my setup, A few questions...

• Thread starter cjk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cjk

i'm a newb here on the farm coming from another site that remains to be unnamed just in case of bad blood. anyways, what's up?? love the site. many knowledgable people here.

right now here is my flower chamber. try not to laugh at my paint skills. it is a closet that is in a room that has its own central air. the closet contains intakes and exhausts as shown below. the intake is coming from a register vent installed in a bathroom in the room and the exhaust just exhausts into the room through another register vent. it has worked great so far. temps hover around 7 - 10 degrees above room temp ...
room.png

i am now trying to convert an area under my stairs in my garage into a veg room. the area of the room not including directly under the stairs is 6' x 3.5'. i'm thinking i can tap into the same rooms a/c from the bottom of the stairs or just buy a portable a/c to cool the room. i also want to decide between a 4' 8 bulb t5 or a 400 MH with a large hood for the lighting. i already have a 2' 8 bulb t5 for under the stairs for cloning. my questions are ...

1. is the portable a/c for the veg room the way to go? or should i intake from the bottom of the stairs and exhaust back into the same room through the return air in the main room?

2. what lighting should i go with? i'm thinking t5 because of less radiant heat but the MH may give a better footprint. what is the optimal wattage per sq foot for a veg room?

any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom