Need help asap

• Thread starter Ghosty420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ghosty420

Thanks for the advise on the tank that sounds interesting, and yeah I want to defiantly take the grow indoors as soon as summer is over! I’m on a tight budget right now, but waiting for summer to finish will give me the time to raise funds for some decent equipment, I’ve got 3 auto Kalashnikov females growing aswell rn but there only seedlings, as soon as everything is finished outside that’s when I’m ready to go indoors, I get paid once a month and I really fucked up this month tbh but yeah😂
But will defiantly have a couple plants outdoor every summer😂

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

But will defiantly have a couple plants outdoor every summer😂
I completely get it!!
Cuz I'm in the same boat😅🤣😂
The best advice is that book be4 ANYTHING else. Mainly because it will hlp break everything dwn 4 you. You dnt want to regret any impulsive buys.
Do you have a basement to grow in?
Indoor is where the $$ out can really become overwhelming. Even keeping it cheap.
Most importantly and I'll tell you how I was told. No offense either
Keep it simple! Stupid.
I'm sure ur not stupid but it did put the whole k.i.s.s. into a new perspective!! To say the least
That book will even lay out or hlp you lat out a design & best recommended equipment.
For example what kind of light are u considering?

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Just to give u a general idea of what I'm reaching at.
In veg:
you'll want a metal halide, ceramic metal halide (mh-cmh)& or blues n whites
In bloom:
High pressure sodium (hps) & or reds
Not all led are created equal.
Next would be the size or wattage of bulb & ballasts.
Proven fact you'll have better productivity & output w three (3) 600watt setups. Vs.
Two (2) 1000watt setups.. extra footprint produces far exceeds the little extra power.
Then the hood or fixture for the bulbs.
You can control heat better by using a "hood"
Wich also restricts the lumens.
Best fixtures are "parabolic" but can be very expensive for good quality.
Using a simple "drop bulb" style fixtures w a longer aftermarket cord. (Long enough to keep the ballast out of your growing area)
Wich brings up e VERY critical step
Choosing your environment
Good rule of thumb being, would you want to hangout & be comfortable in that area for long periods of time??
Clean,dry,fresh air, etc & prepping that area.
Wich should really be in the early phases now. 1st spraying EVERYTHING w bleach water. Cleaning the piss outta the area & painting with a good flat white primer.
These are just a few things to consider starting inside.
VERY MOST IMPORTANCE
is finding great genetics to start with.
I'm here to hlp man plz hmu

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Rootsruler that garage looks crazy😂 I hope I get to that level ! Some LST I done today
Looks good! 👍

I would start to think about transplanting into a larger pot that has more depth for the roots to grow down into. Your media is a bit shallow from the looks of it. It looks like you planted your plant in a mop bucket. If you have a nursery anywhere near you see if they'll give you a few of their 3 or 5 gallon buckets. If you're going to grow outside planting in early spring and harvesting in late September/early October(NorCal outdoor grower schedule) I would go with at least a 10 gal bucket.

If you decide to try photoperiod seeds look to establish a mother plant. It will make your life much easier as you won't have to sex the plant. All guaranteed females. You will need to learn to propagate but that should be something every grower should know how to do.

FlyinEagle

FlyinEagle

Get a fabric pot and soil that contains peat, loam, perlite.
If you want to just grow neat looking pot plants with Dr Suess looking buds then grow Ruderalis.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Thanks for the advise on the tank that sounds interesting, and yeah I want to defiantly take the grow indoors as soon as summer is over! I’m on a tight budget right now, but waiting for summer to finish will give me the time to raise funds for some decent equipment, I’ve got 3 auto Kalashnikov females growing aswell rn but there only seedlings, as soon as everything is finished outside that’s when I’m ready to go indoors, I get paid once a month and I really fucked up this month tbh but yeah😂
I had a job that paid twice a month. Not biweekly... the 15th and the 30th.

Damn near killed myself over it.

I dont know how anyone can survive a once a month paycheck. You're a stronger person than I.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

I had a job that paid twice a month. Not biweekly... the 15th and the 30th.

Damn near killed myself over it.

I dont know how anyone can survive a once a month paycheck. You're a stronger person than I.
It's not easy!!

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

You shouldn't trim up and lollipop an autoflower like that. Just leave the whole thing go next time.

Thats why it stalled. You took all that lower growth too much too soon and she said ouch.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

That was too small a plant to start trimming the lowers and carving up like that.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

You shouldn't trim up and lollipop an autoflower like that. Just leave the whole thing go next time.

Thats why it stalled. You took all that lower growth too much too soon and she said ouch.
That was too small a plant to start trimming the lowers and carving up like that.

IIRC, this is the first time he's done ANY training. It looks like a long stalk because of the conditions he had them in. Being that low in the bucket shields it from getting direct sunlight so the plant stretched for sun. At least that is what I think may have happened and is why it looks that way.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I see a 2 foot plant with at least 4 removed nodes. Whether he did it yesterday or a few weeks ago.
If it wasn't stunted before that I'd say that part didn't help...
you know like the 33% rule. Looks like he stretched the 33% rule a tad. Also you're supposed to wait a lot longer.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I see a 2 foot plant with at least 4 removed nodes. Whether he did it yesterday or a few weeks ago.
If it wasn't stunted before that I'd say that part didn't help...
Ghosty? What's the verdict? 😄

If you want to do LST training these are handy to have around....

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Exactly. He should have just used one of those thingies and watch all that plant be useful instead of gone.

Aren't autos supposed to just bush out by themselves anyway.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I'm sure that is a very good method for small grows but when you have to water down 100 transplants the method I described is very effective and saves a lot of time.

BTW you are correct. I think they call it hydrophobia?
You're right. I was thinking of my few plants. 100 plants would surely be very different from I'm doing.

Hydrophobia is a fear of water. Maybe hydrology? I worked in a water plant a long time ago and that work involved knowing about stuff like this. Of course, I've forgotten most of it by now.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

You're right. I was thinking of my few plants. 100 plants would surely be very different from I'm doing.

Hydrophobia is a fear of water. Maybe hydrology? I worked in a water plant a long time ago and that work involved knowing about stuff like this. Of course, I've forgotten most of it by now.
LOL! My Bad! I should've said "Hydrophobic" not Hydrophobia!

hy·dro·pho·bic
[ˌhīdrəˈfōbik]

ADJECTIVE
hydrophobic (adjective)
  1. tending to repel or fail to mix with water. The opposite of hydrophilic.
    synonyms:
    rabies-infected · mad · foaming at the mouth
  2. of or suffering from hydrophobia.

TrublsmScholar

TrublsmScholar

I tried out these ones, big and small. Adjustable Plant Bender-Make Your Plant Grow in Any Direction https://a.co/d/2cw0Noi

While they are not an end all solution and at first I thought they were quite useless and impractical I have found them to be quite useful and convenient here and there, especially on rogue branches.

Top Bottom