Nectar For The Gods, reboot

• Thread starter dreamnfox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Goes to show you why cheap surge protectors, power strips and there users cause so many fires. Look at the max amps on your a/c, dehum, lights and other components. When I rewired my office each tent got it's own 20 amp breaker, 12 ga. wire and Hubbell 4 Plex w/surge hospital grade receptacle, bonded neutral and dedicated ground rod. Computers and security system got it's 20 amp setup and two other 10 amp receptacles got there own 20 amp breaker and standard setup. Ceiling lights get there own circuit.
This is why my grow is NEVER unattended because I know nothing about electrical. I know people that do though so I'm gonna have to get it checked just to make sure everything is safe and probably run another 20 amp breaker to that room. I just moved into this house and immediately wanted to get a grow in. When this grow is done everything's coming down and getting set back up the right way. I want to get a big spider farmer tent for my two se3000's and just use those lights.

Blastfact

Blastfact

This is why my grow is NEVER unattended because I know nothing about electrical. I know people that do though so I'm gonna have to get it checked just to make sure everything is safe and probably run another 20 amp breaker to that room. I just moved into this house and immediately wanted to get a grow in. When this grow is done everything's coming down and getting set back up the right way. I want to get a big spider farmer tent for my two se3000's and just use those lights.
Just add up your amp draw. Each of your lights max draw is 2.45 amps @ 120v, 5k btu a/c is around 5 amps @ 120v, 10k btu is around 10 amps @ 120v, dehum's are generally just under what a/c uses. Add it all up and stay under the breakers rated amps. If your using 220/230/277v amp draws are even less. Watts is converted to amps with the voltage number and a Ohm's law converter. Watts are used in sales propaganda for example,,, 300 watts looks more impressive than 2.455 amps. Or the old people are stupid 1200 watt hair dryer in reality is more like 10 amps or the 1500 watt space heater is more like 12 amps. All your devices should have the max amp rating on them. If there not clearly marked they need to be in a trash can. Electricity is easier to work with than nutrients.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Just add up your amp draw. Each of your lights max draw is 2.45 amps @ 120v, 5k btu a/c is around 5 amps @ 120v, 10k btu is around 10 amps @ 120v, dehum's are generally just under what a/c uses. Add it all up and stay under the breakers rated amps. If your using 220/230/277v amp draws are even less. Watts is converted to amps with the voltage number and a Ohm's law converter. Watts are used in sales propaganda for example,,, 300 watts looks more impressive than 2.455 amps. Or the old people are stupid 1200 watt hair dryer in reality is more like 10 amps or the 1500 watt space heater is more like 12 amps. All your devices should have the max amp rating on them. If there not clearly marked they need to be in a trash can. Electricity is easier to work with than nutrients.
Wow thanks alot for breaking that down and making it easier to understand. Ya when I 1st started growing a couple years ago I was looking at leds to start with and saw all the names like ts1000, fc3000, se2000, and got really confused thinking that's how many watts they were equal to in hid. So said f it and just got an hid Lol. Checking all that stuff though to make sure I'm not drawing too many amps.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I was just watching ocgfam show that came out today and was thinking about what I want to do with my plants in flower. I'm thinking about dropping Medusa's midflower and keeping Athena's at 15ml instead of upping it to 30 ml. I want to replace some of that nitrogen with Pegasus plus they say it adds a lot of flavor in flower. I also have to find a good ratio of herc, cersei's, and tritons depending on how high I go with Bk. I've been doing 2 parts herc 1 part cersei's, and 1 part tritons but still using medusas on the plant in flower now. I was wondering how much Pegasus do people use during flowering? I haven't been using any yet in flower but now want to. Got a whole bottle barely touched.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Also gonna throw away these cheap no name surge protectors and go get some Samsung ones. I know just the ones but I didn't buy them because I thought they were too expensive for surge protectors but now I know why LOL you get what you pay for. The last thing I want is to f*** my new lights up somehow. Since I started growing I've always been paranoid about my electrical, I have a camera in the grow room and if for some odd reason I do leave the house I keep my phone screen on the camera at all times. I shouldn't have to worry like that. So lesson of the day, get all my s*** figured out first before I have seeds in the ground.

Blastfact

Blastfact

I was just watching ocgfam show that came out today and was thinking about what I want to do with my plants in flower. I'm thinking about dropping Medusa's midflower and keeping Athena's at 15ml instead of upping it to 30 ml. I want to replace some of that nitrogen with Pegasus plus they say it adds a lot of flavor in flower. I also have to find a good ratio of herc, cersei's, and tritons depending on how high I go with Bk. I've been doing 2 parts herc 1 part cersei's, and 1 part tritons but still using medusas on the plant in flower now. I was wondering how much Pegasus do people use during flowering? I haven't been using any yet in flower but now want to. Got a whole bottle barely touched.
Can't watch that show anymore at all. Reminds me of what a Cal Worthington Ford commercial would look like now days. Keep waiting for his dog spot the elephant to walk on set. I still can't figure out whats suppose to do what. I'm not even going to do the grow off now with this flimflam man juice. Going to finish up the ATF grow with it and move on.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

They are kinda burned out huh Lol. Not the greatest teachers. I've learned more on here. I've seen great results with stuff from a couple people, myself included, But it's alot of work forsure.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Last week of veg for these girls. Heading to the grow store today to re-up on some nutrients and find something there I can use through flower to prevent and get rid of pm. So I want to get something and start spraying them now to get them ready for flower and the high humidity.
20220616 190723

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

20220616 191637

She's coming along nice too. In mid flower. But this pm keeps coming back!!!
Kinda stressing. The guy at the shop said he has a couple things I can use all the way through. It's a $45 bottle though. This is where it's tricky, the guy really knows his shit buuut also owns a shop and is a salesman. I'll be looking out for your guys' recommendations, powder sulfur, lost coast plant therapy, and pure crop 1.
20220616 191833

Last edited:
chato

chato

I had PM on my last crop and had to fight it to the end. Nothing I tried completely removed it. Hydrogen Peroxide cleans it up for a bit, but it keeps coming back. You have to spray every few days or it'll completely take over. I tried MildewCure too, which is an organic fungicide that contains garlic oil. That was slightly more effective. But it stinks bad and I didn't want garlicy buds, so I stopped using it.

Some strains seem more resistant. I had one Jack Herer plant that had PM pretty bad. Two other plants in the same tent - a GSC and a Gorilla Glue Haze - didn't have any. I bud washed the whole crop, but will only use that one plant for edibles. PM is really hard to totally eradicate from your grow space too. I took down my tent and threw it away.....gotta order me a new one.

Blastfact

Blastfact

They really rub you the wrong way, huh? For sure NFTG is doing some marketing, but they come across as mostly genuine to me.

You must be as old as I am to remember Cal Worthington
It's just strange. To be fare there are a few of there products I find interesting and might keep around as viable supplements here and there such as Poseidonzime, Persephones Palate, Gaia Mania, Mega Morpheus, The Kraken and One Shot. But only if I find them fresh and on sale. It's like there product line over laps products massively except for a few stand outs. You go to the website and read the hallmark product descriptions then watch the videos and over time as you go through the car salesman class videos to hear them tell it they all do the same thing. It's like WTF are these flimflam men talking about. I understand the calcium base chemistry as they bad mouth salts but you have to flush the calcium base out just like a salt base for much the same reasons,,,, but it's different! It's like they got on a truly good base nutrient system and then lost control of it with moldy Oregon brain syndrome. And the recipe for the old system has been lost to moldy brain marketing syndrome. I was watching some videos one day and Cal Worthington crossed my mind out of nowhere. A ZZ Top want to be and a used car salesman,,, done with this.....

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

It's just strange. To be fare there are a few of there products I find interesting and might keep around as viable supplements here and there such as Poseidonzime, Persephones Palate, Gaia Mania, Mega Morpheus, The Kraken and One Shot. But only if I find them fresh and on sale. It's like there product line over laps products massively except for a few stand outs. You go to the website and read the hallmark product descriptions then watch the videos and over time as you go through the car salesman class videos to hear them tell it they all do the same thing. It's like WTF are these flimflam men talking about. I understand the calcium base chemistry as they bad mouth salts but you have to flush the calcium base out just like a salt base for much the same reasons,,,, but it's different! It's like they got on a truly good base nutrient system and then lost control of it with moldy Oregon brain syndrome. And the recipe for the old system has been lost to moldy brain marketing syndrome. I was watching some videos one day and Cal Worthington crossed my mind out of nowhere. A ZZ Top want to be and a used car salesman,,, done with this.....
The bible is really the best tool if you want to work this line. In Veg i only use a few bottles and 1 shot. In flower it really depends on slurry numbers and terps i am looking for. I personally dont watch the videos. I just talk to other longtime user's and read rhe bible, over and over. I always seem to find something new in there. Scott, the owner, is a great resource too. He us on Facebook byt also he will answer emails. Most new nectar growers are throwing everything at their plants

Blastfact

Blastfact

View attachment 1253979
She's coming along nice too. In mid flower. But this pm keeps coming back!!!
Kinda stressing. The guy at the shop said he has a couple things I can use all the way through. It's a $45 bottle though. This is where it's tricky, the guy really knows his shit buuut also owns a shop and is a salesman. I'll be looking out for your guys' recommendations, powder sulfur, lost coast plant therapy, and pure crop 1.
View attachment 1253980
I'm truly sorry you have PM. I've only had it twice in my grow career and have never battled it. Once on a outdoor grow and once with a indoor grow. Both grows got bleach water sprayed, chopped and burned. Did not spend 1 sec. battling it at all. In both cases it was a reginal break out that effected all sorts of horticulture activity. Good Luck Sir!

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate it. You know it sucks but it's going to be a learning experience. If I have to start new I will I'm not a quitter oh. I'm going to go get some s*** tonight try to battle it if it gets too bad I'll toss the big plant out call the four small plants out of the room and completely sterilize everything and make some changes and see what happens. Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations and wisdom

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I think I'm going to get a grow tent big enough to fit The Duel se3000's that way I can have a little better air filtration and cleanliness my last grows were pretty much in a tent. I'd really like that Spiderfarmer 4x8.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

It's not what it looks like 🤣
But imma eat this for dinner and either take my mind off it or ponder in ot more. Hey they're in the same family maybe it'll tell me what's up...
20220616 213901

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I didn't mention that this plant was given to me by somebody else a while ago so I don't know the genetics they could be weak. It's a green crack clone. We'll see how these other for plants do they may be more resistant I got Bruce banger and white widow fast by seedsman and purple cake and purple crunch by Greenpoint. I'm doing dragon's flame genetics next and I hear there mold resistant so that could be another preventative measure. As for using nectar it's a lot of work sometimes confusing and expensive also everything that goes along with it so what I'm going to do is I'm just going to throw the whole kitchen sink at maybe one plant and try something different on some others. I went from using the entire Fox Farm line which is pretty simple straight to nectar for the gods and the Roman regimen so you know of course I'd like to try other things to see what type of results I get. I mean I've seen amazing results with damn near every nutrient line out there so. My first grow I got amazing results and all I used was the fox farm Trio , Cal Mag, Poseidonzime foliar, and a jealousy by Klutch bagseed.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

So my fellow nectar users would be the guys to ask, what's another good nutrient line I can try out alongside nectar that compares?

Latest posts

Top Bottom