the traditional coco growing method we have known before
Depends how big ya grow em But 3-4 week veg then flower is typical

Nkc1451

Nkc1451

Thanks guys for the advice gave them a good wateringand they look alot better. Ill post pics shortly

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Its covered in the guide here.

To maintain the balance, nutrients must be added to all irrigation water at the correct ratios and doses. The feed chart determines the ratio of each nutrient, and EC determines the total dose. As the plant absorbs water and nutrients the EC and the NER both will change. Practicing high frequency fertigation allows us to keep it from drifting too far from the ideal.

Many of our fertigation practices are about maintaining this balance with the correct EC and NER in the root zone. Each of the following four principles of fertigation focus on a specific practice to maintain the EC/NER balance and create the ideal growing conditions for your plant.

Principle #2: Always Add Fertilizers to the Water
Many guides recommend alternating nutrient solution with “plain”, “pHed”, or “CalMag” water. Although this may help prevent over-ambitious growers from burning their plants, it is not the correct practice to follow in a carefully managed grow. For a variety of reasons, it is much better to fertigate with the appropriate ratio and strength of nutrition at every irrigation event.
“ Principle #2: Always Add Fertilizers to the Water
Many guides recommend alternating nutrient solution with “plain”, “pHed”, or “CalMag” water. Although this may help prevent over-ambitious growers from burning their plants, it is not the correct practice to follow in a carefully managed grow. For a variety of reasons, it is much better to fertigate with the appropriate ratio and strength of nutrition at every irrigation event. ”

I just made a post, but the Kyle Kushman video also mentioned this point, that is to say, every time I apply fertilizer, the key is that I apply fertilizer in full dose this time, and I only use half of the next time ,the key is that the first time I apply fertilizer, it is to let plants absorb nutrition, the second time I apply fertilizer, (half of dose), it is to let plants drink water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

“ Principle #2: Always Add Fertilizers to the Water
Many guides recommend alternating nutrient solution with “plain”, “pHed”, or “CalMag” water. Although this may help prevent over-ambitious growers from burning their plants, it is not the correct practice to follow in a carefully managed grow. For a variety of reasons, it is much better to fertigate with the appropriate ratio and strength of nutrition at every irrigation event. ”

I just made a post, but the Kyle Kushman video also mentioned this point, that is to say, every time I apply fertilizer, the key is that I apply fertilizer in full dose this time, and I only use half of the next time ,the key is that the first time I apply fertilizer, it is to let plants absorb nutrition, the second time I apply fertilizer, (half of dose), it is to let plants drink water.
Only plants don't do one or the other. They do both at the same time. So a proper ppm is important because otherwise the plant is either getting to much or to little. They take up nutrients with the water so I really disagree with that. In fact it makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not saying it can't work but it's wrong. Now if he is top dressing this makes things different

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Only plants don't do one or the other. They do both at the same time. So a proper ppm is important because otherwise the plant is either getting to much or to little. They take up nutrients with the water so I really disagree with that. In fact it makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not saying it can't work but it's wrong. Now if he is too dressing this makes things different
COOL. I will follow ur idea.
Aqua kushman, LOL

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

COOL. I will follow ur idea.
Aqua kushman, LOL
Only plants don't do one or the other. They do both at the same time. So a proper ppm is important because otherwise the plant is either getting to much or to little. They take up nutrients with the water so I really disagree with that. In fact it makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not saying it can't work but it's wrong. Now if he is top dressing this makes things different
what do u think of these give by him ?

(1) the temperature at night should be 10 degrees cooler than u daytime temperature that is optimal that will give best tasting flowers also what happens is yout root structure heats up so if it is constantly 85 degrees in Veg, the root sturcture heats up, the soil heats up to the same temperature as the air and roots dont like that , so it is really good to give it a little break at night to let the temperature come down, the plants will grow much faster and they will respond and your root structure will grow faster as well.

(2) 20 hours on and 4 hours off until the plant gets to the size at which you want to flower it and then you turn the lights back to 12 and 12,and they flower very very quickly so there is much stretching and you get much less intermodal spacing so you get bigger flowers that is how he grow big fat colas like that .

(3) if you like 24 hours for photo period , he suggest that only good for the first couple of weeks .

(4) draw your water ahead of time and water with room-temperature water it is very beneficial and that all leads to very good growth \

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

what do u think of these give by him ?

(1) the temperature at night should be 10 degrees cooler than u daytime temperature that is optimal that will give best tasting flowers also what happens is yout root structure heats up so if it is constantly 85 degrees in Veg, the root sturcture heats up, the soil heats up to the same temperature as the air and roots dont like that , so it is really good to give it a little break at night to let the temperature come down, the plants will grow much faster and they will respond and your root structure will grow faster as well.

(2) 20 hours on and 4 hours off until the plant gets to the size at which you want to flower it and then you turn the lights back to 12 and 12,and they flower very very quickly so there is much stretching and you get much less intermodal spacing so you get bigger flowers that is how he grow big fat colas like that .

(3) if you like 24 hours for photo period , he suggest that only good for the first couple of weeks .

(4) draw your water ahead of time and water with room-temperature water it is very beneficial and that all leads to very good growth \
I'll watch the vid. But I already disagree with most of it. But I'm not selling tickets to a how to cannabis conference so take my opinion as you will.

Nacugorn

Nacugorn

Hey guys new to the site and to growing. My plants r about 3 1/2 weeks old and i have some yellowing and dying off leaves. Any suggestions to what might cause this? Thanks in advance
Pour ph corrected water slowly in. Depends on size of container and mix material. Best way is to ensure you have holes in bottom and pour until you see water coming out bottom. Now set a separate light (I use a 80w cfl flood bulb) aiming at the soil and root area. In 2 days put your finger in. If you go further than 2nd knuckle before it becomes moist start pouring in 1/2 to 3/4 of what you poured in to get it to come out bottom. If it is moist then just check the next day. The yellowing is nothing to worry about right now.
I use 50-60 perlite in basic soils and introduce nutrients on when I am switching to flower.
Best advice is to not worry beyond ph of the water. All the nutrients come into play for the people growing in water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok sorry I can't watch this guy. To me it's branding, political and profit motivated. With no scientific reasoning and a hippie like tone that uses comparisons of unrelated topics to try and solidify his information as fact

Yeah I don't really agree with what you listed that he said... Again I'm not the one selling out cannabis growing conferences though

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Ok sorry I can't watch this guy. To me it's branding, political and profit motivated. With no scientific reasoning and a hippie like tone that uses comparisons of unrelated topics to try and solidify his information as fact

Yeah I don't really agree with what you listed that he said... Again I'm not the one selling out cannabis growing conferences though
The documentary I watched at that time, I think it's necessary to have a large temperature difference between day and night, because the original genes and seeds of India were found on a mountain in Pakistan in the 1960s, where the temperature difference between day and night is large and the humidity changes greatly,

What's more, when I turned on the light in the daytime last night, the temperature showed 26-27 ℃. When I turned off the light, I lowered the temperature to about 19-20 ℃. Then I found out carefully that even when there are only Three pairs of needles in the plant, its state is the same as that of mature plants.
I've found that plants have changed a lot,I'm going to try and see what the result is, just in case it's a good theory and I miss it.

Why do I have to choose 20 hours on and 4 hours off? Because before, I was 18 hours on and 6 hours off,
From the 4th week to the 5th week in my last run , the plant was already showing signs of flowering. My personal feeling was that when I turned off the light, I did not give it enough darkness, because considering that I needed to monitor the temperature and humidity at night, I needed to open the tent. If I turn it on for 20 hours and dark for 4 hours, I can give the plant a clear message that it is now in the vegetative stage, not the flowering stage,

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

BTW.
Most of today’s strains are so hybridized that they sometimes begin flowering under an 18/6 photoperiod. They require less darkness to begin to flower. So, I adopt 20/4 vegging schedule after two to three weeks of continuous light. Maybe this to be the best combination between nature and production.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The documentary I watched at that time, I think it's necessary to have a large temperature difference between day and night, because the original genes and seeds of India were found on a mountain in Pakistan in the 1960s, where the temperature difference between day and night is large and the humidity changes greatly,

What's more, when I turned on the light in the daytime last night, the temperature showed 26-27 ℃. When I turned off the light, I lowered the temperature to about 19-20 ℃. Then I found out carefully that even when there are only Three pairs of needles in the plant, its state is the same as that of mature plants.
I've found that plants have changed a lot,I'm going to try and see what the result is, just in case it's a good theory and I miss it.

Why do I have to choose 20 hours on and 4 hours off? Because before, I was 18 hours on and 6 hours off,
From the 4th week to the 5th week in my last run , the plant was already showing signs of flowering. My personal feeling was that when I turned off the light, I did not give it enough darkness, because considering that I needed to monitor the temperature and humidity at night, I needed to open the tent. If I turn it on for 20 hours and dark for 4 hours, I can give the plant a clear message that it is now in the vegetative stage, not the flowering stage,
Like I say I didn't watch the whole thing. But in terms of day night temps. It has an affect on plant growth the warmer the temps the more day and night processes are in full swing. Does soil temps change from day to night? Not much. Infact soil temps have impact on plant temps, respiration and transpiration etc. It's a very complicated web. A lot depends on the amount of light provided during the day, plants respire day and night and with warmer temps they respire more just like you see more rapid photosynthetic rates in the day time you will see more respiration at night. There are points where it becomes stressful to the plant and that's where genetics will play a large role and is not a benefit so there is no one answer and lots of variables that can affect if it has a positive or negative effect. So his blanket statement is IMO not wrong but not right either.

In terms of his claim about 20/4 gives faster bud onset. He is claiming because the difference change in lighting is wider from 20/4 to 12/12 than 18/6 to 12/12 it's will create a faster bud onset. But what he is failing to take into account is the DLI. Spectrum and nutrients also play a part Light intensity will play a part in this. Personally I feel from what my understanding is that this is inaccurate.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I made it through a bit more of the vid. I mean there is some good info but man the first 10 min had me wanting to jump through the screen and strangle him. Marketing BS just twisting info to sell those products. Using facts in much of the video and sliding in BS here and there for profits This is just my opinion

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Like I say I didn't watch the whole thing. But in terms of day night temps. It has an affect on plant growth the warmer the temps the more day and night processes are in full swing. Does soil temps change from day to night? Not much. Infact soil temps have impact on plant temps, respiration and transpiration etc. It's a very complicated web. A lot depends on the amount of light provided during the day, plants respire day and night and with warmer temps they respire more just like you see more rapid photosynthetic rates in the day time you will see more respiration at night. There are points where it becomes stressful to the plant and that's where genetics will play a large role and is not a benefit so there is no one answer and lots of variables that can affect if it has a positive or negative effect. So his blanket statement is IMO not wrong but not right either.

In terms of his claim about 20/4 gives faster bud onset. He is claiming because the difference change in lighting is wider from 20/4 to 12/12 than 18/6 to 12/12 it's will create a faster bud onset. But what he is failing to take into account is the DLI. Spectrum and nutrients also play a part Light intensity will play a part in this. Personally I feel from what my understanding is that this is inaccurate.

Or his method is only suitable for sodium lamp, not for LED lamp. If it is led light , it can reach about 1000 PPFD standard in flower, but the sodium lamp can not meet this requirement?

i watched a video last night that some growers in the western United States have started (they use LED lights)

16-8 veg

10-14 flower

9-15 in last two weeks(15 hours darkness can 100percent sure to increase extra THC )

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Or his method is only suitable for sodium lamp, not for LED lamp. If it is led light , it can reach about 1000 PPFD standard in flower, but the sodium lamp can not meet this requirement?

i watched a video last night that some growers in the western United States have started (they use LED lights)

16-8 veg

10-14 flower

9-15 in last two weeks(15 hours darkness can 100percent sure to increase extra THC )

Yeah the DLI is the key.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Yeah the DLI is the key.
i try to figure out what is the DLI, still dont know how to do .
cause now, Im having a headache with the light. I can't find the standard data,
Normally, my instrument for testing light, After testing lux, I multiply the lux data by 0.019 to get the PPFD data. At present, I set the PPFD (μ mol / m2 / s) to about 400 in the plant period

Do you have a way to get DLI data,?

THS

Top Bottom