NEED HELP cns17 grow with coco VEG

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

ive been using it for a year now and honestly i cant find a good ppm im used to using canna coco A AND B and that works fine and i have to go back to canna A B ......... because i cant GET MY PLANTS TO LOOK OK they get grey leaves but keep growing with the cns just really unhealthy most fan leaves die within 4 weeks im talking fried and im doing like 300 ppm to year old plants in 1 gallon containers

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I've heard good things about cns17 for coco, maybe you should transplant into a bigger pot?? Have you checked the EC of your run-off to see if there is too much salt buildup??

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Yea. Pics would be great. Hate to say it bro but u might have a critter problem. Or if u've had the same plants in the same gallies for a year, maybe they are root bound. Pics please.

Goldenrod

Goldenrod

ive been using that cns 17 for a couple years now & i encounter the same necroptic look to my fan leaves midway into flower. ive tried many variations on the nute schedual but results the same. recently decided to switch to the heavy 16 line of nutes. good luck farmer.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have been using it for a few years straight. I have never had this problem.
Irun 7-10 gallon smart pots with coco and some perlite. water 3 times a day and the coco never dries.

What is your water/ feed schedule?
Do you let the coco dry out at all between feedings?

I hope you can figure it out. good luck

H

hogan400

+1 smokey503ski, same here. No issues and great success.
Check for root aphids!!
Check ur runoff as lex0415 mentioned.
Are you using any other products as well? Its possible they're expired, like a bad cal-mag?!
If ur meter is new or old you may need to recalibrate it. Its possible you're over/under feeding if your meters off. Also consider it with the ph meter if you did'nt already. Get back to basics ya know.....just in case you overlooked something.

My veg cns version is simple, and it works with great success.
week1 veg: cns17, 400-450 @ 6.1
week2 veg: cns17, 500-650 @6.1
week 3 veg: 1ml micro, then 600-800 @6.0
week4 same as above:
week5 same as above with 1/2 tsp epsoms.
Water heavy to rinse thru at least 15-20% of runoff. you wanna clear out any excess salts, if you decide to flush, then do it at 50-60% of strength and you should have no stress. If you change foods mid cycle, flush well (100% of container volume) with the similar strength. Some foods have products that dont play well with others when switching.

NO ADDITIONAL, CAL-MAG, OR CALCIUM PRODUCT IS NEEDED! Contrary to what people say.

cns17 coco is good but lacks micros, the micro I use is the cheapest I found retail available anywhere nationwide: advanced nutes iguana micro, roughly 15$ Epsoms come from costco in a blue box and cost 7.50.
Im not gonna start a whole calcium issue discussion, and why its so improperly used with coco medium, but skip it if you are using it, and if its cloudy, toss it. Good wishes.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Hey Hogan, you use the cns17 ripe for late flower?

I go with a higher ppm level in veg.
week 1: 650ppm 5.6 ph
week 2: 750-800ppm 5.6 ph
week 3: 1000ppm 5.7 ph

Flower I push them a little bit.
week 1: 950ppm through week 6 to 1400pm bumping it up each res change.
switch to Cns17 Ripe
week 7: 1200ppm 5.6 ph
week 8: 900ppm 5.6ph

H

hogan400

No ripe any more, I use cch2o booster now. It's spendy, but clean and works perfect for me! My thc/cbd test results were significantly better. I do brew a tea weekly til week 5 of bloom however.

I use co2 and imagine you do with the ppms you noted. I don't push quite that hard. I have before, but noticed a cleaner end product with the lighter feed schedule using cch2o booster. I prefer shorter Indica hybrids as well, and they didn't like it over 1200 for me. Lol

You get solid results with the lower ph ranges in veg 503ski? pdx area?
I'm 360 across the bridge and our water isn't as nice! I can't get it to buffer lower and have great results. At 6.1 the ladies are happiest over here. In Oregon, my friends report 5.7-5.9 was best and they have cleaner water too...

Good input, makes the world a better place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom