my plants seem to be producing white hairs already, is this possible living in upstate ny,what gives

• Thread starter ghost79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ghost79

ghost79

hi fellas, I have some hash plant, chemdog, and lemon skunk growing in upstate,ny. Is it possible for my plants to flower this early? Theirs pistils "white hairs" protruding from the nodes, what's going on? They have been this way for 1 week now. I'm waiting to see if their really starting to flower now,which it certainly indicates, however it's awfully early yet still in the season. I virtually harvest every year at the very end of October. Any suggestions that might help me indicate wether their indeed flowering now or not. It's been 1 week and it's not profusely oblvious,but I can't rule it out yet either. What should I do? By the way, the plants are several months old at aprox. 3.5' - 4' tall. I'll post pics soon if I get to it to help you out in determining what's going on. thanks everyone, bless you!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Its a tad early yeah, but you are pretty far north. They are probably just getting ready for what is about to happen to them. You will know when they start to flower because they will stretch like the dickens! So have they almost doubled in size over the last week? It has been a weird accelerated summer here in the Rockies the Russian sage is already done flowering... This means fall is upon us! Good luck brother happy harvesting!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm assuming you began with seed starts here. I don't know your latitude, but I'm at approximately 34* (or is it 38*? fuck! I can't remember, I have to go look it up, brb...) Yeah, no, it's 38*.

Ok, so back to the question. My girls are flowering and I always expect them to have begun setting bud by mid-August around here. Seems to me that this is within the realm of normal.

kooter840

kooter840

yup same thing is going on here at the 44th, normally they dont start doin their thing around here for another month..............certainly not normal.

Haggardass

Haggardass

35n here and theyve had hairs for about three weeks as well, really exciting coming into the home stretch.

ghost79

ghost79

Its a tad early yeah, but you are pretty far north. They are probably just getting ready for what is about to happen to them. You will know when they start to flower because they will stretch like the dickens! So have they almost doubled in size over the last week? It has been a weird accelerated summer here in the Rockies the Russian sage is already done flowering... This means fall is upon us! Good luck brother happy harvesting!
They definitely are stretching quite a bit, but they haven't doubled in size per se in the last week. thanks for the info. Peace!

ghost79

ghost79

They definitely are stretching quite a bit, but they haven't doubled in size per se in the last week. thanks for the info. Peace!
Thanks for all the info brothers and sisters, you've helped me out in determining wether this was just a fluke or for real. I'm convinced by your feedback that their pres-sexing. Normally my plants don't start pre-sexing (flowering) until 3rd week of September, and I virtually grow mostly indicas. Peace!

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Good post, makes me feel better that others are seeing the same thing :)

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
im a little below you i usually put out my bloom guanos around the 1st of august. if you think about it 60 days is aug 1- oct 1.

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

I have some ChemDogs outside that started flowering about 2 weeks ago, but then I have some others that haven't started yet. I am not sure why.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
yup same thing is going on here at the 44th, normally they dont start doin their thing around here for another month..............certainly not normal.
I'm too lazy too look up your latitude but the early outdoor from my youth was done early sept in mendo and regular outdoor was done by mid oct n late oct and the late harvest would push early to mid nov and the latest was turkey day to end of nov it seemed. If it doesn't start flowering for another month your looking at an early to mid nov finish almost depending on your varietals and the feed/pot size/date planted...etc...but I think mid aug starting flower is normal and ideal, imo

rollon

rollon

Could have something to do with record warm temps spread around north America. Metabolism of plants speed up faster transition to flower?higher co2 levels and temp speeds up process.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Never tried anything outside until this year. Retired my 2 strains I was running and stuck the ECSD outside for her last run.Man you lucky people who can plant outside :) Holly shit what real sunlight does. So I can hope for Mid October I think, she seems best indoors at 70-78 days,but again not even sure if that matters outdoors.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just read in Acres' EcoWatch that based on historical records plants are flowering earlier.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

My plants are about 5 days into flower and this is the time they have always gone into flower for me the last 6 years. I'm on the 45th. ALSO any shade in the morning or evening will start your plants into flower earlier. I usually place 1 or two on the earstern or western side of a wall just to get some going extra early. I once planted several clones in a deep ditch in may and they were 4 weeks into flower by the end of the month!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'll have to reread it, but IIRC it was an almost unequivocal 'climate change' statement.

Oldsam

Oldsam

Jmo all this has been a very speacial year in our planets history,from whit I have been seeing it is adjusting to us much faster than we think.
I also believe that this plant is so tuned to the planet that any outside plant is doing things we can't
phanthom just let it be what it is,,a weed that has characteristics we do not fully understand still.
Until we are "freely" aloud to experiment with this plant and publish are findings it will not show us all we need to know.
Sorry for the rant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom