Need Help Designing Rdwc

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

Hi all. Been a while since Ave been on here but am bk and looking to make a rdwc system I have done dwc before with great results then I moved to coco as I started 15 regular seeds and got 6 female (2 Tangie 2 lemon 2 sagon star) no bad two of each kind what are in flowering now so want to make this now system because I have took cutting of all and I'm going to keep one the best Tangie for mom and one of the other two probs the lemon
Ryt now bk to why I am on here lol. I have done a lot of reading and I understand how they and that. it's just the layout and pipes length I'm not sure on.
So here my plan

I going to use 2 30lbuckets 1 30lres rectangular buckets
32mm pipe for returns
15mm pipe for water pump to each bucket
500lph to 1000lph water pump
Not going to go into detail on parts as it not a diy lol
3x3x6 space was a built in wardrobe I extended lol so the door frame is ther so only really like 80x90 space to work with and the tubs are 35 wide by 40 long 25 high not much space for pipes want the tubs are in and I want to keep most of the floor clear of lots of pipes lol so I have space to get in and stand well crawl lol. about and to the back of plant I am going to do scrog and don't want a chance of standing on them and bursting them lol I also have a bit of a problem with door on the right side as my cool tube ducting gone through it so it doesn't open right up just opens a little bit another reason I don't want a lot of pipes and hers the rest of my set up
600w in cool tube
6in rvk for cooltube
4inch rvk intake
4inch rvk outage with cf
Fan speed controller with temp control on it
Room temp sits at 26c unless it really hot outside
Outside

So my plan is to have the res out side grow and both buckets in the center with one pipe joining them to gather side to side with the drain coming out one side so my questions are
DOSE EACH BUCKET NEED ITS OWN DRAIN?
DO THE DRAIN LINE HAVE TO BE THE SAME LENGTHS?
CAN YOU HAVE THE DRAINS JOINT TOGETHER IN A LINE TO ONE LINE IN THE RES?

AND THE SAME FOR THE FILL LINES
ALSO DO THE FILL LINE HAVE TO BE ABOVE WATER?

THE REASON I ASK ABOUT THE LEVEN OF THE FILL LINE IS I DONT WANT THE NOISE OF RUNNING WATER LOL I KNOW ITS GOOD FOR DO BUT ITS JUST FOR MIXING TGE NUTES DOSE IT REALY HAVE TO BE ABOVE WATER?
I WILL HAVE AIR PUMPS IN THE SYSYTEM AND I HAVE MADE MY AIR PUMS SILENT I CANT HEAR THEM EVEN WHEN MY FANS ARE OFF

Sorry for the capitals but it just to get the main question seen if people don't want to read the rest as it is a long ree but I have to try get most of what I can in to it lol so you guys understand what I mean

I have a couple a pice of the way I want to run it will you tell me if ther are any major flaws in them lol. so the first pic is the one that I really want as it will use the least floor space just not sure if it would flow right
pic 2 Isnt much different from the first but has own drains

Pic 3 is of a urdwc with is a bit different and would take up more of the space but I know will definitely work

RED PIPE IS RETURN
BLUE PIPE IS FILL LINE
Third pic colours are back to front lol

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS AND ANY HELP YOU MAY HAVE AND AGAIN SORRY FOR THE LONG READ

Need help designing rdwc
Need help designing rdwc 2
Need help designing rdwc 3
stutter

stutter

they would all work fine but i would recommend you switch the fill and return lines for the URDWC.

i just finished a hybrid undercurrent, DWC, top feed drip system that is unreal, super fast growth and very low maintenance

stutter

stutter

i know its not what your after but i thought i would share a pic or 2 anyway as im very proud of my monster

IMG 8381 zpsgyucrzi5

no airstones at all and is virtually silent with the lid on the control bucket.

IMG 8442 zpsjvxy1isw

4 weeks later from seed. with the lid off you can see the flume which generates d/o. with the lid on you can barely hear it. i was going to have waterfarm risers in each bucket thats why the white pipes are there but they were very loud and like you stealth is important to me

the top half the buckets is filled with clay balls and is constant drip fed so i can start clones and seeds straight in there without messing with fill levels or hand watering etc, the lower half the bucket is Undercurrent. the pump cycles the full volume of water every 3 minutes so plenty of d/o and no need for airstones.

S

Shivaskunk

I'm stuck on dwc lol. Like the setup stutter nice diy

Just a few q's in your res how high is the flume above water line?
Are both of you feed and drain lines from the undercurrent part under water or is that what's creating the flume?
How do you get into the two at the back trim them? Do you trim them?

I know about the line in the urdwc lol. But I would rather yous the one in the first pic good to hear the would all work just because of space of getting into the room lol

If I was to use the setup from pic 1 could I have the feed lines under water or do the have to be above the water line

Thanks

stutter

stutter

the flume is only about 2-3 inchs above water line, its actually a pond water feature spout so i can adjust the size of the flume if i want it dead quiet i can make it so it sprays out to the sides of the bucket and runs down instead of splashing back in.

if your not using a pond spout thing like i did just finish your outlet pipe just under the water so your flume just gurgles on the top it doesnt actually splash if that makes sense.

yes both lines are under water, the larger diameter rigid pipe is the feed, it is not under pressure, gravity alone pushes water into the buckets, the smaller diameter line joins in at the back and runs back to the pump in the control bucket so water is pulled through the system instead of pushed then it is pumped up to the flume.

IMG 8341 zpsoqhrzvzj

so in this pic you can see the black line in the T at the back of the system, that goes back to the pump which pulls water from there and pumps it up to the flume, so you can see it is pulling the water through rather than pushing. just like in a proper undercurrent system.

as for trimming i havnt been trimming them as this was just a run to find a female and get some clones. but i can walk all around the outside of my plants in the tent.

S

Shivaskunk

Great thanks wish I cold walk round mine can only get in from the doors lol
I know you use the flume in your res do and the drips from the pot to help.

But if you were to take your flume/water feature off the pump and leave it under water would it still work in the way as to mix nute between bucket so you only have to yous res to feed and that ? obviously you would have to add a airstones to the res for D.O
I think I know what you mean with the flume thing
like if a had half of it in the water n half of it out the water?
So basically the closer the feed to water line the less noise it will make?

stutter

stutter

yeah basically if the end of the outlet pipe is just below the water it will still disrupt the surface and create d/o and mix your nutrient etc because its pulling water out of the bottom of the bucket and returning it to the top. if making nutrient changes in the res just give it 10 mins between each step so that it mixes right through all your buckets. im not going to say you dont need airstones because most people will tell you that you do and if your not sure then its a good idea to have them in there but in my system i move enough water through my flume to create massive amounts of d/o my pump is way oversized.

S

Shivaskunk

Great thank. That was one thing I could not really get ma head around lol I am planning on having airstones in ther anyway it just more of a noise thing just have to these ones flowerd and the parts to build it now

Top Bottom