Need help diagnosing my plant please

• Thread starter BillNye88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BillNye88

Alright so I'm new to this site and newish to growing. Currently on my third indoor grow.

Strain: Platinum huckleberry cookies, 50 days since sprout

Medium: 1 part coco, 1 part promix veg and herb(peat moss, peat humus, gypsum, perlite, ground limestone, mycorrhizae), 1 part ewc, 1 part perlite(bc the promix has very little perlite). I amended this mix with Dr. Earth 463

Light: 600w photontek running at 25% for first 4 hours of daylight then at 50% for the remaining 14hrs, light is 20in above canopy

Rh/Temps: Day time Rh: 50%-60% Night time Rh: 60%-65%. Day time temp: 77°-81° Night time temp: 68°-72°

Grow room: 8ft by 4ft by 7ft, it is well ventilated with a 6in exhaust fan and 4in intake fan along with a oscillating fan.

I've only topdressed this plant with EWC.. at one point I did let my soil become pritty dry. That's when I top dressed the ewc and gave her a gallon of water(plant is in a 5gal pot) which was 7days ago.. I use mostly spring water from a mountain tap but I have used my tap water once which I did pH bc my tap is 7.9. I don't pH the spring water though it varies from 6.8-7.1 depending on rainfall. Ppm of my tap was 130. Ppm of spring water is always 11.. the leaves started looking a little funky about 3 weeks ago with slight canoeing and leaf tip burn. It's been progressively getting worse though.
Need help diagnosing my plant please 3
Need help diagnosing my plant please
Need help diagnosing my plant please 2

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
What pH are you feeding them at? Looks like pH is way too high. I'm not certain on that pro mix version I've never used it myself so maybe someone else can chime in. But I would check the pH of your runoff and post back with the results before we can dig into this any further.

802growz

802growz

Raise your light this is an auto right ? And personally I’d only water at a max of 15% and if it’s living soil do you water until run off , if you ph your water I’d check that and make adjustments, you have a few issues but the fun part is learning and getting through them good luck

B

BillNye88

What pH are you feeding them at? Looks like pH is way too high. I'm not certain on that pro mix version I've never used it myself so maybe someone else can chime in. But I would check the pH of your runoff and post back with the results before we can dig into this any further.
I have only fed them water and I don't normally pH the water bc the pH is between 6.8 and 7.1 depending on rainfall, as I get my water from a mountain tap. My last watering though I used my town tap water for the first time bc I was in a pinch and couldn't get spring water and I did pH that water down to 6.8 .. I will test my run off tomorrow when I water though to see what it is. I have a accurate 8 soil meter that is reading 6.6 to 6.8 in various spots of the pot..

B

BillNye88

Raise your light this is an auto right ? And personally I’d only water at a max of 15% and if it’s living soil do you water until run off , if you ph your water I’d check that and make adjustments, you have a few issues but the fun part is learning and getting through them good luck
No it is a photoperiod. I usually do 10% to 15% myself. I used a gallon this last time bc I had let the soil dry out far too much so I top dressed the ewc and I wanted to make sure I got it good and saturated that was 4days ago and tomorrow morning I'll definitely be watering again.. I don't normally get much run off if any, besides this last time when I gave it a gallon I got a good bit.. you're right though I love learning but I don't wanna kill my plants doing it 😂. My first two grows were fairly successful so I knew this coming.

B

BillNye88

Ya and consider the light, looks like heat stress but could be compounding things. Double check everything , ph , 36-40 inches looks good on the website
I just put my light up to 36in from canopy. I feel like it's compounding things as well.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Do you add any regular microbes to your soil? After the soil dried out it might help your situation to get them built back up in there to regulate the soil pH and break down all those nutrients. I use recharge, some homemade lacto solution, and EM-1 weekly. Last time I had leaves that did that was from too much EC in my soil, raising the lights didn’t help.

The3luedevil666

The3luedevil666

Alright so I'm new to this site and newish to growing. Currently on my third indoor grow.

Strain: Platinum huckleberry cookies, 50 days since sprout

Medium: 1 part coco, 1 part promix veg and herb(peat moss, peat humus, gypsum, perlite, ground limestone, mycorrhizae), 1 part ewc, 1 part perlite(bc the promix has very little perlite). I amended this mix with Dr. Earth 463

Light: 600w photontek running at 25% for first 4 hours of daylight then at 50% for the remaining 14hrs, light is 20in above canopy

Rh/Temps: Day time Rh: 50%-60% Night time Rh: 60%-65%. Day time temp: 77°-81° Night time temp: 68°-72°

Grow room: 8ft by 4ft by 7ft, it is well ventilated with a 6in exhaust fan and 4in intake fan along with a oscillating fan.

I've only topdressed this plant with EWC.. at one point I did let my soil become pritty dry. That's when I top dressed the ewc and gave her a gallon of water(plant is in a 5gal pot) which was 7days ago.. I use mostly spring water from a mountain tap but I have used my tap water once which I did pH bc my tap is 7.9. I don't pH the spring water though it varies from 6.8-7.1 depending on rainfall. Ppm of my tap was 130. Ppm of spring water is always 11.. the leaves started looking a little funky about 3 weeks ago with slight canoeing and leaf tip burn. It's been progressively getting worse though.
View attachment 1236523View attachment 1236521View attachment 1236522
You need to ph you water!!! There is no point growing if you don't adjust your ph... soil 6.2 hydro 5 .8...

20220416 215610
B

BillNye88

Do you add any regular microbes to your soil? After the soil dried out it might help your situation to get them built back up in there to regulate the soil pH and break down all those nutrients. I use recharge, some homemade lacto solution, and EM-1 weekly. Last time I had leaves that did that was from too much EC in my soil, raising the lights didn’t help.
I haven't added any other microbes. I figured since my soil dried up by top dressing a couple inches of ewc before saturating the pots would help. I don't have any recharge ATM. I have some great white mycorrhizae.. Sorry for my ignorance but what exactly is a lacto solution and EM-1? I'm going to test my run off today though to check the pH and I'll check the EC as well..

Moshmen

Moshmen

first mistake in my opinion is you mixed coco and promix two different growing medias that perform differently - next grow pick one , personally for reliability and ease of growing I’d pick promix to start add the 25% perlite . The promix has buffers to work with your water but that’s another day.

watering - what is the ppm/ec of the tap? Spring water ok but full of minerals and again not consistent, if you can’t use your tap it would be best to use ro or purified.

humidity swings , heat/light stress , and ph could be the cause of your taco leaves .

how often are you watering/ feeding ?

B

BillNye88

It’s not living soil! Promix and coco

first mistake in my opinion is you mixed coco and promix two different growing medias that perform differently - next grow pick one , personally for reliability and ease of growing I’d pick promix to start add the 25% perlite . The promix has buffers to work with your water but that’s another day.

watering - what is the ppm/ec of the tap? Spring water ok but full of minerals and again not consistent, if you can’t use your tap it would be best to use ro or purified.

humidity swings , heat/light stress , and ph could be the cause of your taco leaves .

how often are you watering/ feeding ?
Totally agree. I've already told myself I'm not using the coco my next run! Wanted to steer away from it anyway but I had it left over and didn't want to just toss it.. also I'm not using perlite next time either, as I just picked up some pumice and ricehulls.

Ppm of the spring water is 11 consistently (assuming that's mostly lime bc mountains are full of limestone) the Ec is .022.. my town tap water ppm is 130 and ec is .26

I water every 3-4days. I have not brewed any sort of tea to feed as of yet. Should I check the run off ppm and ec before I consider to feed her? I'm worried my EC could be high and don't wanna screw things up more. Like I said I'm new to this though. That's why I'm here. Swallowing my pride lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

Totally agree. I've already told myself I'm not using the coco my next run! Wanted to steer away from it anyway but I had it left over and didn't want to just toss it.. also I'm not using perlite next time either, as I just picked up some pumice and ricehulls.

Ppm of the spring water is 11 consistently (assuming that's mostly lime bc mountains are full of limestone) the Ec is .022.. my town tap water ppm is 130 and ec is .26

I water every 3-4days. I have not brewed any sort of tea to feed as of yet. Should I check the run off ppm and ec before I consider to feed her? I'm worried my EC could be high and don't wanna screw things up more. Like I said I'm new to this though. That's why I'm here. Swallowing my pride lol
So I’m guessing but I think your tap water alone should be fine - may have to add some calmag or mayb not we will get there .

ppm and ec are basically the same thing in different forms of measurements - I would like to know your runoff ppm and even ph if you can

how often are you watering ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

When you say 1 part coco does that mean 30 % or 50 % of your media is coco ?

Top Bottom