my quest for 1# per plant

• Thread starter Noworries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noworries

WP_000666.jpg

I figured instead of pestering people with PM's i'd just start a rolling thread.

a few things my last grow, #1 it was my first run with the strain and my second overall grow. My nutes werent exactly spot on, had a VERY SLIGHT over nitrogen the second week but it was not major at all.

two diff pheno's of critical mass in ebb and gro type setup in 5 gallon buckets with drippers running while lights on (pure hydroton)

the lighting was X0X0X with 600w hps. as you can see in the picture, it definitely was not enough lighting. Too much veg, not enough light, and not enough root room i assume. I veg'd those plants horizontal and flowered vertical.

I got 14 ounces off both of them (combined)

what i have in the works now is:
xox
oxo
xox

I've got everything lined up in the room, just vegging out the plants a little bit more ( they are probably 2?-3? weeks out from being ready I think.) I veg'd them the first 3 weeks horizontally and now they are vegging with a 400w MH vertical barebulb

the mix is 50/50 fine coco/perlite and my thoughts are to run it like a hempy just because it seems like it'd be extra grow power a long with running my drain to waste. (running drippers on a timer)

I intend on putting them in 17g totes. (right now vegging in 5 gallon buckets)

and end with a bud shot from the xoxox (last run)
WP_000702.jpg

xBUBBAx

xBUBBAx

I really dig using the big 18gal containers, good luck, hope you can achieve that pound per!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

just a rookie observation here but maybe a little flat white paint or some other reflective material on those walls might help too,in the pics i see alot of dark spots and darkness is a thief stealing your precious light!best of luck to you bro!

N

Noworries

Good suggestion. I had some spare reflectex I was going to staple up but flat white would do just fine. Probably slap some of that on this weekend.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
you can easily hit 1lb per in a vert with 18 gallons of root space.

change your bulbs to 1k's/ to ease the transition if you are using 1ks for flower.

N

Noworries

cleaned the room today, wired an outlet, checked out two ballasts i just got to make 5 for the layout

going to paint/reflectix the wall in the tree area over the weekend along with hempy'ing 4 totes

plants are around 24x24, am thinking 31x31 maybe...gonna gauge it as i go to see how thick they get. Dont want to get too big sense im using 600's, i got a lot of fluff on the last run.

also, after reading some other tree journals i think i'll do a bit of trimming on the interior of the plant if lights not hitting it well

N

Noworries

Is there any rule about how long to wait after transplant to put to flower? Im not sure if I should give them a week or two in the 17 gal totes or just transplant the day before

St3ve

St3ve

I always try to give them a full week of chillin' before flippin to align their chi. So if it was me, I'd transplant a week ahead.

Make sure to trim out the sucker branches to get the most out of those 600's.

Did you get that reflectix up? I would get that up asap.

What is the stretch like on that strain? With 600's I wouldn't want to go any taller than 4' from the top of the pots.

Good luck man

N

Noworries

yes, got the reflectix up- and they look like maybe another week and they will be ready to go.

one of the phenos is a serious stretcher, the other pheno doesnt stretch too bad.

I guess i'll be transplanting tonight ;)

Nutts

Nutts

Those bitches are beasts..your gonna be trimming till the cows come home..grat job man..those fuckers are huge..

N

Noworries

WP_000738.jpg

that was at the transplant, it LOOKS like a lot of hydroton is in there but it isnt, thats just what was in the bottom 1.5-2'' in the bottom of the bucket they were vegging in before the transplant.

I was shocked at how much space the roots had already taken up. They haven't been transplanted from quart containers to the buckets but for about 2 weeks maybe

C

critical

i have a feeling the critical mass will be the best... cant wait to see take care bro nice so far

N

Noworries

well, i put the plants into flower last night- the ride is taking off.

R

rhuddin

Hey Noworries... if you did a bit of training and scrogging you could really rock it... check out my thread on my 1 plant scrog and it might give you some ideas... I got 14 off it and could have easily gotten 1#+ if I had vegged a little longer... you also have way more room to work with... good luck!

G

GirlCarny

wow perfect timing. Hopefully we can compare notes, I currently got 6 in veg all around 23inches tall 23 inches wide. Going to flower next Sunday. Going to pull up a chair and follow along with you. Good Luck!
GC

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice looking grow, good luck on the 1# per plant! If money is an issue then look into white plastic at your grow store (can't find it at lowes or home depot in my area), anything is better than bare walls. You can get a good sized roll for pretty inexpensive.

-ALLegal420

N

Noworries

the sizes on day one of flowering were:

32x23
27x26
30x28
31x27

when vegging i marked the containers on 3 sides and only vegged the marked sides hoping for good form for the layout

i also took the branches on the back side of the plans and zip tied them down and over as close to the bulb as i could without blocking other branches

Top Bottom