Need advice on hermi seeds

• Thread starter marski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marski420

marski420

Hello all, I have grown twice before and on my second attempt my landlord came into my apartment when I wasnt home and crept around,Later that night I took my plants (Which were about 3-4 weeks flowering) to my moms house and along the way the plants endured lots of stress, as well as mad heat stress at my moms and windburn.. I ended up with about 12 seeds total from 2 plants (White Russian from a seed bank) and of the 12 only 7 were viable.. Are these seeds 100% hermi bound themselves or whats the deal with them? I germed 2 yesterday and they both shot tap roots in less than 24 hours. I planted 1 as a test, as I wanted to practise topping and LST on random hermi seed before I attempt my Raskals OGK seeds. Any info on said subject would be great, thanks all.

M

ManitobanGrower

i cant answer your question by me thinks they've got hermie genes in them now so id say yes, but if you grow a hermie out can you just carefully remove the pollen sacs as they show to create some decent buds still?

E

emmamartin

Have you sign any type of agreement and make any legal procedure provides some more detail in brief so any knowledgeable person can give you answer of this.

sky high

sky high

It seems they herm'd from the stress.

IMO, if you saw no herms pop up (for no reason) in the crop previous to this one, the seeds you have MAY be female. They will still have the herm trait (doesn't all pot have the herm trait in it SOMEWHERE?) but it may be recessive and only brought out by certain environmental conditions. The only way to know is to start growing them out.

I had a similar gig with a sour diesel female. 95%+ of the seeds from her have been female with only an occasional glitch showing up. Hopefully you will have similar luck

s h

J

JAHGYDI

i have been growing out seeds that came from a supposably hermie 818 kush plant for years now with 95%+ females and the occasional hermies with there bannanas and undeveloped seeds. well my issue now is im a month into 12/12 and one of my 3 females is producing nice big fat seeds.

is my plant a hermie or did she get pollinated by my cloths from going to a friends house and rubbing against his la con male?

marski420

marski420

It wasnt minimum stress believe me bro!! I took them from my place (Perfect grow room temps/ humidity/ light) to my moms.. on the way to my moms one of the plants main stem almost got chopped right off, I wrapped tape around it to hold it up right. Now, they were at my moms for the last month, maybe a bit longer of their life.. I took them from perfect conditions and had to put them into a small closet in which the temps were over 90 for alot of the time the light was on.. it was very dry and since it was so hot my fans were very close which also caused wind burn. On top of all that, the closet was in my moms bedroom and whenever she turned on her bedroom light when the grow light was off it allowed light to leak into the closet. Trust me northone, they were very stable genes and IMO that is maximum stress right thur..Almost every stress form possible was involved. The end of my grow just went horribly wrong thats all.

Anywho, I did germ 2 of my hermi beans and they both germed in like 18 hours.. I was only gunna keep 1 but kept them both so one of them is a runt cause I left it in the paper towel too long.. the other one is lookin real healthy so ill post what happens if I flower it, I mostly wanna use them for learning proper LST and topping/ fim techniques.. thanks everyone

J

JAHGYDI

i would say there is zero stress here besides the occasional supercropping and deleafing. this is the same stash of seeds ive been growing for at least the last 3 years. why all of a sudden these huge seeds that ive never seen before.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Only way of knowing if they are gonna herm is to grow em out. They could herm on you they could not(like any seed). Id say go for it, just keep an eye on em. Which you should be doing anyways with any seed that you grow. Now if you wanted to use those seeds for breeding porposes it would be one thing. Other wise pop em :)

marski420

marski420

Thanks Manic.. I wasnt sure if they were 100% hermi prone or if they had potential still. I'm not very hermi informed and im not sure what to look for in terms of male flowers, I mean I know what the sacs look like cause I had to get rid of them before but I dont know what everyone calls "nanners / bananas" or where to look for them.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
There is no way to tell. You could grow em out and not get a single hermie (male flower) on any of them. Or every single one of them could have male flowers. Its a roll of the dice. Even growing seeds from the most respected breeders, there is a chance that you will get a hermie.

As far as what to look for, its just male flowers. Look very closely though, it can be very hard to see em sometimes, especially if you have a bunch of plants grouped together..

M

munga

does anyone know how long it takes outdoors to show sex....my light schedule is 12/12 -- 11/13 throughout the year...now i am at the latter.

im in a sweet spot where the ganj can grow all year...i just ripped up 2 males that i was hoping were females...they were showing sacks....the other one though has not shown anything but growth shoots...and i have 9 more week old seedlings, and i am germing a few seeds from another local strain to see how they turn out.

is it the light schedule here that causes hermies? or just the genes.

marski420

marski420

does anyone know how long it takes outdoors to show sex....my light schedule is 12/12 -- 11/13 throughout the year...now i am at the latter.

im in a sweet spot where the ganj can grow all year...i just ripped up 2 males that i was hoping were females...they were showing sacks....the other one though has not shown anything but growth shoots...and i have 9 more week old seedlings, and i am germing a few seeds from another local strain to see how they turn out.

is it the light schedule here that causes hermies? or just the genes.

Uhh.. Veg needs a good 18(on)/6(off) to have healthy growth, then to start budding your 12/12 is good but since your light schedule is so messed I wouldnt doubt it causes your plants to hermie. You must live close to the equator or something. If I was you I'd have plants vegging indoors when your 11/13 is happening, then when it switches to 12/12 set them outdoors to bud properly. You can veg plants indoors very inexpensively with flurocents, then when you put them outside to bud they will turn into monsters.. Especially if you have vegged them for 2-3+ months

M

munga

thank you for that info 420... :)

so anyone else have any comment on growing *outdoors only* around 17degrees lat?

can nice plants be had with no issues started from seed outside in a semi controlled environment?

no electricity...i want to do this 100% eco grow.
i have hundreds of pounds of rabbit & sheep poo at my disposal to compost...and i can go to bat caves for guano anytime i want, and i can go to the beach to collect sea kelp if needed.

tips..questions...criticisms...greatly apreciated.

marski420

marski420

I know your wanting to do this 100% eco and are pretty set on that but honestly friend, Marijuana doesnt grow healthy enough to be of any use to you if you can only veg it for 12 hours a day. It will be weak, scraggly and probably hermi everytime. Flurocent lighting is very cost effective and works just fine for veg.. Also if your growing outdoors at 12/12 the whole time how is it supposed to know when to flower itself if it doesnt change from 12/12? Like I said, Flurocent lighting is very electricty effiecient and since you will be flowering outdoors (Flowering needs the most light penetration to get good yeilds and healthy plants) you will only be spending very little.. less than 20 bucks for your whole time in veg easily. unless you have alot of plants.. then it may be slightly more but the pay off is so much better when you are smoking good buds and selling higher value buds.

I honestly cant recomend you veg outdoors where you live.. If its an absolute must then I'm sorry but I think you will be disapointed each and every time compared to if you vegged indoors.. Peace

Top Bottom