Need advise on first time clonning

• Thread starter Itsme7576
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

shut off the lights for the first day of so let them relax most folks think you need to jam them under lights asap but think if someone cut off one of your appendages would you want to be under a bright light? Plants use light to grow of course but in thsat process they loose moisture via the leaves but clones have no roots to replace it thats why you need high humidity in the clone chamber if they have no light they sleep give them a day or so to rest not ad stress on top of stress then go with the light schedule you desire.

cloning is not hard people make it hard by trying to nurse them to much you should be able to have 100% success every time without any fancy stuff a bottle of cheap stim root and water
I agree on the not blasting em with light and that being a very common mistake. But I wouldn't put em in darkness as clones are usually mature and can trigger flowering. I haven't tested a short duration but with 2k lux I hardly ever get any yellowing or clones that are not a nice green by the time they root unless I leave em to long or the cutting was not so healthy.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I agree , I always do an overnight , sometimes 2 in either low light or diffused light ....
After that I keep em way far from a stack of t 5 flouros , day 3 or 4 I gradually move them closer .
They need time to establish and bright light too close causing heat issues is not great for them ..
At least in my experience , on the other hand I've seen a stack of flouros resting right on top of the plastic clone dome and plants adjust fine ....
Just gotta go thru the process and observe ,after a few try's its second nature

dire wolf

dire wolf

My only other advice is to carefully monitor the times you remove the dome , do it gradually so the clone can acclimate to the new fresh less humid air ...
If they wilt , give em another hour or two under the dome , eventually they will completely strong up and start busting more roots , then it's into a solo cup with a light pro mix / perlite ...
At that point I like to get em under the lights and water with a hand mister so they don't drown in muck

Peso325

Peso325

Great advice in here. Heat mats at about 74f. 80f temp in the dome will give starter plugs aboit that temp if you don't have a heat mat.

80% humidity or higher.

Absolutely crucial as @dire wolf mentioned to have the media tight to the stems or they WILL fail.

The lowest light intensity possible. Less than 5k lux and I use less than 2k. Just enough to prevent flowering. This is very important you do NOT want to be driving photosynthesis much at all until they have roots.

Then 5-10k lux and a light feed as soon as you see roots. Also transplant as soon as you see roots.
They could flower ? How do you know what’s the intensity of the light. ?

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Well to begin with only use rootex sparingly and wipe of excess gel or powder ...get skewer put a hole in pad feed plants first with low ec take cuttings and place straight in bucket of fresh cool water I all ways use powder as the stems can be hard wood or soft wood then recut stem again and take off bottom growth but leave the leaf on dab clone in rooting stuff and wipe so only a dust is on it as to much will have a reverse affect the place in cube a inch down and then place in weak water nutes and ph 5.5 soak cube and slightly squeeze excess water and place in doom and heat pad and close vents after 3 day open them and after a week give them lots of air as no humidity is not needed or rot and mold starts and in ten days u should have roots ... if u have droopy clones they will take longer and can take but it will be a sick plant with problems so when I take clones is flush cut and flip so if you cut and put in water so the whole clone is wet no need to spray and no feeds or water till the cube is light then water but don't let them dry out tho u will feel the weight of cube when to water again πŸ€œπŸ€›πŸ‘»πŸš‚πŸŽ±πŸ˜œπŸ‘ŒπŸ’―πŸ™ƒπŸ†that my way

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

What if seems like they are flowering ? And what do you mean soft woood or hard wood ? Rootex is like clonex?
Well ones a powder and ones a gel the powder works better on hard stems strains and like I said use to much and it fucks them makes the stem swell and takes ages for them to root and usually die πŸ‘»πŸš‚πŸ’―πŸ˜œ

Latest posts

Top Bottom