Need help identifying plant issues

• Thread starter FlyingToast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FlyingToast

Nutrients
Re: ec hasnt moved in 5 days
i managed to get my hands on some Deionized water,if it works the same as RO i can use it. how long do u want me to flush? and after that, what nutrients should i use to hit 0.6 EC (i use the general hydroponics flora trio+atami bloombastic and advanced nutrients cal mag) in what ratios should i use them(you dont have to be exact just let me know stuff like "use primarily nitrogen to achieve the 0.6EC or primarily bloom nutes" or something?

is 24 hours of deionized water flush enough or should i do more?

Also i only got 1 bucket worth of deionized water, should i use it, and after 1 day add nutrients to the same deionized water i used for the flush, or should i renew it with new deionized water WITH 0.6 ec nutes? if absolutely necessary i can buy more deionized water its just a big hassle for me, since im a disabled person

any information would be valuable to me, thank you

Last edited:
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

''The difference between reverse osmosis water and deionized water is the level of purity. Reverse osmosis removes solids to purify and improve the quality of drinking water, but the water is still saturated with salts and oxygen.

Deionized water removes these salts and oxygens, but the deionized process does not remove the dissolved solids found in the water. This is why it is common to combine reverse osmosis and deionized systems together to remove at least 95 percent of the impurities in your drinking water.''

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

i put a "bed " under the buckets to have them sit a little higher (cause i am a disabled person and i cant bend forward to care for them if the buckets are sitting on the ground..so yeah a couple weeks ago or less they were sitting under the same lighting conditions but 60+ inches away from the light (or 1.5m)

I use milk crates to raise or lower my plants. Top crate becomes the pot with a soft pot inside. Worked great for my last few grows but I’m in larger pots for this grow. Milk crates are about 14” square. I still use them outside for the garden.

I’m tall with a bad back and it beats laying on the ground to work on them!

Also work good as a frame for a 3 or 4 level compost.

F

FlyingToast

''The difference between reverse osmosis water and deionized water is the level of purity. Reverse osmosis removes solids to purify and improve the quality of drinking water, but the water is still saturated with salts and oxygen.

Deionized water removes these salts and oxygens, but the deionized process does not remove the dissolved solids found in the water. This is why it is common to combine reverse osmosis and deionized systems together to remove at least 95 percent of the impurities in your drinking water.''
so i understand that i can use deionized, since my other option is tap water with 0.3 EC ? it shouldn't be a problem?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

so i understand that i can use deionized, since my other option is tap water with 0.3 EC ? it shouldn't be a problem?
guess it depends on the ec of the deionized water, and to pump oxygen and nutrients into the water which you are doing anyway

F

FlyingToast

guess it depends on the ec of the deionized water, and to pump oxygen and nutrients into the water which you are doing anyway
it had an EC of 0.0, so i added some advanced nutrients flawless finish (10ml on 12 liters of water) and im gonna leave it there for a day, and hopefully till then y'all give me more info as to what's next

F

FlyingToast

can you by any chance answer to my previous message?

"
i managed to get my hands on some Deionized water,if it works the same as RO i can use it. how long do u want me to flush? and after that, what nutrients should i use to hit 0.6 EC (i use the general hydroponics flora trio+atami bloombastic and advanced nutrients cal mag) in what ratios should i use them(you dont have to be exact just let me know stuff like "use primarily nitrogen to achieve the 0.6EC or primarily bloom nutes" or something?

is 24 hours of deionized water flush enough or should i do more?

Also i only got 1 bucket worth of deionized water, should i use it, and after 1 day add nutrients to the same deionized water i used for the flush, or should i renew it with new deionized water WITH 0.6 ec nutes? if absolutely necessary i can buy more deionized water its just a big hassle for me, since im a disabled person

any information would be valuable to me, thank you"

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do not give your plant water with no nutrients… EVER. your light is too much back it way off. That is your problem 100%

F

FlyingToast

Do not give your plant water with no nutrients… EVER. your light is too much back it way off. T
Do not give your plant water with no nutrients… EVER. your light is too much back it way off. That is your problem 100%
i listened to what the others said and my plants are already in deionized water with advanced nutrients flawless finish for the last 3 hours, (0.1 EC)... should i make a fresh bucket again with like 0.6 ec?

if you really believe that PLEASE give me more info about what should i do and I WILL do it because i trust you more than anyone in here

if i am doing more harm than good please let me know asap, i will back off the light anyway , ill start with lowering by 25% (it will now be 50% of my 600w light)

F

FlyingToast

. your light is too much back it way off

ok i made a new bucket with 0.7 EC and lowered the light by 25% (previous EC was 1.4) let's hope for the best! (they were submerged in deionized water with AN flawless finish for about 3 hours , i rinsed the roots thoroughly before introducing new solution, i hope it doesn't create more problems)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lower light to 25% intensity. Better if you can download photone app and pay to unlock the LED. drop your ppfd to 150 until they recover.

ph down to 5.6 and it should not rise more that 0.2 in a 24 hr period if it does then let me know and we can correct that. Keep PH between 5.6-6.0.

EC 1.0-1.2

they should see noticeable signs of improvement with a few days. Then you can start to increase the light intensity a bit.

make sure you have decent air movement and shoot for around 60% humidity lights on.
are you using controllers for exh fans etc?

can you list your equipment and controllers

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Lower light to 25% intensity. Better if you can download photone app and pay to unlock the LED. drop your ppfd to 150 until they recover.

ph down to 5.6 and it should not rise more that 0.2 in a 24 hr period if it does then let me know and we can correct that. Keep PH between 5.6-6.0.

EC 1.0-1.2

they should see noticeable signs of improvement with a few days. Then you can start to increase the light intensity a bit.

make sure you have decent air movement and shoot for around 60% humidity lights on.
are you using controllers for exh fans etc?

can you list your equipment and controllers
Personally i wouldn't do a thing nute wise for a day.

Post #1, they were locked at 1.4 for 5 days.

Top Bottom