Need help! Buffering coco input ph 5.8 runoff coming out 4.7

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

I am buffering my coco just a couple 1 gal pots. Using mother earth 70/30 coco pearlite buffering with 1.2 EC of cal-mag. Dont know why my runoff is coming so low. Should I be worried about this?

Plan on transplanting tomorrow or next day.

This is my first time actually checking runoff of a buffer so I have no idea if its normal or not.

K

Kamisama

yes, u should.
Have u tried watering with neutral PH to stabilize it?
Dont u add too much of cal-mag, when its 1.2EC? Thats a lot for just cal-mag I think.

Siz

Siz

Honestly I dont believe this guy has a phd. Calls himself DR Coco but cant pronounce cation the correct way. Really gets me to think… lol

There are a few youtuber’s that I am really skeptical about. I follow people who show their grows and product post harvest. All these people trying to confuse us with all these scientific terms just make it wayyy too complicated imo.

I do my own research many different places and try methods to see what works for me and try not to be stuck in one way.

K

Kamisama

Literally followed that video, and i used same cal-mag idk why he input so much. This is my first time doing it like this. I have ran over 10 gals of 5.8 ph’d cal-mag water and thats what i am getting.

Throwing me way off -__-
Try watering without calmag then. If u r not in flower, u can calmag with same ph foliar.

Do u have run off 1.2EC or before u water with calmag?

Siz

Siz

Try watering without calmag then. If u r not in flower, u can calmag with same ph foliar.

Do u have run off 1.2EC or before u water with calmag?
Im week 2 in veg about to transplant from solo cup to 1 gal. I was just washing the coco because i had a bag left over it had dried out a bit.

I had watched that video and followed. My EC in and out is the same. I washed coco to 0 then added cal-mag. Did a buffer yesterday let sit overnight and did another today.

I have never checked this is my first time and my runoff ec and ph for my plant is great. I just dont want to shock them during the transplant

45F05EB1 FB1C 41BE A6D4 A09F12DF6A89

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

You can ask the company but pre-bagged product like that is almost always buffered already. If it's unused then 'drying out' does not require you to go through the entire buffering process again. The Ca/Mg dosage is that high because it's assuming for dirty coco; yes it might be 'too high' for you in that you're effectively wasting some, but putting in too little means you're not actually doing the job. And if you really want to avoid transplant shock then you should be preloading the target media with the nutrient solution you're feeding your plants now, not a buffering solution.

Top Bottom