Need advise, seedlings not starting!

• Thread starter Rickcin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Yeah, you’re exactly right, I’m micro managing since this is my second growth and I love growing and hardly ever use the stuff eve though I’m sure it would benefit me.
Cool...How was your first grow?

Rickcin

Rickcin

Cool...How was your first grow?
First grow was excellent. I grew Grandaddy Purple auto flowers in a tent in our basement. I planted the seeds in peat pellets in a dome and quickly after they sprouted I placed them in 5 gallon fabric pots with coco and the two plants yielded about 4.5 ounces.

I had a great time growing and I don’t smoke but I grew it for my wife. Afterwards, she discovered the weed makes her tired and now we’ve learned not to grow indica but rather sativa, which won’t knock her out in the afternoon. The seeds I recently purchased are Purple Haze so hopefully she likes this strain! My thing is the growing, I love checking and caring for the girls as well as watching them grow, it’s rewarding ❗

Rickcin

Rickcin

A better day today❗️I open the tent and immediately spotted some green sticking out of one of my 4 peat pods which is almost the 4th day since I planted the untouched (not soaked) seed into the peat pod. This little girl made my day and hopefully I will see other sprout shortly. 😆😆

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

After soaking the seeds and then after putting them onto paper towel i place the plate on my fridge, works great.
Recently started 48 seeds and all of them are growing beautifully.

When in paper towel i wait until the redicle has popped out and plant it as deep as the length of the seed and redicle.

When in paper towel on the plate i wet everything but then i run all that water off leaving the towel nice and moist,
next day add some more water for you'll see and feel the paper towel has dried a little.

A day or 2 later their ready for their new homes.

Rickcin

Rickcin

After soaking the seeds and then after putting them onto paper towel i place the plate on my fridge, works great.
Recently started 48 seeds and all of them are growing beautifully.

When in paper towel i wait until the redicle has popped out and plant it as deep as the length of the seed and redicle.

When in paper towel on the plate i wet everything but then i run all that water off leaving the towel nice and moist,
next day add some more water for you'll see and feel the paper towel has dried a little.

A day or 2 later their ready for their new homes.
Sounds like you have a workable system, however I’m into simplicity and so far, just sticking the seeds in peat pellets and placing the tray in my tent has worked for me. Perhaps the soaking and/or the paper towel has a higher success rate but as long as they sell at least 4 seeds as a minimum and I can only grow two plants at a time, I will stick with the direct planting method.

StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney

Okay, so I guess I need to relax and wait. You are the only person who ive heard who said not yo use a dome! I thought high humidity was key.
Yes I've also had seeds take around week to sprout...2-3 days is quick to throw in the towel.
Any updates?

Rickcin

Rickcin

Crop King - GERMINATION INSTRUCTIONS This has never let me down.
USE ONLY spring bottled water

To germinate seeds always do the following and you will get 80%+.

-Place in a cup of room temperature bottled spring water for 14 to 18 hours. Sink them to the bottom with your finger. (if they don't' sink it is fine)
-After 18 hours (cracked or not cracked), remove and put them between folded paper towel on a dinner plate. Add water but do not drown the seeds. They should be touching moisture, air and warmth at the same time. Put into a warm and dark room.
-Apply water when the paper towel starts drying out. Wait 2 to 7 days and plant directly the 3/4 inch or 2cm tap root directly into soil.

DO NOT: Cover plate with another plate, use a zip lock bag, put in a closet or drawer as this traps in cold air and does not allow seeds to breathe.

DO NOT: Use peat pellets, heating pads, domes or rock wool as our breeders and our company tests our seeds daily using the above method.

EMERGENCY GERMINATION: If your seeds fail to germinate, it is most likely that they didn't get enough water. As a last effort, drop them into a cup of distilled water and leave them there until you notice a tap root appearing. When it appears, start over with the paper towel method until the tap root is 1/2 inch long.

Your success and satisfaction is important to us. Please follow the cup of water/paper towel method.
See Rocketseeds.com germination instructions.
Hope this helps you.
Ron
What is the ideal temperature when in the paper towels? Our house is usually no warmer than 68 to 70 degrees and cooler at night so would I Yvette to cover with (in zip lock) plates and put on a heating mat?

TonyMac2020

TonyMac2020

Kyle Kushman suggests using sea kelp extract (a dab) in your glass of water to aid in your taproot emerging. I'm trying to pop some seeds soon and I'm trying it can't hurt huh

Latest posts

Top Bottom