My Power bill is what!

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

my rule number 1 is always show haow many guns you have to everyone you know then miss fire a few times in front of someone so they know your crazy as fuck lmao JK JK
Do you own any firearms?

Saving money is always good, i gear what my first indoor grow bill will be in Hawaii.

Last edited:
urban1026835

urban1026835

So I finished my room
3x6x8 fully insulated and a smaller space for young-ins
figured while at it, I would update my old ventilation too
My house is very old 1957 and when I got to looking I saw where a few dollars spent now would pay off.
Much to my surprise my payoff was more than I thought.
By finishing off the attic in foam board and rolling out some 4" before I laid down $90.00 worth of 1x4x8 flooring then adding the two new ducts with variable fans all from Home do-your-self
I was able to do much more than I thought and all it took was one day.
The big 20x30 boxed vent pulls more air than I will ever need 200 cfm to 900 or better with a regular filter and two carbon filters how can I go wrong.
The Little room has a 8" pulling 180 cfm
Now its not perfect but for the last month I have been testing out what I have and I must share.

In the 3x6x8
72-78 w/fan on Low and T5 6 bulb Plus all the other basic Veg lights Thats not bad right?
I am using a RDWC system a small rack for others and room for storage under neath where I keep my Nutes.

With the lights running 18/6, the added insulation, and vents my power bill went from 210.00 average to 147.00.

I can see a 600 MH/HPS in my future..View attachment 387760View attachment 387761View attachment 387762

My buddy who I turned onto growing was just surprised how little his bill went up with a 600 and 4in inline with whatever other minor fan stuff.

I think he was thinking it was gonna go up a hundred bucks a month or something where more in the 40-60 dollar range or at least in my area..oh guess i have another 200 watts in floros for veg moms.

Glad to hear you saved yourself some cash and quite a bit since thats per month!

The best part is the savings came from a better/more efficient setup!

VIVA LA FARM

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Everyone i know that actually own guns dont tell anyone but the range an shooting buddies. Your remarks about guns makes me question. Tis all.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Its all good,
The number of offers to help me out was off the hook. AS I Only do this for my own use.....
getting started again wont be too big a deal, just wont be doing it here.
The mnt look good this time of year.
N. Georgia Mountains ja man is the Karma that lets it all be ok.
No stress No problems
FlyJ

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I was just being an idiot/ass I have tons of guns and they all stay safely put up or in a safe. I take defensive gun fighting training classes with scott turner here in Oregon and no I don't tell ppl I have them either, everyone I know, knows I have at least one gun as I open carry every day but I really don't miss fire on ppl or have guns in the open and always remember safety first it was just me trolling but guns I feel are very important as well as proper professional training on how to handle then is highly needed for any grower as in this field you never know when you may come across someone with a gun and will need to disarm them or have need for use of your own and will need to know how to handle the situation properly as well as be very familiar with your equipment

I have had numerous hours of training on firearm's retention. the guys in prison have a 6 x 8 cell to do nothing but figure out how to make/take a weapon from YOU
Most people who open carry or own guns have very little to no training which is very obvious and scary and their for make themselves more of a danger than anything!

I just wanted to clarify I was trolling and not serious figured that would be apparent but wanted to confirm sorry everyone buy guns take classes be safe
Bless

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

I was just being an idiot/ass I have tons of guns and they all stay safely put up or in a safe. I take defensive gun fighting training classes with scott turner here in Oregon and no I don't tell ppl I have them either, everyone I know, knows I have at least one gun as I open carry every day but I really don't miss fire on ppl or have guns in the open and always remember safety first it was just me trolling but guns I feel are very important as well as proper professional training on how to handle then is highly needed for any grower as in this field you never know when you may come across someone with a gun and will need to disarm them or have need for use of your own and will need to know how to handle the situation properly as well as be very familiar with your equipment

I have had numerous hours of training on firearm's retention. the guys in prison have a 6 x 8 cell to do nothing but figure out how to make/take a weapon from YOU
Most people who open carry or own guns have very little to no training which is very obvious and scary and their for make themselves more of a danger than anything!

I just wanted to clarify I was trolling and not serious figured that would be apparent but wanted to confirm sorry everyone buy guns take classes be safe
Bless
Way to come correct kilo. That was what i hoped you would respond with. I too have lots of brass ran through my firearms but as responsible gun owners we need to show others how to be so. Stand up answer my friend.

Used to live in NV, lots of fun goin out with the locals out there. Especially when they bring the special guns. Military get all the fun toys.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Yes sorry J so my next question for you is what are you going to be doing this year if anything you mentioned the mountain I would love to see that I haven't been to an on the hill grow for years since I lived in hoopa CA

I am sure there must be a few clones floating around somewhere you could get I would but you are too far but it sounds like such a cool idea that if you don't decide to do that to post and share with us, I may take one from my room and set her up in the sticks? just for you to put here so you can watch her go what do ya think you got come pick her up when she is done if she is worth it tho im not gonna mail it lol

Last edited:
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

you guys are great I am helpin out a friend all set
just watch the threads it will be a commin...
peaceful karma
FlyJ
Persian Gulf Desert Shield and Desert Storm
I have seen too much
But yea still have my toys too.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Helped My bud do his trim last few daze man O man this is some of the best Bag weed I have ever seen or smoked.
Started helpin out 4th week into his Veg with feeding and keepin track of PH.
Not too bad
FlyJ
SouthernFire 2

Gonzo Goat

Gonzo Goat

Its all good,
The number of offers to help me out was off the hook. AS I Only do this for my own use.....
getting started again wont be too big a deal, just wont be doing it here.
The mnt look good this time of year.
N. Georgia Mountains ja man is the Karma that lets it all be ok.
No stress No problems
FlyJ
Us Hillbillies understand balance.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

My very 1st strawberry plants are still going strong yes and
I have upped the game a bit and decided to go all Hempy coco last 2 runs.
Its fun to come back and re read your old threads.
As far as my Electric bill was this year I averaged a 65.00 increase with the extra stuff at full tilt boogie.
1. 1k Horti digital 110%
2. 6 fans
3. 2 air pumps
4. 1 four foot T5 w/6 bulbs
5. 22 CFL/UVB/FR bulbs
6. The biggest change was my Heat air system that I installed, Had this not happened I would have been over 200.oo increase

Time to take it to one more place and thats A NFT system.
should be fun. and other than the good fruit, isn't it about
the fun of the grow ?
Peace FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

here are a few pics of the soon to be added NFT inspired by @Canappa and @Sativied two very knowledgeable and very helpful
Hydro dudes who grow some amazing Dank.

SAM 7572

I started with two 4 foot 3x5 down spouts from local hardware store and one 5x5 sleeve for a mail box post.
I wanted to use the bigger 4" net pots and this all seemed to be fitting together like a great lil puzzle.
Assimbly11

Now Canappa said the cool Nutes running through the gutters cuased some condensation and drippings so I insulated mine like this....
Assimbly14

My pump and res tank and drain will be under the floor below the whole thing and have a chiller
Assimbly13

The last pic shows how I was going to use the sprayers I have changed this up a bit so it is one piece line and a different tip for gently spraying the net baskets and roots.
My pump will be regulated to 7-6 PSI and the tank is 25 gal.
more when its up and running.
FlyJ
PS a very special Thanks to Canappa for all his Help

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Why Thank you M-iey
I have a Very Low ceiling where I grow grow attic attic so I have always wanted to do this
Now My plants will start 4" from the floor, giving me a few more inches of Cola space and going to still do the heavy bending and cropping keep the other half of the room my mixed breeds in Hempy coco and run full clones in the NFT . . . . .
Gunna be Fun . . . . . .
Now if I can just get it to work

Top Bottom