My purging process..

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

I blasted into a pyrex dish with a hot water bath under it. Kept putting hot water in every 5 min or so for about 15 min till the major bobbling stopped. I scooped it up and put on my slick mat and noticed it turned to shatter immediately. I DONT LIKE SHATTER!! It breaks into a thousand pieces and shoots all over the place!! What a waste of oil,, So now its on my slick pad on my skillet and its set at 200 degrees. I do notice it slightly foaming up and tiny bubbles rising up after a while.. Is this normal? Is this the butane purging? I just mix it up a bit and it turns into an oil again, but im hoping to get a nice oily consistency from this..

My purging process
My purging process 2
My purging process 3
Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

ummmm just heat up your dab tool before you try and take a piece of shatter. it'll turn to taffy and not act like you just hammered a piece of glass. haha or take your fingers and break it in half like brittle, a couple dab sized pieces should fall below as well.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I never thought of heating up my dab tool. Thanks! I still dont like the shatter and try my best not to make it but im a newbie on the oil making and im not sure how high my heat should be and for how long should i cook it to get an oil for easy dabbing

mikeb437

mikeb437

No vac. The company that sells them on ebay is near my home too. ( the orange ones) dont have the cash to spend at the moment. But in the next few months i hope to purchase one. I would love to make wax, budder or oil.. Anything but the shatter. I know the vac setup is the way to go though..

Pisces

Pisces

Wax, budder, honeycomb etc is nothing more then Under ~OR~ Over purged Shatter that has condensation, moisture, fats, waxes, and lipids still trapped in it.

oh, and fwiw…...200*f is waaaaaaaaay too hot for purging.

Try a steady & constant 115* f. instead

mikeb437

mikeb437

Wax, budder, honeycomb etc is nothing more then Under ~OR~ Over purged Shatter that has condensation, moisture, fats, waxes, and lipids still trapped in it.

oh, and fwiw…...200*f is waaaaaaaaay too hot for purging.

Try a steady & constant 115* f. instead

Pisces, Will i get an oil using temps that low? I dont want shatter!! I tried going lower temps for longer on the griddle but it didnt seem to help. And shawn, i know i have alot of crap in my oil. I could try winterizing it if you think that would help.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

why are you so adamant about not wanting shatter? winterize or dewax it then youre left with taffy

Pisces

Pisces

Pisces, Will i get an oil using temps that low? I dont want shatter!! I tried going lower temps for longer on the griddle but it didnt seem to help. And shawn, i know i have alot of crap in my oil. I could try winterizing it if you think that would help.

Yes, you will get an oil that is PROPERLY purged with temps that low.

If you don't want shatter, which is nothing more then correctly purged Wax…then all you have to do is fuck it up!

Turn up that heat….and whip the shit out of it!

Go ahead man, trap all that butane, wax, moisture and fats that you pulled from the plant matter.
Then when your nail is full of black chaR and your head and lungs hurt, you'll know why!

Peace, Picses

A16
A14

Last edited:
mikeb437

mikeb437

Yes, you will get an oil that is PROPERLY purged with temps that low.

If you don't want shatter, which is nothing more then correctly purged Wax…then all you have to do is fuck it up!

Turn up that heat….and whip the shit out of it!

Go ahead man, trap all that butane, wax, moisture and fats that you pulled from the plant matter.
Then when your nail is full of black chaR and your head and lungs hurt, you'll know why!

Peace, Picses

View attachment 405666 View attachment 405667

Im new at this this to i want to be clear. If its NOT shatter, then its fucked up oil? I make shatter all the time without even trying. Its the gooey oil i have a hard time making. And i doubt neither is very clean with my purging process. Thats why i posted. I need help from someone with experience so i apologize if my questions seem stupid to the more experienced people. You gotta start somewhere right?? Now, can i properly purge oil at low temps without a vac chamber? Im using a skillet right now. Do any of you guys have a youtube vid i can watch n learn from? I just want to make clean healthy oil. Preferably not shatter.. Tell me what i gotta do please!

Last edited:
mikeb437

mikeb437

why are you so adamant about not wanting shatter? winterize or dewax it then youre left with taffy

I dont like shatter because it breaks into a million pieces and shoots all over the place. Id rather scoop a nice gooey oil from my jar and its easier to control the size of the hit. Why does everyone love shatter so much is what i wanna know?? It explodes all over the joint and wastes precious medicine!! Lol. And winterizing it will give me a taffy consistency? That i can deal with!!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
If you have shatter thats exploding all over your joint then your shits FULL of residual solvents.. and i can already say it is cause a hot water bath will not remove everything.. Theres a reason we use vac pumps and heated chambers.

What your asking is like asking to bend the matrix without being the one.. It cant be done.. You need a Vac if you expect to smoke anything near Clean or even CLEAR...

and before you go and add MORE solvents to a batch of oil with solvents already in it.. i highly suggest you stop. And read some more.

start with skunkpharmresearch.com Litterally read everything you can. Get a better understanding of how and why.

I dont like shatter because it breaks into a million pieces and shoots all over the place. Id rather scoop a nice gooey oil from my jar and its easier to control the size of the hit. Why does everyone love shatter so much is what i wanna know?? It explodes all over the joint and wastes precious medicine!! Lol. And winterizing it will give me a taffy consistency? That i can deal with!!

mikeb437

mikeb437

If you have shatter thats exploding all over your joint then your shits FULL of residual solvents.. and i can already say it is cause a hot water bath will not remove everything.. Theres a reason we use vac pumps and heated chambers.

What your asking is like asking to bend the matrix without being the one.. It cant be done.. You need a Vac if you expect to smoke anything near Clean or even CLEAR...

and before you go and add MORE solvents to a batch of oil with solvents already in it.. i highly suggest you stop. And read some more.

start with skunkpharmresearch.com Litterally read everything you can. Get a better understanding of how and why.

Thanks for explaining. Ill get the vac, fuck it! Reading alot of forums, you get alot of different information. I only blast 14 to 28 grams at a time so i don't need a huge expensive setup but i do want clean oil and i thought hot water baths and long purges would clean out the oil sufficiently. I thought wrong!! I am not NEO! Thanks dabbie!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Thanks for explaining. Ill get the vac, fuck it! Reading alot of forums, you get alot of different information. I only blast 14 to 28 grams at a time so i don't need a huge expensive setup but i do want clean oil and i thought hot water baths and long purges would clean out the oil sufficiently. I thought wrong!! I am not NEO! Thanks dabbie!

Your welcome :D and for what its worth i spent 110$ on my chamber ( stainless steel on ebay ) and like 85$ on the vac pump and i run like 1/2 ounces for my self so yeah theres no need to spend 1000$s on this to get a clean product for your self :D But there is a need to spend a little money :D

Cheaper then a zip in most cases and you can be up and running :D

mikeb437

mikeb437

Should i go for a stainless steel or pyrex? Best value vacs is within driving distance so im going there this next week sometime. My friend said he would split the cost of the unit since im making him oil all the time. Ive tried to do more research on making oil but this shit is so hard to understand with all the scientific data and jargin..

mikeb437

mikeb437

Question,, is properly made shatter soft or is it like peanut brittle? I seen a shatter vid on youtube and it looked soft and flexible. I wouldnt mind shatter if thats it. The crap i make is a disaster!

Top Bottom