my take on a verticle setup!!!

• Thread starter half baked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
half baked

half baked

easi now farmers, i'm a grower who's brain never stops, always lookin at ways to maximise yield from small closets/rooms etc without losing potency
this design im thinking about atm has so much potential but lots of factors go into the design, strain being the most important!
the area in question is 1.2x1.2x2.5m.
it would have to be built from wood as the plants would be on shelves on all 3 walls plus 5 plants actually on the door on shelves too
the plan is to have 2 verticle bulbs 1 on top of the other in a cooltube with 36 plants around them, all walls, shelves and pots would be wrapped in diamond mylar for maximum reflection too.
the reason i say strain is an important factor is because of the 30inches in height im leaving for each plant, thats including the 8inch high pot too
i top all my plant to leave 4 tops, and am just lookin to do exactly that but with no or little veg time once they go into 6.5 ltr pots, obviously id veg them for a week or 2 in 4inch pots to start my training for my 4 top method

half baked

half baked

they wont be right next to each other but will have quite alot of space considering the room lol, imagine 5 pots in a row, all my plan is to raise pot 2 and 4 up by about 8-10 inches then just repeat the process so u would have pot 1,3,5 on the floor with 2and 4raised 8-10 inch off the floor inbetween 1,3,5 then just repeat this so the wall would be 1,3,5 3 times high an 2and 4 twice high if that makes sense, makin 36 plants in total, hb

half baked

half baked

all that im thinking with the design is i wouldnt need to chop the popcorn buds off because of where the light is( next to plant not above it) only downfall is i would have to turn them a quater turn daily but dont mind that 1 bit, i will prob run the white bubba once the system once up and running because of the little stretch she has in flower, will get pics of design drawings asap cheers, hb

half baked

half baked

easi now farmers, well i finally got my stoned arse into gear to finish my design, the reason i wanted to show this to you is for any input, good or bad so i can maximise yeild without losin any potency

here is the design
Design pic

the drawing on the left is a view of looking straight at 1 of the walls in the room with plants on the wall

the middle drawing is to show where i'd put my lights, intake, outtakes and cooltube`and the the 1 on the right is jus 1 of the 2 together

theres a few things im going to have to do for this to work properly, number 1 is move the plants as often as i can, i understand the corner plants will be a little further away from the bulb than the 1s in the middle so jus swap them every couple of days, number 2 is id have to have round pots to allow as much light around them as possible, and ive realised ive got my calculations wrong, im gonna get 39 plants in there not 36 lol, i'm lookin forward to see what the you's at the farm think, good or bad peeps want to make this design work the way i think it shud peace hb

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I think it would work well if you use the proper size light. And of course controll enviro. I used to play around with growing techniques, looks like fun. Unfortunatlely my hobbie is now my job so I keep it simple and dont f around.

B

Bobby Smith

Dude, there's countless grows like this online - do some searching, they're not hard to find (shit, my avatar is one :) )

Secondly, rotating your plants with vertical lights is a futile effort which takes away from your yield and slows down your crop time............just trim the larfy buds on the back of the plant off, and let one side get all the light.

Good luck, holler if you've got any questions.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Bobbysmith your the one I thought of when I read the op. Its kind of a super simplified version of yours. But similar principles I think.

half baked

half baked

easi now, yh im tryin to see ur avatar, sort of make it out, the reason im doin it is because i might be movin to a smaller place but dont really want to downsize ya gets me, its grown organic too lads, only way i roll lol, but yh bobby smith thats the exact reason i put the thread up for peeps jus like ur self to offer their opinion(some1 who knows what their doin):) what medium did u use in them racks bobby smith, ive jus tried to utilise the space without ramming it, gonna need to get in there to water for example but now uve said it could ruin my yeild mmmmmmmmm, makes me wonder, cheers for the input lads. hb

B

Bobby Smith

No medium, HP aero delivery system.........and didn't mean to come across as harsh, was just saying that there's lots of these systems out there and there's lots of information that would probably save you some headaches in building/designing it.

half baked

half baked

haha m8 didnt think u were harsh man jus ur opinion and id rather it come like that than some1 beating round the bush ya gets me lol, ive jus had a nosy at ur thread at icmag, great lookin system, i know this is gonna be hassle to sort it out but i'll make the thing work, cheers m8. hb

Top Bottom