Need Help Identifying Plant/Leaf Issue...

• Thread starter crossfader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crossfader

crossfader

Hello, I'm trying to diagnose this but I don't have enough experience to figure out what's going on and to be honest I'm getting more confused the more I try to self diagnose. Here's the stats:

Issue slowly developed within last 2 weeks and seems to be worsening.

Approximately 5 week old Sour Tangie x Double Grape autoflower that was FIM'ed and LST'd under 600w blurple (100 true watts) 18" from light. 2x2 tent.
Need help identifying plantleaf issue

18/6 light schedule

Humidity: between 60-70%

Soil: Promix Mycorrhizae amended with worm castings and dolomite lime and perlite.

Nutients: Green Planet 3 Part
Feed Sched: Alternating Feed/Water

Watered last (on April 10) pH reading: 6.0 (didn't pH runoff last watering) and always water till runoff. I water when container is light...roughly every 5-6 days.

Foliar feed small amount of epsom every 2 weeks

I did a top dressing last watering with some worm castings and dolomite...that's when discoloration accelerated.

First time dealing with this, got me a bit nervous!

Any suggestions from the more experienced growers appreciated.

crossfader

crossfader

When I Google potassium deficiency, the pictures look pretty close to what I posted but would like second opinion if anyone can help!✌

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's kind of odd the way the leaves show the problem unevenly, while other leaves and leaflets don't show it at all. I wonder if it's a plant virus, like TMV?

crossfader

crossfader

Anyone else? At this point I'm thinking of just trashing it rather than stress over the problem because I'm clueless at this point. The more I read up on deficiency issues the more worked up I get.

crossfader

crossfader

I'll figure it out on my own, the experience gained will only help me going forward. Thx anyway.✌

crossfader

crossfader

Light is 18" from top of plant but its only a 600w Chinese blurple that puts out around 100w in the real world. Upgrading light next month.

crossfader

crossfader

Ok, think I figured it out...after doing some investigative reading I flushed her with 2 gallons of pH'd water and tested the runoff and it showed a pH of 4. Flushed an additional gallon and the runoff gave me a pH of 6.0-6.5

Seems I gave her too much molasses last watering which caused the pH to drop. I have to follow the 'Keep It Simple, Stupid' method and resist the urge to try all the 'tricks' to help plants that are doing fine otherwise.

That's what happened to me, if she looks good and the pH is in balance with no noticeable issues then just sit back and let her grow instead of trying every trick and tip I come across.

Ahh the joys of being a rookie farmer!

Lesson learned✌

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think you need more water. Looks to me like the plant is trying to grow fast but hitting a wall because of the dryness. The soil should not be allowed to dry out too much, because it will kill the root tips. Just keep it moist not water logged.
Don't even bother with molasses bro.

crossfader

crossfader

I really do watch the watering, I use the 'lift the pot' method and only water when the pot feels light. With that method (using 2 gallon pot) I find I'm watering every 5-7 days at this point.

RookieBC

RookieBC

There has never been a single confirmed case of TMV in Marijuana lol yet I see people say it as an answer all the time there are viruses that come from cucumbers and squash but not TMV. Are you growing tobacco and then handling the plants directly after without washing your hands? Nope? Then it's not TMV it's never TMV. Its PH fluctuations or Magnesium deficiency or if you did something weird it's a Zinc deficiency

RookieBC

RookieBC

Also stop florist feeding with Epson salts just by some Cal Mag add it to every water just 1ml per gallon or less and you'll be golden. Epson salts is garbage you shouldn't need to be spraying with it ever. Only time you need to foliar feed is if your locked out and deficient in something and you have to flush then you foliar feed to correct the deficiency.

RookieBC

RookieBC

It doesn't need more water either keep overwatering is worse than underwatering for the most part when the container is light water. Or if the leaves start drooping then water. Don't overwater takes way longer to correct

Homesteader

Homesteader

Also stop florist feeding with Epson salts just by some Cal Mag add it to every water just 1ml per gallon or less and you'll be golden. Epson salts is garbage you shouldn't need to be spraying with it ever. Only time you need to foliar feed is if your locked out and deficient in something and you have to flush then you foliar feed to correct the deficiency.
Nothing wrong with a bit of epsom salt. Your plant needs both magnesium and sulfate. Most of the time the leeching crust on the bag is magnesium sulfate. I don't use it often because I use gypsum. Plants need much more calcium than they do magnesium.

crossfader

crossfader

I'm just happy I read that molasses can cause a pH drop...I'm pretty confident that's where I fkd up. Also happy I top dressed with dolomite lime last week too, that should help bring the pH back to normal although I don't know how long that will take.

Top Bottom