My Whole Crop Is Dying Before My Eyes. Help!

• Thread starter kbellfoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I only feed full strength once a week. I'm not brave enough to feed more. I have an EC meter but iv been told since buying it that's it's no use for measuring organic levels. I put it in my run off last night and it said ppm was 300 if that's accurate??? I don't know. Do organic nutes register on EC meters?? Again iv been told not. Is it ok to flush organic soil?? Iv been told not. Im feeling very stressed at the minute lol

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Ohhhhhh i just reread. I thought kbelfoy said there was full strength nutes going in everyday. Thats why i was like....waaaat? But i just noticed it reads : feed once a week. Water everyday. My fault lol.

Positive vibes

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Colorado I took them off as they were falling off an obviously dead. Don't want dead decaying leaves in my pots. Also I wanted to see how quickly this was happening. Mastacheeser it is progressing up the inside of the plants. Also thanks guys for your positive vibes regards my plants. I was really proud of them till now.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Bulldog11 my biobizz bloom nutes are ratio 2-7-4 is that enough P? As for Ca I will have to order some. Is there anything specific u can recommend? Thank u so much everyone for taking time out to help me. Also in case it matters I gave them full strength veg food last night to see if that helped at all.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
plants look fine just add a little more cal mag that has some nitrogen in it. they look like they may be starting to grow faster then you are feeding now so up your nutes a tad. are you in bloom? if so they start to stretch and may demand a bit higher nutes during this period

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see P-. Plain as day. :eek:

I only feed full strength once a week. I'm not brave enough to feed more. I have an EC meter but iv been told since buying it that's it's no use for measuring organic levels. I put it in my run off last night and it said ppm was 300 if that's accurate??? I don't know. Do organic nutes register on EC meters?? Again iv been told not. Is it ok to flush organic soil?? Iv been told not. Im feeling very stressed at the minute lol
That is correct. An EC meter will not measure accurately, but I've read many say that it can read consistently. So, while you may not be able to go from the numbers, you can at least make sure it's relatively consistent.

Don't bother flushing the soil, especially if you're alternating feedings with water only. You can feed a lot of things through foliar feeding as well, which allows you to push the plant without oversaturating the soil with fertilizer.

Bulldog will help you well here.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I'm using Meridian organic un sulphate molasses.
Seamaiden I was stuck with a choice of N- or P- and I went with N-
what ratio NPK is best for early flower? My biobizz bloom is 2-7-4
iv noticed today they are growing again in fact they have stretched loads overnight it seems. Could I have a P lockout? Or a complete nute lock out? Not supposed to flush so how would I correct that? Thank u so much everyone for your help. Iv got so stressed out about this I'm thinking of binning it all and starting again. I know as a first time grower who didn't know anything that next time I can learn by my mistakes. And now I have more knowledge I know exactly how many I have made. So even if these lot die I can use that for future grows. Much love to u all

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Yes kid twist I am 13 days in flower today. I mean 13 days of actual flowers not flip time. Mind u I flipped em and had first flowers in 48 hrs. I didn't know it could happen that fast lol.

Albatross

Albatross

did the issue start with exclusively the oldest leaves? does it progress exclusively to the next oldest leaf? or are upper leaves also appearing to loose color to a lessor degree? is there any other N being introduced or any residual in the soil? With limited indoor exp, given the plants dont appear unhealthy above the color change I would say it looks like standard leaf drop, possibly sped up if they are feeling slightly underfed but agreed, dont be to hard on yourself....mid to late flower many shed the inside lower fan leaves, ive always assumed it is because at this stage they become worthless, having fueled the veg growth and in doing so choked off most of their available light, some plants seem to relocate the mobiles by "choice", they shed the worthless leaves and send the energy to the parts of the plant now in flower. It starts low interior large fan leaf but will seem to leave small interior leaf associated with littles which is why it appears to be selective on the part of the plant. Seems to progress from the thickest stem up until it reaches the flowering parts of the plant. The speed of it however would also lend me to the belief they are a little under fed, N and P are my guess. Under most circumstances it is not as rapid as you describe although I have seen some where the whole process happens in a week-2. Not familiar with using biobizz, how much of that is soluble vs insoluble? the numbers mean little if its not in usable form or the biology of the soil is not breaking down insoluble, source of the N? a couple days of gentile foliar feeding may slow or arrest the problem if that is the case.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm using Meridian organic un sulphate molasses.
Seamaiden I was stuck with a choice of N- or P- and I went with N-
what ratio NPK is best for early flower? My biobizz bloom is 2-7-4
iv noticed today they are growing again in fact they have stretched loads overnight it seems. Could I have a P lockout? Or a complete nute lock out? Not supposed to flush so how would I correct that? Thank u so much everyone for your help. Iv got so stressed out about this I'm thinking of binning it all and starting again. I know as a first time grower who didn't know anything that next time I can learn by my mistakes. And now I have more knowledge I know exactly how many I have made. So even if these lot die I can use that for future grows. Much love to u all
Right now, I think Adi has the right idea, just feed more. Are you feeding at full strength, and if so, for how long?

I don't recall what you said your media pH parameters are, that would help us figure out whether or not you may have a lock-out situation going. By the NPK numbers alone, I don't see how you could be causing a lockout here, though.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Update. Iv stopped putting the sodium thiosulphate in my water. There has been no new yellow leaves overnight. I also foliar fed them last night with an organic nettle and comfrey feed at 1/4 strength. I usually feed full strength once a week. My run off ph is always the same 6.5. RH is at 60% I'm thinking of feeding 1/4 strength everyday instead of full feed once or twice a week??thoughts on that plz. I'm not saying leaving out the sodium thiosulphate has made the difference but I thought it worth a go. Iv just fed them bloom food. My ppm is staying between 250 and 300 but don't forget it won't readmy organic feed properly so it's a guide for me only. I must admit being my first time grow and after loads of readingand lurking on here I now know my soil is absolutely crap. It's dry and won't hold water for long so I'm having to water everyday. 2 liters each they take. Every day. So I'm wondering if my RH is wrong and making then need water more often. I was concerned if I had RH too high it would cause mould probs during the flowering. I can't believe the amazing responses iv had. Thank u so much everyone.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

A good soil mix comes with a little experience is all, and it sounds like you already got your experience, although ots bad experience it just helps you learn. Im really proud of my last mix, only becuase my last two were pretty awful haha.

Do you just grow them out in the open with sunlight? Do you have a tent or an enclosure? I think i missed that part.... A steady RH is easier to keep with an enclosure and a hygrometer. Not sure if you have one of those? Important tool.

I use a cold air humidifier in my room when my rh drops too low. Its true having lower RH in flower will help prevent PM and moldy buds. But earlier in veg they love high humidity and grow faster with it i believe. Right now mines about 40% in my flower room and everything feels happy. Although. I heard if it drops too low it can slow growth. So theres a middle ground there imo.

Id take the advice given. Up the strength of the nutes. Maybe even find some more things to add that will help growth and production like algae or sea kelp, molasses... Cal mag...etc...200 300 ppm seems low for that stage of its life. Your obviously not burning the plant. Which is actually hard to do with bio bizz and most organic ferts. Burning seems to happen faster to those using chems nutes, or so ive read. So up the dosage. And start doing it twice a week maybe. Green these girls up.

Couple people above mentioned before, and i 100% agree. Those plants look beautiful, and youve done a great job imo. So just experiement. And have fun. Thats what i do, i love my plants, and i can tell you do too. Here check my girls out, proud of em
IMG 20150815 204810

This is my very first crop so judge lightly please lol, just learnin.
They are about 27 days in flower in this photo, im pumping them full of 750-800 ppms of Bio bizz, roots organic P supplement, and a 6 bottle line from nectar for the gods and they are loving every second of it. I bet your plant can handle a lot more than you realize!

Hope i helped in some sort of way, just my stoney two cents haha. Positivity and respect fellow grower. Keep doing the damn thing, hope to see some more posts of your grow going better. Just dont give up. No worries!

Edited to: not sound like a retard

Last edited:
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Thanks everyone. Got up this morning and again no more yellow leaves. Touch wood it's halted. Iv upped my feeding and they had another trace element foliar feed.
Your plants look fab. Hope mine end up looking that good.
Thank u all for the positive comments about my girls....yes I do love them very much lol.....
gardnguyahoy I'm in a tent. Well 2 tents actually. How do u measure your organic ppm levels ? I have an RH meter in my tents. It's at 60% with a temp of 79-80 ish.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Odd that no one mention the plant to pot ratio.

When you get that much plant in that size pot, the chemistry gets very hard to stabilize.
And, yes, roots do grow during flowering, I've watched them. :)

And up potting is no problem in flower as long as you do it properly.
So, got any more dirt laying around?

Aloha,
Weezard

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I don't have any pots but I do have a bit of soil. There is lots of room in the top so I could top the pots right up if that's a help? Them being fabric pots is also why they dry out so fast I think. I know I plan on using much bigger ones next time. 5 gal pots ain't big enough. Thank u for your reply

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Update. Iv lost 37 leaves overnight. Don't think I have any choice but to flush now. Nothing to lose really as they are dying anyway. I increased the nutes and it's awful. Think it must be lock out. Thank you for all your help everyone....wish me luck :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Did you answer as to whether or not the weather is hot? I can't remember. If it's hot, this is simply going to happen, period, especially on older plants. In fact, look around you, are there trees, bushes or shrubs doing the same thing? They are around me.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

No its cold and rainy here. We do get some hot days but my light schedule is lights on at 6 pm till 6 am so it's the coldest time. I only flushed 2 plants to see how they would react. Funny thing is instead if looking over watered they actually looked really perked up by it. I ran 10 gal thru each of them. I thought they would look a bit sorry after flushing. I wonder if I had dry spots in my pots or something. Iv not fed the flushed plants yet gonna wait till they are a bit dryer then give them a bloom tea. Im going to flush the other three tonight when lights come on. If they don't make it I can put this experience to good use next time hopefully. It's all a learning curve isn't it. It's weird how when seen from above they look amazing..... thank u for taking the time the post Seamaiden I read a lot of your stuff and respect your opinion very much.

Top Bottom