My setup so far..

• Thread starter ETC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ETC

Hey all, so here are some pics of what I have done so far. I'm doing this by myself with no prior hydro experience. To be fair, I used to sell HVAC equipment so I pretty familiar with that part of the process. I have a pretty large outdoor organic vegie garden, but this will my first time with med growing and inside growing.

MY TENT SETUP WITH NOTHING IN IT
4x4_Tent_600x800_.jpg

LIGHTS / FAN / FILTER
Light_Fan_800x600_.jpg

EXHAUST FROM TENT
Exhaust_1_800x600_.jpg

EXHAUST TO OUTSIDE (right next to my Lemon tree : ) )
Exhaust_3_800x600_.jpg

ELECTRICAL
Electrical_Panel_800x600_.jpg

E

ETC

So that is how I have it set up right now. After a lot of reading and forum discussion, I've decided that my best bet is go with a chiller setup. Thanks a bunch to RMCG and jakesterjammin for the great advise!

Right now I'm waiting on some $ to clear and I should be able to order the supplies next week. I hate just waiting... :mad0233:

ETC

R

ryguy

help

i have a grow tent about the same size im a first time grower can u give me the details in your set up

E

ETC

i have a grow tent about the same size im a first time grower can u give me the details in your set up

Here is my equipment:
Tent - Growlab GL120
Light Hood - CAP 6"
Fan - 400 cfm
Filter - 400 cfm
Ballast - Galaxy 600w

I don't have the details on the chiller yet. I'll post the details when I get the equipment.

ETC

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

AC unit.... though summer is almost over... you want to be sure no heat stress happens. Just a thought.

E

ETC

I put up some more insulation in garage this weekend. It seems to be keeping the ambient temp down so far. My next step is to move more of my clutter around. I need to make space for my chiller reservoir. After that, I can hook up my new toys and cross my fingers it all works! lol

Thanks,
ETC

E

ETC

Update on the setup (no growing yet).

I got the new equipment and set up the chiller/icebox. But now my chiller is NOT CHILLING! :mad0233:

I posted a video of my setup on YouTube. I figured that would be better than me trying to explain everything. Any suggestions/recommendations would be highly appreciated. The video is here: http://youtu.be/p6h3P_y378c

Thanks again for the help,
ETC

j wizzle

j wizzle

dont post on youtube...they track your ip address...big no no posting vids to you tube. pics work just fine

E

ETC

dont post on youtube...they track your ip address...big no no posting vids to you tube. pics work just fine

Ouch! Thanks wizzle. Where is a good place to have videos? I've been video documenting my setup.

Thanks,
ETC

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

well i dont know if you'd want to do this, but you could try making two loops. One with a smaller pump just for the chiller, so its getting the proper flow. And a larger one for the ice box to deal with the length and height of the lines.
*Or just try testing the chiller with no ice box setup, if you still have the smaller pump. That would narrow down the problem.

T

tripplep

i cant help with the pump as i have never used one and im a novice grower myself

but what i can tell you is you have an awesome set up there nothing like the rough looking set-ups i use lol

i will be watching

PPP

S

smalltime99

What was the size of the pump before the new sump pump? Is there a reason the guy just didn't have you buy a more powerful pump like a 550gph? Or did you go from a 550gph to over 1000gph?

j wizzle

j wizzle

Ouch! Thanks wizzle. Where is a good place to have videos? I've been video documenting my setup.

Thanks,
ETC

not sure...i only post up pics. i would suggest to just take pics. no need for video really

E

ETC

What was the size of the pump before the new sump pump? Is there a reason the guy just didn't have you buy a more powerful pump like a 550gph? Or did you go from a 550gph to over 1000gph?

We went with the little Giant cuz the next size pump up didn't have the rating for the rise/run that I have. I have a total rise of 9' plus another 8' or so of horizontal run. The next pump size up wouldn't provide the gph with the rise. I figured I would have to bleed the excess off gph, but I just wasn't sure of the best way.

I think I have a better handle on it now. The good guys over at Hydro Innovations where kind enough to answer my emails and have been giving me great advise. They also sent me a great pic of a manifold (below) to help me along. I'll put mine together and post a pic.

pump_manifold.jpg

Thanks,
ETC

E

ETC

Another update

Hello again all,

Sorry it took so long to update. Had another round of depression; it's hard to get things done in when I'm in that state.

Looking for more advice please. I'm pretty sure I'm close to getting this thing dialed in. I used the manifold to split the flow from the pump to the chiller and the icebox. I can get the 1/4hp (upgraded from the 1/10hp) chiller flowing nice, but the icebox has such a large run (8' vertical outside tent, 3-4' inside tent) it's barely making the 300gph recommended, and that's after dialing down the chiller to the minimum. I think I need another pump just for the ice box. After I get the resevoir down to 60

Questions:
  1. What is recommended chiller size for an icebox with a 600w lamp
  2. Is a 45gal resevoir big enough for my setup?
  3. Does the icebox work better with a faster flow than 300gph?

My updated pics:
TENT SETUP​
DSC006951.JPG

CHILLER WITH HEAT EXTRACTION BOX​
DSC006961.JPG

RESEVOIR​
DSC006971.JPG

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hello again all,

Sorry it took so long to update. Had another round of depression; it's hard to get things done in when I'm in that state.

Looking for more advice please. I'm pretty sure I'm close to getting this thing dialed in. I used the manifold to split the flow from the pump to the chiller and the icebox. I can get the 1/4hp (upgraded from the 1/10hp) chiller flowing nice, but the icebox has such a large run (8' vertical outside tent, 3-4' inside tent) it's barely making the 300gph recommended, and that's after dialing down the chiller to the minimum. I think I need another pump just for the ice box. After I get the resevoir down to 60

Questions:
  1. What is recommended chiller size for an icebox with a 600w lamp
  2. Is a 45gal resevoir big enough for my setup?
  3. Does the icebox work better with a faster flow than 300gph?

My updated pics:
TENT SETUP​
DSC006951.JPG

CHILLER WITH HEAT EXTRACTION BOX​
DSC006961.JPG

RESEVOIR​
DSC006971.JPG

The light alone will produce about 2040 btus/hr by itself plus any heat the tent is picking up from the area around it. A 1/4 hp chiller is only about 3000 btus/hr. Also to cool down 45 gallons of water from 72F to 60F in an hour will require about 4500 btus/hr. So chiller maybe undersized. Of course once you got rez down it will take less per hr. As far as size of icebox and flow rates check with the manufacturer. Are you having heat problems?

M

Max-Juice

nice clean setup looks like you could hit some yields 1lb+ for sure.

What type of system are you running ebb and flow, drip, dwc?

What nutrients?

Good luck!

E

ETC

Are you having heat problems?
Thanks CannabisJohn, that was some great info. I was afraid I might be undersized on the chiller. The problem I'm having is that the resevoir temp keeps rising when the light is on. On a 12hr cycle the water can get up to the 80's, which puts my tent into the 90's. I'm making pvc manifiolds right now to try and improve the flow effeciency into the ice-box. Right now I'm barely getting the 300gph minimum.

Max-Juice: Thanks man, getting this thing up and has been a trial so far. If I can keep my temps stable I might finally be able to put some plants in it! lol

Thanks,
ETC

Top Bottom