Need help finding better nutes.

• Thread starter Dadman86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dadman86

Dadman86

I'm new to growing and need to find a good nute line to use. I'm using fox farms products now because I was gifted a whole bag of there products. Never gave full dose still burned plants. I'm thinking there's got to be a better product. I was gifted this for Christmas is it a decent brand.

Need help finding better nutes
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I personally use topical powered fertilizers. I find they’re a little cheaper and the bag lasts a long time. The only problem being they only work when growing in soil.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

If you are going with bottled nutes, just try not to get sucked in by the hype. It’s just n,p and k with some basic micros. The rest of your cost is mostly packaging and marketing. Not unusual for the mfg’s recommended dose to torch plants. I would work on getting them dialed as opposed to venturing down the nutrient rabbit hole. I say that not because I avoided said rabbit hole. I spent some years looking for “better” nutes. Realized that as I became a better grower and learned to read my plants, could produce similar results with about any decent nute line. Looking back, would have gotten better faster by focusing on the plant as opposed to the fertilizer. Just my $.02. Cheers

Dadman86

Dadman86

If you are going with bottled nutes, just try not to get sucked in by the hype. It’s just n,p and k with some basic micros. The rest of your cost is mostly packaging and marketing. Not unusual for the mfg’s recommended dose to torch plants. I would work on getting them dialed as opposed to venturing down the nutrient rabbit hole. I say that not because I avoided said rabbit hole. I spent some years looking for “better” nutes. Realized that as I became a better grower and learned to read my plants, could produce similar results with about any decent nute line. Looking back, would have gotten better faster by focusing on the plant as opposed to the fertilizer. Just my $.02. Cheers
I'm learning how to read them. I've got n covered. I read up on nutrients they need. Main 5 npk cal mag. So I bought this. Figured two out of five.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Compost Is def worth wile.
I got tons of backyard and read that composted soil has most bacteria life or microbial life that plants thrive in. We eat a lot of produce. Bananas strawberries oranges egg shells old coffee grounds. It's all free no Xtra cost. By next summer I could have my own living soil

Dadman86

Dadman86

Has anyone used this product.
Is it a stand alone bloom fertilizer.
Meaning that's all I need.

Screenshot 20240214 063232
Screenshot 20240214 063249
Z

Zill

Holt cow! that bloom stuff is expensive! $45/32 oz bottle for a 5-10-14 and few micros thrown in. That’s ridiculous.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I personally have not. I tend to avoid all in one flowering nutrients that have nitrogen in them. I want to be able to control the ratio of n throughout flowering. Heavy during stretch and taper to switch it all the way off at the end while I am still loading P and K pretty hard. That’s just me though.

Z

Zill

That’s exactly my strategy- I keep the plants at barely adequate nutrient levels. It allows a cleaner switch when dropping N2 for PO4.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I'm new to growing and need to find a good nute line to use. I'm using fox farms products now because I was gifted a whole bag of there products. Never gave full dose still burned plants. I'm thinking there's got to be a better product. I was gifted this for Christmas is it a decent brand.
So here it is the FULL line up for Advanced Nutes... it's a pricey brand but will blow fox farm out of the water....

However... I started with fox farm to learn how to use nutes... if your still burning plants with fox farm... you need to learn nute control 1st.... once I felt I got that down that's when I made the switch...

this was done on Advanced Nutes line up... my burn is from lighting... I have 6ft high ceilings

20240214 082040
20240209 192856
20240209 192931
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Canna Terra nutrients are greath very simple quality nutrients

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I've had great harvests with fox farm line up with minimal burning... if your gonna switch its just gonna keep happening...

I use FF at max of 50% dosage in mid to late veg and all thru flower...

Seedlings can wait 30 days before giving at max 1ml of nutes per gal and slowly rising over the weeks to that 50% marker

Dadman86

Dadman86

So here it is the FULL line up for Advanced Nutes... it's a pricey brand but will blow fox farm out of the water....

However... I started with fox farm to learn how to use nutes... if your still burning plants with fox farm... you need to learn nute control 1st.... once I felt I got that down that's when I made the switch...

this was done on Advanced Nutes line up... my burn is from lighting... I have 6ft high ceilings
I never gave full dose and burned them.
Than I starved them. I know to watch those bottom leaves now and lighter green wants nitrogen. I don't think I have enough bloom nutes to finish. I can get the rest of this set. Or stick with fox farms

Dadman86

Dadman86

I've had great harvests with fox farm line up with minimal burning... if your gonna switch its just gonna keep happening...

I use FF at max of 50% dosage in mid to late veg and all thru flower...

Seedlings can wait 30 days before giving at max 1ml of nutes per gal and slowly rising over the weeks to that 50% marker
I'm all over those half doses now. I fed them all half dose bloom cal mag. I would rather do like you said and learn the basics

N

Natep

Go organic it’s way easier. Buy build a soil 3.0. When you start into bloom top dress with the build a soil craft blend and worm casting. Then just water. You will get really good results with pretty minimal effort

Top Bottom