Need Help Asap Bennies In Uc

• Thread starter babyhughie586
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
babyhughie586

babyhughie586

To anyone that has used bennies in their UC take a look at these pics... My plants have been in my UC with bennies for 24hrs do these roots look alright??? I was expecting a brown tinge to the roots but this just doesn't look right to me.. I'm seriously considering taken the bennies out and going back to the sterile route.. Please anyone that has experience let me know if this is normal.. I'm freakin out maaan

The first pic is right after I took the plant out of my pre-veg bubble tray using CS Roots..

The second pic is 24hrs in caps bennies

Need help asap bennies in uc
Need help asap bennies in uc 2

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Alright well after looking at all the plants that one seems to be the worst.. I should note that I have to trim some of the roots because they were all tangled up with one another... Could the brownish be dead roots that belonged to a different plant and they are dying now???

The plants are all very healthy no problems at all its just brown roots worry me because shit can go bad in a matter of 24 hours... Here's a pic of the plants and of one of the other plants
roots

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

No bro your good! Does it smell like rotting potatos? If not the roots are most likely just stained from the nutes like your toung after a now&later candy. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I myself wouldnt worry keep rockin the tea. I havent used it in my UC yet but this next round Im going to. I think if yas start out using tea in your bubble tray the transition will be much better

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

No bro your good! Does it smell like rotting potatos? If not the roots are most likely just stained from the nutes like your toung after a now&later candy. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
no it doesnt smell at all.. i think im just gonna check on it the next few days to see if it gets worse.. Its pry just me trippin out

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

I myself wouldnt worry keep rockin the tea. I havent used it in my UC yet but this next round Im going to. I think if yas start out using tea in your bubble tray the transition will be much better
i am most deffinatly gonna use it in my bubble tray next time, i wouldve done it this time but i already had CS roots in it and its hard for me to drain100% of the water in the tray and i didnt want to risk mixing the 2...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
my roots are always tan FWIW baby.

Not a good idea to trim roots though if you can help it. That can leave room for infection whether you are runnin sterile or live.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

my roots are always tan FWIW baby.

Not a good idea to trim roots though if you can help it. That can leave room for infection whether you are runnin sterile or live.
Thanks cap.. i really didnt want to trim the roots but i had no choice.. It was my first time i used my bubble tray and i left them in a bit to long.. I tried to untangle them by hand but it just wasnt possible.. i think what im gonna do today is fill my bathtub up with water and take the plants and roots and dip dunk and shimmy them around in the water to hopefully extract the cut dead roots...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yeah tearing roots is no bueno. You may want to try switching from a bubble tray and just vegging them in the net pot. Let the roots air prune and fill the pot, then when you transfer them the roots should hit the water in 3 days. I ran a bubble tray or whatever you want to call it and I find its better to just veg them in the netpot for exactly this reason.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Yeah tearing roots is no bueno. You may want to try switching from a bubble tray and just vegging them in the net pot. Let the roots air prune and fill the pot, then when you transfer them the roots should hit the water in 3 days. I ran a bubble tray or whatever you want to call it and I find its better to just veg them in the netpot for exactly this reason.
im not sure what you mean "just veg them in the net pot"... in the bubble tray they are in their 8" net pots then when they are big enough i put them right into the system.. i dont like putting the clones straight in my UC because i got 2kw on tiny little clones, theres alot of wasted light... ill post a pic in a minute showing my bubble tray

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

Here's my pre veg bubble tray sitting in 8" net pots under a 4ft 2 bulb t-5 sorry if the pic is sideways I can't figure out how to change the pic.. Next time I'm just gonna pre veg them a shorter period of time and check the roots more often.. With these I was only checking once a week

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yeah man you can't get lazy with this shit. You should check every day. I feel that vegging without the water in the tray would give you airprunign and a bigger root mass int he pot itself. Something I personally find beneficial.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

im not lazy i actually was checking daily but i only checked around the edges like in that second picture.. The roots are barely visible you can only see a few so i thought i was safe.. however the middle of the tray was packed with roots, i couldnt even see the bottom of the tray..

I wanted to let you know the darkish brown spots in my roots have vanished they all have just a slight brown tint and are growing like crazy..Healthy new fishbone roots now.. I can honestly say that the plants have grown noticeably bigger in 24 hours... I dont want to say for sure just yet but it looks like ill be a customer of yours for years to come.. You may also gain business from some of my friends as well...

One quick question though, my temps get a little hot in the summer i try to keep my water temps at 66-68 however sometimes they get a little higher like around 70-72.. Is that okay using the bennies?? last year i was struggling to keep a sterile rez with those temps.. its really the main reason why i switched this year to your bennies because ive read that the bennies actually thrive in 70-72 degree waters.. Is their any truth to that?? What is the ideal water temp with bennies??

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
im not lazy i actually was checking daily but i only checked around the edges like in that second picture.. The roots are barely visible you can only see a few so i thought i was safe.. however the middle of the tray was packed with roots, i couldnt even see the bottom of the tray..

I wanted to let you know the darkish brown spots in my roots have vanished they all have just a slight brown tint and are growing like crazy..Healthy new fishbone roots now.. I can honestly say that the plants have grown noticeably bigger in 24 hours... I dont want to say for sure just yet but it looks like ill be a customer of yours for years to come.. You may also gain business from some of my friends as well...

One quick question though, my temps get a little hot in the summer i try to keep my water temps at 66-68 however sometimes they get a little higher like around 70-72.. Is that okay using the bennies?? last year i was struggling to keep a sterile rez with those temps.. its really the main reason why i switched this year to your bennies because ive read that the bennies actually thrive in 70-72 degree waters.. Is their any truth to that?? What is the ideal water temp with bennies??

The ideal root temp for plants is actually toward the 80 degree mark, but in a UC system this is NOT a good idea due to the fact that warmer temps result in decreased O2. I would say 68 or lower for any RDWC. Chiller is a must my brother.

Yes the bennies thrive in warmer conditions, but when they thrive they also consume o2 that your plant roots need as well. You are better off with colder water. You will have less chance of developing an anaerobic situation and rotted roots.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

The ideal root temp for plants is actually toward the 80 degree mark, but in a UC system this is NOT a good idea due to the fact that warmer temps result in decreased O2. I would say 68 or lower for any RDWC. Chiller is a must my brother.

Yes the bennies thrive in warmer conditions, but when they thrive they also consume o2 that your plant roots need as well. You are better off with colder water. You will have less chance of developing an anaerobic situation and rotted roots.
This isnt my first run in a UC ive been growing in it for over 2 years.. I have a chiller it just struggles to keep 68 in the summer.. I would love to get an a/c and a bigger chiller however i dont have enough amperage to run either one, my 30amps are just about maxxed out... my water has been at 70 degrees for a week now and everything is good so i guess we will just see how it goes... One thing i know for sure is i feel safer running your bennies in 70 degree water than i do running a sterile system in 70 degree water..

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

I have seen people rotate frozen 2l pop bottles into a res for an aeroponic setup and it worked great for them. I have no experience with this working In the epicenter of an UC system but as long as everything is clean I don't see a problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

I did that^^ before I got my DIY chiller up and running. But staying on top of it is a pain in the ass.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

I have seen people rotate frozen 2l pop bottles into a res for an aeroponic setup and it worked great for them. I have no experience with this working In the epicenter of an UC system but as long as everything is clean I don't see a problem, correct me if I'm wrong.
I did try this my first grow in the UC.. But the 2 liters would only stay frozen for about an hour and it hardly dropped the water temp.. I have a 1/10th HP chiller but it just struggles in the hott summer months june/july/august especially in veg when they need 18hrs light.. Quite honestly though even with my water temp being a little high my plants are looking fantastic I will take a few pics tonight showing the how much theyve grown in the past week..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
1/10 HP chiller is unacceptable IMHO. Be careful, a crash will happen fast. I say step up to at least 1/2 HP.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How big is that bathroom???

That bathroom setup almost tops shadys!!! Nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom