Mystery Symptoms Step On Up Dwc

• Thread starter Onewomangrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Onewomangrow

Good afternoon
This is my first post and grow I've been looking everywhere for a clear and were on symptoms so i know how to move forward and treat mybolant but I cant get anything concrete. Any and all input is appreciated.

Running 4 blackberry dream seeds elev8 seeds in dwc. Each in a 7.5 gall bucket with 4 gal water. Airpump and two air stones in each. 6.5 inch net pots with hydroton. Advanced platinum leds . hydroguard and gh trio nutes. Room temp about 72 to 75 water temp 67 to 71 . humidity 45-50 percent.
Growers note on seed packet was ' does not like salt build up' wondering if this is coming into play already?

I have ppms only around 100 to 150. I had ppms around 200 and the tips seemed to yellow and i flushed thinking nute burn. I have some leaf tips turned down and others light yellow tips as well as the occasional 'wrinkly wavy leaf' . I feel concerned they're being inserted but then im told leaf tip curling down is too much nitrogen possibly ..im wondering if not liking salt means very light on feeding .mm right now i have 1/4 tsp of each of the flora trio in the 4 gall res along with hydroguard. Could these be some lingering side effects of prior root rot from a few weeks ago?
I know the plants aren't as healthy as they could be im just wondering how to fix them. Any guidance welcomed and thank you in advance!

Mystery symptoms step on up dwc
Mystery symptoms step on up dwc 2
Mystery symptoms step on up dwc 3
Mystery symptoms step on up dwc 4
GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

If I saw a note like that I'd probably return or trash it. My guess would be yes it means you have to go toward the low end of the range. I'd be concerned about the impact on growth. Now if the thing takes a few nutes and grows fast as fuck well then maybe you found a money saver.

O

Onewomangrow

Sorry I've been sick with the flu.
Tips were making me think burn so i flushed. Started with 4 gall water in each res and applied 2tsp of the micro and 4tsp of the bloom for the largest plant. The others that i topped i aplied 1tsp mico and 2tsp bloom. I read someone post saying they've had success with this Lucas formula so I'm giving it a whirl but also scared to burn them. Brought the plants under white light this morning and this is a photo of the largest one. New growth is appearing lighter and light colors on other mid level fan leaves is this a deficiency?

Ph5.7-5 8
Ppm 150 to 240 between the four plants
Temp 66 to 69

Don't recall if i mentioned prior root rot have lots of new white healthy roots i don't think these leaf symptoms can still he lingering from that as its affecting new growth?
Thank you for taking the time I'm nervous and overthinking

20180208 143232
20180208 143247
chemistry

chemistry

All over light green normally means the plant is stripping the leaves because it's hungry. Looks like you have a bit of root rot too. Try bumping your PPM's up to 500. What did you do to shift the root rot.

Last edited:
O

Onewomangrow

I had warm temps accidentally and a few light leaks i later discovered. My room temp is now at 70 and my water temp I just roate forzrn water bottles to keep it in that cooler 67 68 range. I use hydroguard that seemed to clear it up a bunch. I also added a second airstone to each res so i have two stones per 7.5 gal res so im thinking a combo has shown a great improvement. I was wondering if i should trim the roots and cut the rot part out if that last bit of rot is bad sitting in my res?

Not sure if that would shock plants or if theyll just continue to grow

The color stripping hungry thing definitely makes sense thank you for the reply again. The lighting is so different under my leds I really hadn't noticed just how light they were until i took this photo.

chemistry

chemistry

Do you have a Zyme in your GH nuit line, I use Canna, and my Zyme is Cannazyme, it helps to break down all the bad roots and rubbish floating round in your rez. I've grown two up in 10 gallon water tanks, my first foray into DWC, think it was around 5 years ago now.

O

Onewomangrow

I haven't ever heard of using a zyme before.. I will definitely pick some up at my local grow shop. Will this work alongside my hydroguard or instead of just to break things down and switch back to hydroguard after?
Do you run these together every grow as a prevention ?
Thank you again for your replies. Will report eith any updates after work

chemistry

chemistry

I haven't ever heard of using a zyme before.. I will definitely pick some up at my local grow shop. Will this work alongside my hydroguard or instead of just to break things down and switch back to hydroguard after?
Do you run these together every grow as a prevention ?
Thank you again for your replies. Will report eith any updates after work

I use it all the way through in DWC, here is a pic of a Super Lemon Haze I have just flowered, the roots before I used Cannazyme.
Lemon Haze Roots 3b

And after using Cannazyme.
Lemon Haze Roots 3c

You can see it's the same plant by the main roots coming down to the root ball.

O

Onewomangrow

Im back with some updates.
And thank you again and again already for taking the time. My local grow store is apparently under new management -_- so i go in and ask this new manager about the zyme and if they carry it.. He gives me a 20 minute lecture on sterile res tries to push some sterilizing product at me while telling me my leds are shit and how ra ra ra. Live and let grow man.. So that being said i wasn't getting anywhere with this guy... Ordered the zyme on amazon its en route. Beautiful photos of your roots!

So this is about where i at.
I have the four main plants from seed still in 5 gallon containers. With two air stones each. I truly cannot get control of these ppms. Im still not sure if im burning or starving them. The two smaller plants still have a little brown on the roots so im thinking some of these symptoms can be from root rot the bottom couple leaves.
Ppms are around 460 I raised to 530 and saw some dark orange edges on a few leaves so i topped off with ph water and they went back down to about 460. Ph still at 5.7 / 5.8 . temp 66 to 73 rotating water bottles frozen. Water temp seems to be my main concern keeping the water cool enough. These plants are pushing just about two months now. I notice when i lower my ppms after the orange edges I'm seeing oddly mishapen or simply disproportionate five finger leaves? When my plant has been growing mostly 7 finger.. Im wondering is this stunted new growth from the burn or slowed growth from still being paranoid and not feeding enough? Preparing to switch to 18/6 next week after my zyme has arrived and is in the mix. The largest plant i would like to get jnto flower and the others as soon as im sure theyre strong enough and healthy. Just want to make sure they're good before i head into flower as veg is supposed to be easy and im still chasing my tail i will attatch photos momentarily.

O

Onewomangrow

Oddly sharpen new growth on my seven finger plant.. Thinking deficiency as in it doesn't have enough nutes to grow those eta two fingers? Guessing..

20180219 192830
20180219 190539
O

Onewomangrow

My smaller plants are sporting these speckles on a few top leaves

20180220 164850
O

Onewomangrow

When i originally posted i had taken a few clones panicking thinking if the root rot is gonna win let me try to salvage a few clones.. So these are under 3 cfls 5.8ppm clones are rooted ppm is about 240 i was guessing half of the 500 you suggested? They're in a 30gal res. 15gal of water which is staying much cooler than my smaller res luckily.

I am humbled in this first grow attempt and open to any and all input. All thoughts welcome and thank you again.
I use it all the way through in DWC, here is a pic of a Super Lemon Haze I have just flowered, the roots before I used Cannazyme.
View attachment 777139

View attachment 777140

I can't wait for my cannzyme to get here
View attachment 777139

View attachment 777140

Your roots look amazing i can't wait to use this stuff

20180219 193712
20180219 193616
20180219 193648 Burst01
20180219 193626
O

Onewomangrow

And few photos of the whole plants in better light of course. Don't mean to overload anyone with photos but i figure the more visual the more likely im able to be helped on here.

20180220 175509
20180220 175402
20180220 175851
20180220 175821
chemistry

chemistry

And few photos of the whole plants in better light of course. Don't mean to overload anyone with photos but i figure the more visual the more likely im able to be helped on here.[/QUO

Plants look fine, colour is good, the cuttings are going for it. Keep the cuttingings on the 250ppm for the time being, they look good on it. Just keep an eye on your tips for burning. Only one thing I would change, and that's the position of your plants. If you look at the LED, the lights footprint is to small for your plants to make the most of the light, round the outside edge of your lights footprint you can see dimly lit patches. So, to make the best from your available light, move your plants into the center where it's brighter. Other than that your traveling in the right direction.

O

Onewomangrow

Update.
Popping in with an update and a few photos. I see exactly what you meant about the light. Frankly I ended up with way too much plant and definitely not enough light or room.l I feel like I'm moving them every day trying to utilize the light the best I can. I let them get way too big before switching to flower. This is day two of week three of flower.

20180603 200255
20180603 201100
20180603 201042
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
They look good, nice job. Those blurples won’t burn plants easily like hps or mh, are they still stretching?

Latest posts

Top Bottom