Nearly cut my electric bill in half with new meter!!!!

• Thread starter growhard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Does my medical grow needs count as a medical equipment? Anyone taken the paper work back to there MMJ doctor to get him to sign off on it?

That might be the way too go..

Maybe yes, All depends on your doc and medical condition. If your condition requires constant ac and heating so you do not get sick. Or maybe you are caring for a sick person that requires medical equipment.

Example: a patient with RA got signed off on it.

pg&e loves customers that pay there huge power bills. You can call up pg&e and ask. They will give you the run down. They are very helpfull.

May not help you as much as someone who goes over the baseline. You get a higher baseline usage.
Does not apply to everyone. Serious medical conditions.

On another point. If you run a business from your home and let say you fabricate parts in the machine shop in your garage. You may be able to apply for a better rate or maybe even a commercial rate.

Commercial rates can save a grip as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You CAN??? We just started a home business (IP-based LAN/WAN surveillance).

The year I rented our cabin out as a vacation home we wrote off the area that I used to do all the business associated with it. Netted us $2,000 extra on our return, and it was less than 10'sq.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
You CAN??? We just started a home business (IP-based LAN/WAN surveillance).

The year I rented our cabin out as a vacation home we wrote off the area that I used to do all the business associated with it. Netted us $2,000 extra on our return, and it was less than 10'sq.

Does not apply to everyone automatically. fyi may apply to you, to say you can I do not not all the factors. gotta call pg&e and ask if you can. factor in where you live.. As in what part of your town or city.
Some cities you can live in a residence in a unincorporated area. Then you have a different set of rules.

If the above person in the scenario I described lived in a suburb probably could not do the same. They are probably stuck with residential rates.

Gotta write off those business expenses saves some $$. The person I describe found out while paying pge. The customer service rep suggested it to help save some $$ on the bill.

pge: Ow my god your bill is so high, what are you doing?

joebob: I know ma'am. The economy is shit and I am making some extra money fabricating some parts in my garage. Costs me a fortune to run all the equipment. Kiln,compressor,fans yada yada yada. Iam not going to make any money at this rate.

pge: well I see your going over your basline and that is killing you @ 36c kwh. We maybe can put you on a commerical plan to give you a better rate and increase your baseline usage.

joebob: wow, your not all money sucking scumbags after all.

:) So not so sure the above will apply to you. All those linux and winblows boxes suck up so much power.... lol. but may not hurt to ask.

G

growhard

I do know of one guy that spent over $6,000 at dispensaries in one year.... because he went over the limit for deductible medical costs, he wrote the whole thing off on tax (He even saved the receipts!). My point is that if these are legitimate medical expenses, I cannot see why any of these medical plans would not work.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We're members of the county farm bureau, so...? Good Christ! I thought I was gonna get to take some tax breaks for my glasses (got two pair, almost $1,000, even with discounts, no insurance) and then my sis tells me you've gotta spend that $6,000 and I said, "Oh WOT?" Yeah, bursted my bubble but good. But this...?

Awesomeness, I'll talk to him about us calling PG&E, we very well may be able to get a break here.

Top Bottom