Nanners showed up week 7 of flower! Help!

• Thread starter Happy2Fly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pilted

Pilted

The only thing I can think may have happened is that I went on a 4 day vacation and the pots were bone dry when I returned. The plants didn't look wilted or anything, but they were use to a constant supply of water. I usually give them 1-2 quarts a day depending on how they look, but soaked the hell out of them the day I left thinking that would hold them for a few days. That particular plant has been thirstier than the others in general.
I would think big changes in water habits could be something that could trigger it. I wouldn't rule that out, also look for light leaks in your growing area, light during dark time is a big culprit. Even a power strip red light, any type of light during dark times.

H

Happy2Fly

As for the light, I haven't hardly touched it throughout the flowering cycle besides raising it an inch at a time as the plants grew. I did have them sitting between 8"-10" from the highest bud on the plant, and the manufacturer recommends 12". Could it have gotten stressed from too much light?

H

Happy2Fly

I would think big changes in water habits could be something that could trigger it. I wouldn't rule that out, also look for light leaks in your growing area, light during dark time is a big culprit. Even a power strip red light, any type of light during dark times.
There is a street light on the corner of my lot and the neighbors across the street have Christmas lights. The street light is behind a couple of trees so I didn't think that would have much of an effect, but who knows?

Pilted

Pilted

If I get any seeds I'll definately send some your way. The hermied plant is big bud. I also have Amnesia Haze, Chocolope, and Blueberry growing beside it. I'm hoping those don't get seeds but maybe its not too terrible if they do.
Really there isn't anything wrong with seedy weed, unless you wanna show it off to friends or if it's super seedy. Back in the day when seed in weed was normal I got this bud like a gram size, it had 80 seeds in it. There was really not much weed. If it's like that then it sucks but most the time it will just be a couple here and there. You can pull it out of the tent harvest now and get it away from the other plants I wouldn't want to infect the whole room.

Pilted

Pilted

There is a street light on the corner of my lot and the neighbors across the street have Christmas lights. The street light is behind a couple of trees so I didn't think that would have much of an effect, but who knows?
I think that is the culprit. I would get some black out curtains or cover the way the light is getting in.

Pilted

Pilted

Do you see yellow pollin around the nanners? If pollin is already flowing then probably already to late for the whole grow, but if no pollen then you best bet is pull it get it out of the room with the others. Either harvest or isolate it.

H

Happy2Fly

Really there isn't anything wrong with seedy weed, unless you wanna show it off to friends or if it's super seedy. Back in the day when seed in weed was normal I got this bud like a gram size, it had 80 seeds in it. There was really not much weed. If it's like that then it sucks but most the time it will just be a couple here and there. You can pull it out of the tent harvest now and get it away from the other plants I wouldn't want to infect the whole room.
You think it's ok to harvest now? weed420420420420420 said that seedy weed is better than immature weed. I do have some cloudy tricomes, but not much amber yet

H

Happy2Fly

Do you see yellow pollin around the nanners? If pollin is already flowing then probably already to late for the whole grow, but if no pollen then you best bet is pull it get it out of the room with the others. Either harvest or isolate it.
I haven't seen any pollen.

Pilted

Pilted

Well I would be worried about the other plants in the room weed without seeds is better then weed with seeds. If you can avoid the seeds in the other plant then it might be worth it. If you really don't care about a couple seeds then yeah pick off the nanners when you see them and go to harvest. Cloudy trics have THC but it will be a immature high all head no body, and the high won't last long. Either way that's a personal decision you need to make.

Pilted

Pilted

I personally would isolate it from the other plants and then work on getting more seeds, but not everyone has the ability to isolate a plant. So if no pollen then you might be able to save the others (might not). Hard to say.

H

Happy2Fly

I personally would isolate it from the other plants and then work on getting more seeds, but not everyone has the ability to isolate a plant. So if no pollen then you might be able to save the others (might not). Hard to say.
I just moved it to my living room next to a window. It won't be under the lights while it finishes but I think it only needs another week or 2 to finish so maybe that will work. At least it's isolated from the rest of the plants.

H

Happy2Fly

20240104 171615

Just checked a little piece of my blueberry bud to check trichomes. What does it mean when they turn purple?

H

Happy2Fly

This blueberry plant is on day 58 of flower and the leaves have started to turn purple (as well as some trichomes). Haven't seen much amber yet. Maybe 15% cloudy on the largest bud. It is still throwing out white pistles. Anyone have any guesses as to how close she is to ready? This one is what I believe is looking like the furthest along out of my 4 plants.

20240104 172113

L

loungnlou99

This is my first grow and everything was looking so good up until I noticed them today! I just chopped one stem that had the majority of them, and plucked off whatever else I could find. I just noticed a single amber tricrome today as well! None of my other plants have any on them. I've read mixed advice in my research.
That shit happens to the best of us. I haven't read down the thread. But I'm assuming it's feminized seeds. In the last 20 years of growing I never saw a hermie ever. Until everyone is making and selling feminized seeds. Some genetics are not meant to be feminized. So when you stress them at all they have a much higher % chance of turning hermie. Buds looks nice doesn't look like you caused the issue. Unless you been giving it the wrong PH or have a light leak. But that looks more like genetics. Many female plants will produce a few male pollen sacks at the end of flower. Especially of you let it go a week or 2 past prime. Plant is simply trying not to die off. If you have more hermie issues go back to regular seeds or save up and spend a few packs worth on a elite selected clone. Either way not ur doing I'd say but I also am just going off 1 picture.

L

loungnlou99

View attachment 2096911
Just checked a little piece of my blueberry bud to check trichomes. What does it mean when they turn purple?
stalks are purple not the heads. Heads are what you pay attention too. The stalks are just their to hold the thrichome gland heads. When the plant matures the heads should be fat and round with some milky and amber and clear. When you chop it will depend on what type of medical benefits you are looking for. Google has so much info but it's nice to help out people who need it. But just reading alot on Google or getting a few books on growing and a Farmers Almanac will make your life soooo much easier.

H

Happy2Fly

That shit happens to the best of us. I haven't read down the thread. But I'm assuming it's feminized seeds. In the last 20 years of growing I never saw a hermie ever. Until everyone is making and selling feminized seeds. Some genetics are not meant to be feminized. So when you stress them at all they have a much higher % chance of turning hermie. Buds looks nice doesn't look like you caused the issue. Unless you been giving it the wrong PH or have a light leak. But that looks more like genetics. Many female plants will produce a few male pollen sacks at the end of flower. Especially of you let it go a week or 2 past prime. Plant is simply trying not to die off. If you have more hermie issues go back to regular seeds or save up and spend a few packs worth on a elite selected clone. Either way not ur doing I'd say but I also am just going off 1 picture.
Thank you! They have looked real happy during the whole run. You are correct in that they are all feminized seeds. Disappointing since this is my first grow and I was hoping for a good harvest. Maybe I will get lucky. I picked off all of the nanners a couple weeks ago and haven't seen any since. Now I'm just getting antsy for harvest so I can dry them and find out. Currently day 58 and haven't seen much cloudiness in the trichomes, although I do see random amber ones every now and then amongst a sea of clear.

H

Happy2Fly

stalks are purple not the heads. Heads are what you pay attention too. The stalks are just their to hold the thrichome gland heads. When the plant matures the heads should be fat and round with some milky and amber and clear. When you chop it will depend on what type of medical benefits you are looking for. Google has so much info but it's nice to help out people who need it. But just reading alot on Google or getting a few books on growing and a Farmers Almanac will make your life soooo much easier.
I have been reading every free moment I get. I think I have a good understanding of what to look for. Since it is my first grow, experience is not on my side and I was just looking for some extra eyes on it. This is an indica so I'd like to see a good amount of amber, but at this point I just need a little patience as Axl Rose would say. 😉

H

Happy2Fly

20240112 115100
20240112 114731
20240112 114723
20240112 114623

Update: Day 68 of flower

Still waiting for tricomes to turn cloudy. I was looking at one sample today and noticed a bunch of tricomes turning from clear to amber with no cloudiness to be seen. Any ideas?

20240114 104127

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I really don’t get the American way of thinking that oh it hermie so now I have heaps of fem seeds that’s why we are getting hermies 25 yrs ago ya only got em if ya over ripened a plant I had t seen 1 till four or five yrs ago come up mid flower shitty breeding practices I reckon narners at any stage isn’t great not everyone finishes a run at the same time some put plants in their flower room every 2 weeks so what does a late herm do to the early flowerers seeds em sorry for rant but we need to get rid of this thinking that oh it’s only a few narners look on the bright side free fems not the attitude I don’t reckon get rid of anything that herms in your garden n burn it to the ground hermis suck😂👍

Bilber

Bilber

I really don’t get the American way of thinking that oh it hermie so now I have heaps of fem seeds that’s why we are getting hermies 25 yrs ago ya only got em if ya over ripened a plant I had t seen 1 till four or five yrs ago come up mid flower shitty breeding practices I reckon narners at any stage isn’t great not everyone finishes a run at the same time some put plants in their flower room every 2 weeks so what does a late herm do to the early flowerers seeds em sorry for rant but we need to get rid of this thinking that oh it’s only a few narners look on the bright side free fems not the attitude I don’t reckon get rid of anything that herms in your garden n burn it to the ground hermis suck😂👍
Agreed.....to a point......

If they pop early.....that's not good....but it could be environmental issues......not the strain/breeder......although it could be...

Nanners late in harvest.......that depends on the grower of the plant/plants.......

So many different styles......
So many different wants from each grower....
So many different ways in all aspects of growing.....

Find one that feels comfortable and run with it.....

Top Bottom