• Tagged users None
N

Noworries

S_D096.jpg

filling out

G

Grønn

Hi Noworries,

Looking good there. Those beasts are gonna produce some massive colas I'm sure.

You know me from the other forum (btw thanks for sending me the link) so you know I like to make suggestions :D

You absolutely 100% should enclose your entire grow in reflectix or at least panda. You're loosing a lot of your light from not having reflective walls. The trick to vertical growing is using the whole room as a reflector.

Make a framework from 2x2 and staple panda or reflectix to it. Use a tarp zipper for entry. It's easy to do if you know some framing, and it will make a big difference to your yield.

N

Noworries

buds are starting to form now, nutrients are 3.75 ml micro per gallon, 15 ml bloom per gallon-

going to pick up a roll of white plastic when i go to the grow shop in the next couple weeks

M

mrdizzle

its hard to tell exactly how far from they lights they are,

it looks like they all could be brought closer to the middle bulb and then move the outside bulbs in closer as well.I would get some floor fans blowing under each bulb, and bring all the plants in tight as tight as you can , then space them out as they grow

thats going to give you strong branches, tight noding, and more budsites

N

Noworries

the farthest plant from the middle bulb was 18 inches. the rest were 12, good call. I am going to realign everything tomorrow evening. The other bulbs are all aprox 10-12 inches from the plants. unfortunately much closer than that and the radiant heat is pretty strong. Gonna grab 3 more fans, been slacking sense adding the extra ballasts.

xBUBBAx

xBUBBAx

i agree with the plants being closer to the lights as well as the white plastic will work wonders.

I also think it looks like your bulbs are slightly too low....it seems like the bottom portion of the plant is being lit better than the top is...unless this is what you are going for? I think you might find it benefitial to raise them a few inches... or atleast the light in the middle.

It may also be a good idea to stagger the heights of the bulbs a few inches as well. So that every other bulb is at the same height ie -_-_-_ and so on and so forth

N

Noworries

I'll raise them up a bit, I was just going by eyeballing other tree grows, It always seemed like the bulbs were around 5-6 inches from the top of the plant (doesnt look like my bulbs are 5 inches from the tops in the pics but they are)

N

Noworries

okay, I tightened all the bulbs up last night, and moved everything a little closer to the center bulb. I got lucky and lowes had about 10 box fans left, picked up enough to go under my bulbs.

Also went to the grow shop and got a roll of panda plastic and a big ass CAN filter with an 8'' 700 CFM fan so i can start scrubbing when it gets really stinky. I know towards the end of my first two trees it was intense around the door out of the grow room even with filtered exhaust, hoping to eliminate that.

I wear blue blockers in my grow room but man working amongst 5 of those I think I need welding glasses or something. something like these

xBUBBAx

xBUBBAx

right on brother man, yeah those lights hanging vertically like that are hard on your eyes for sure.

N

Noworries

WP_000805.jpg

getting all the reflectix and panda up is still in progress, but you can see buds starting to form.

temps in the 73-77 range, RH 33%

not the greatest pic, i'll try and get a close up later

N

Noworries

I backed the micro from 3.75 to 3.5 per gallon, seemed like they had a bit too much nitrogen, some of the leaves had a slight canoeing coming on.

Bloom @ 15.5ml per gallon only other additive is "potsil" a potassium silicate. I'm almost out of the potsil and will be probably using protekt from here on out.

I am still trying to figure out the perfect nutrient mix. I really dont know where to peak my bloom per gallon. So far 16ml per gallon is the highest i've been.

according to GH's calculator I'm only at 447 PPM (3ml micro 15ml bloom) which seems low. My meter is just a PPM meter and it reads in the 500's, I want to say the highest its ever read during bloom for me is a low 600 PPM which seems very low from what i've read on most grow journals. I just dont want to end up locking anything out.

any input from anyone using the "lucas" 2 part would be greatly appreciated. my formula is obviously much different from the standard 8-16. 8ml of micro would eagle claw the piss out of my plants while in flower.

I know I still have tons to improve on-I believe nutrient mix is a big one.

N

Noworries

WP_000830.jpg

Everything seems to be moving very well. Progress appears to be a lot faster this go around than with the ebb n grow system. I dont know if its because of the drain to waste, way more root room, or an extra 600w per plant.

There has been a noticeable difference every time i've walked into the room the next day, that wasnt so much the case previously

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I wear blue blockers in my grow room but man working amongst 5 of those I think I need welding glasses or something. something like these

I'd go with shade 5 at least. Mine are 7 and kind of dark, good if there's a bulb in your face. Nice journal.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

hey no worries, looks like things are chugging along. GL on the ever elusive quest for a lb a plant my friend, I've been aiming for the equally elusive ~1gpw, I know it's doable just need everything to be perfect. Seems like that critical mass should be a big yielder from what I've seen/heard.

deacon1503

deacon1503

temps in the 73-77 range, RH 33%

u gotta get that RH up it helps tons with yield especially considering your goal. get 1k's in there if u can, they'll give more penetration than the 600s. keep up on the training too..supercropping, etc.

nice grow.

N

Noworries

I got the #5 shade and ya, any darker would be too much for my room I think.

The plants are doing well, my humidity has been in the 20's lately. (I set my dehu to run non stop) I guess I went over board when I had bud rot. (I wasn't running a dehu and it was around 60%) (edit: I had bud rot on my very first grow, none sense. Thought I'd clarify, that read like I had rot now)

After the post recommending me getting rh up I def need to get above 30 permanently. Going to try and dial that in tonight. May be a waste of time tho, sense I read the propane burner is going raise it. We'll see how that plays out.

Im preparing for summer early, getting my ballasts out of the room this week I hope, and going to figure out if a window unit will be useable. From reading I see some exchange air, some don't.

On an unrelated note, I've been vegging some ak47 and had 9/11 females. This would be good most times but I expected 5 @ most. Bad planning on my part. I had 2/11 fem from the critical mass, assumed 50% fem rate at best lol.

Anyhow, I've got several phenos, but I have 3 with the tightest nodes I've ever seen. Almost.....too tight, not sure if this would be good with trees or not.

Top Bottom