my wacky ice water extraction contraption concept

• Thread starter r3deyejedi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

What up Farmers! Been doing some jedi meditation shit and came up with a mad scientist type of water hash idea. suggestions and critique are greatly appreciated!

this is an adaptation of the modern multi-bag method, but without the bags. instead of bags, modular (stackable and detatchable), threaded, screened cuffs similar to sieves are used. these stackable cuff screens form the bucket itself, whereas the bags sit within eachother inside the bucket.

main unit (body): cylindrical drum, made from a food-grade, heavy duty plastic or polymer. modular cuff design, base has threaded lip for bottom cuff attatchment. there is also a top extension cuff with no screen to provide plenty of room for the herbs and ice to float high above the first screen. each modular cuff has a particular micron size screen just as the bags do.

more on the material: a good heavy duty plastic insulant, like the inside of a cooler, to keep the process nice and cold

more on the cuffs: each cuff has a screen sitting in the middle of it, not strung too tight, with just enough slack so that the weight of the wet trichomes, plus the downward flow of the water, creates a concave type of shape for the screen to collect.

agitation tools: something like an egg beater or kitchen-aid arm that both moves in a circular motion and rotates at the same time. the actual head of the mixing apparatus would be without any sharp edges to ensure minimal plant shredding. some sort of high-intensity, high-frequency vibration component would be integrated into the mixing device for greater agitation. also, one might even want to pound on the rim of the drum with a wooden spoon for even further agitation. i think strong vibration that practically "scares" the brittle trichomes off the herbs would be a great way to prevent excess plant matter shred.

the process: assemble drum unit with desired combination of cuff screens. components fasten by threads which are reinforced with o-rings for a good seal. fill the drum 6" from the top with good cold clear water, then add appropriate amounts of ice and herb. start syphon hose pump thing

a word on the herb: fresh or fresh frozen. you want the trich's to be brittle, while the plant matter remain pliable. this way during mixing, the surface of the mixer head brushes across the surface of the plant without shredding.

the syphon: the base has a hole in the side right near the bottom where a hose is attatched and then run back up to the top to fill the drum continuously. this keeps a steady downward flow so trichs dont get kicked up like dust during mixing.

use imaginary hypothetical power mixing tool for 10-15 min, leave for 5 mins to allow for trich sinking and separation, come back and mix for another 10-15 and let sit for at least 20 mins. drain through bottom by detaching hose. unscrew modular cuffs one by one and scoop your gold!
View attachment 313268View attachment 313268
My wacky ice water extraction contraption concept

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

thanks ya'll. i'm really after that waxy greasy stuff. too bad this is just an idea:cool:

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

whats up walt, it looks like gilson doesnt fuck around when it comes to sifting. then again from the looks of your full melt dry sift thread, you don't either. what would a cannabinoid % be when its just all glands like that??

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Thanks mang! Skunkman Sam claims his famous all gland dry sift is 99.99999%. You could save some coin by swapping the 220 for a 160 and dropping the 120. It's gonna take a pump to get it to recirc. I think you'd be better off cycling in clean water and letting the waste water collect in something else. Tank sprayer would work and you can dial in the exact amount of water it takes for a full extraction. I drink the left over water and give it to plants.

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

thanks for the tips man. quick question, do u think putting straight up fresh, unfrozen trim and nugs directly in with the ice would be a good idea? trying to keep the plant pliable and resilient while resin glands becombe brittle

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

thanks for the tips man. quick question, do u think putting straight up fresh, unfrozen trim and nugs directly in with the ice would be a good idea? trying to keep the plant pliable and resilient while resin glands becombe brittle

That would still work, but you could freeze the fresh trim and use that. Freezing the herb before use really makes the trichomes brittle and they break off much easier, so it does increase the efficiency of the extraction.

Cort

Cort

After my first ever extraction last night, my first thought: These fuckers need a reservoir tip.

At the very least the screens should have a taper so there is a natural collection point.

germinator

germinator

After my first ever extraction last night, my first thought: These fuckers need a reservoir tip.

At the very least the screens should have a taper so there is a natural collection point.

my .02......Spray bottle with fresh water and chase the gold to the center by misting as you take up the bags slack.

Cort

Cort

Thats what I did after reading Blaze's tutorial. Was like trying to sweep up marbles on tile. Thinking it would be easier if there was a spot in the bag to sweep them towards. Maybe Ill toss a marble in each bag for next run to provide a collection point.

All that kinda off topic though. Was really just thinking of an improvement to the OPs contraption.

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

Thats what I did after reading Blaze's tutorial. Was like trying to sweep up marbles on tile. Thinking it would be easier if there was a spot in the bag to sweep them towards. Maybe Ill toss a marble in each bag for next run to provide a collection point.

All that kinda off topic though. Was really just thinking of an improvement to the OPs contraption.
the beauty of this concept is that in theory, the whole unit is rigid except for the collection screens themselves. if the screens have just a little bit of slack, gravity should form a slight concave shape. again, all this in theory but the inner walls of the cuff/drum itself would hopefully not collect any residual trich's

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Fresh unfrozen should make some super pure bubble with super low yield. Never tried it. You don't need a concave spot in your bag... Stretch it over a plate super taught and flick it off with a dull butter knife.

For the contraption I'd like to see it a perfectly tight stainless steel screen. You could just unscrew the 70 level and flip it over into a Pyrex dish tap it out or spray it out then dry.

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

right on walt i like your style. thanks a bunch for droppin in and contributing your extraction wisdom to the thread.

i wonder what would happen if u put some fresh trim in the ice water over night and didn't agitate or anything, just kinda let the cold temps permeate that shit and maybe trich's would just break off on their own...that would be some ultra pure lol

Check out soil sample sifting sieves gilson has to offer. You will find what you are looking for. Make it happen capt.

i checked out gilson along with some other industrial grade sifting brands and it seems that the really sophisticated stuff uses vibration as the primary sifting function, stuff like vibration tables/harnesses and the like. would love to use these in a hash application but those professional grade units are several g's. there are actually machines that are somewhat similar in design to this contraption, but seem to be for more of a lab/factory setting than someone's house

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Those soil sample sieves are meant for dry sifting that's why they require tapping action and vibration. Using water you won't need the vibration. Esp if you are doing a constant water flow. Did you see the concrete sifters?

r3deyejedi

r3deyejedi

yes in fact gilson makes one called the mary ann u may have seen that has a similar stacked segment design.theres also a company called cleveland vibrators (google may give u interesting results for that one lol) but they also have a machine with that segmented design.

do u think vibration would help break off trich's though as opposed to sifting trich's thru screens

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Oh hell yeah! That's my dream dry sifting rig. 8" sieves. A 500 or larger to hold chunks of dry ice, a 160, 90, 70, and a catch basin. Let that vibrate for a couple and pull out the full melt! But we're talking 25 hundo to get set up. Sucks.

Top Bottom