Need help identifying what's happening with my plant

• Thread starter reinserkmo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
35 cm that’s what Siri 🤣
Oh right 13.78” that’s still to close bud.
With leds you want a min of 18” and dimmed down to 75%

In truth I might even raise it up to 24” min on a led

Shame you didn’t use the 4l first as it will make watering really hard.
Like the top might be as dry as a bone yet the bottom is soaking
getting used to dry weight and wet can take a while to get used to.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
there in spag moss; that holds to much water I used it once and swore never again

You would of been so much better of getting a bag of cheep compost that would of helped sort them out.

Spag holds so much water the roots have a hard time in it ending up with slow growing plants.

Last edited:
R

reinserkmo

35 cm that’s what Siri 🤣
Oh right 13.78” that’s still to close bud.
With leds you want a min of 18” and dimmed down to 75%

In truth I might even raise it up to 24” min on a led

Shame you didn’t use the 4l first as it will make watering really hard.
Like the top might be as dry as a bone yet the bottom is soaking
getting used to dry weight and wet can take a while to get used to.
I got my grow as a kit, so my gear isn't a great one. I plan to get upgrades if i get the hang of things lol, for now, i'm stuck with a 50 w LED and limited space. The maximum height that i can get my LED is about 16 inches, but as the LED is kinda weak wouldn't it suffice ? same for the soil, the grow came with a 13 gallon bag of sphag, so i'm stuck with it until it runs out haha. Hope i can at least get some flowers, even if the yield isn't that great.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Oh 50watts yeah I guess you could well have it closer. It’s not enough light if you’ve any clfs laying around you can use them to boost the light till your in a situation where you can afford what you need.

Good luck bud

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I don’t feel good with myself walking on egg shells as I don’t want you to feel I’m putting you down. However that’s not helpful to you one iota.
The truth is with that spag moss you’ll be vegging for mths rather than weeks and with only 50w it won’t produce anything worth talking about.
You really need to upgrade your gear if you want to make it worth while especially if your not legal, I mean you don’t want to risk it for a plant that will take forever to grow and even then with the light being not enough will produce less than a oz

If it was me I’d get a bag of allmix of the web if you have to and transplant her again and try to get some more light otherwise your not going to get much back

R

reinserkmo

Hey folks

When i tought that all would be ok, the plant started growing, i've been watering her less, following the nhtrient schedule. Then she started to dry some of the leaves. Any clues?
IMG 20231214 WA0150
IMG 20231214 WA0152
IMG 20231214 WA0149

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Hey folks

When i tought that all would be ok, the plant started growing, i've been watering her less, following the nhtrient schedule. Then she started to dry some of the leaves. Any clues? View attachment 2087417View attachment 2087418View attachment 2087419
if theres nutrients in the soil there bud, you should be fine to just water the plant. it looks like its starting to recover already after the repot you did theres new healthy leafs. i would just leave the older leafs there, until the plant full recovers.

L

Lifted1

do you have more of those 7L containers? if so, cut one in half. you could also just go buy a soda pop and use the cup. or whatever else you have laying around.

you want the container to drain to runoff and not store water and nutes in an area becoming an anaerobic environment. you want the roots to fill the space you are feeding, like pacing and leading the plant. tease it a bit. when you reach a point that it appears the medium is drying out more quickly, its prolly time to up pot as the roots are filling the container. you want a healthy environment and healthy root mass. the idea is more frequent but weaker feed inputs with runoff to keep a healthy medium. You dont want a crap load of feed(high ppm's) in a saturated pot.

B

Bilbobaggins

It looks over-watered to me, based on the texture and thickness of the leaves, and miniaturization. Do you have a lot of drainage holes in the bottom of the cup? I don't trust the "finger test" for water content. In soil, I water to run-off, only when the pot is very light. I would expect a plant that size in a cup that size to go 5 days or more between waterings. Over-watering is watering too often, as opposed to giving too much water at once.
Agreed nearly all of us nearly baby them to death that way in our learning 😄 and the finger test either blu mat sells a “tencimeter “ to read the soil moisture personally I like earth boxes or sips takes the watering headache/extra work away

IMG 0592
R

reinserkmo

if theres nutrients in the soil there bud, you should be fine to just water the plant. it looks like its starting to recover already after the repot you did theres new healthy leafs. i would just leave the older leafs there, until the plant full recovers.
It drives me crazy to try to understand whats going on haha. The symptoms are the same for everything, i tought it could be nitrogen deficiency as the newer growth is looking good and green and the older leaves are yellowing and drying, that makes kinda sense as nitrogen is a mobile nutrient. Shouldnt overfeeding be harder with organic nutrients as it releases more slowly and is dependant on microbial activity in the soil?

R

reinserkmo

do you have more of those 7L containers? if so, cut one in half. you could also just go buy a soda pop and use the cup. or whatever else you have laying around.

you want the container to drain to runoff and not store water and nutes in an area becoming an anaerobic environment. you want the roots to fill the space you are feeding, like pacing and leading the plant. tease it a bit. when you reach a point that it appears the medium is drying out more quickly, its prolly time to up pot as the roots are filling the container. you want a healthy environment and healthy root mass. the idea is more frequent but weaker feed inputs with runoff to keep a healthy medium. You dont want a crap load of feed(high ppm's) in a saturated pot.
Yes, i have another 7L pot, are u suggesting to cut it in half and repot to the cutted half? I've been trying to be more careful not to overwater, i usually see no runoff as the pot is way bigger than the amount of water i feed it (500 ml) i only water again when the pot is very light, so i find it difficult for it to accumulate water

L

Lifted1

thats exactly what i am saying. or if you dont want to cut the container then find another container about 6"(152mm) deep and 4"(101.5mm). to buy a container of that size may set you back a buck or 2. plus when it outgrows that size in another 2 weeks it will drop right in the container you are using now.

you want runoff for multiple reasons. you are feeding your plants salts. thats what fertilizers are. shoot for 20% runoff. you dont want excess nutes building up in the soil not being used, plus where there are no roots its going to stay wet longer which can lead to problems also.

consider thinking about this differently.

consider you are not growing a plant. the plant and its appearance are a secondary affect of the health of the roots you are growing.

the roots need oxygen. more than they need water. if you "feed" a lot of water all at once with with a little bit of "feed/nutrients" you saturate(water log) the medium essentially drowning out the oxygen along with a lack of available nutrients and the roots suffer and then you see the plant respond accordingly. If you "feed" to little water but to much nutrients, the medium dries out, leaving the salts behind which leaves an over abundance of nutrients which in turn is not good and you see the plant respond later showing the effects.

so maybe consider thinking of the H2O as the oxygen carrying component.(vehicle) you give multiple inputs to oxygenate the root mass while also carrying a light nutrient "feed" solution to be available to the root mass. In a well draining medium the roots will thrive filling the container and as the inputs "feed", some will pass through as runoff leeching out some of the residual salt buildup with it. its a balance.

most people think its the nutes that lead to healthy plants. its not just that. its understanding what environment the plant needs and that growth starts with the roots.

this is how i think about "growing". i do recognize that we all have our own ways of reaching the same outcomes. but this has worked for me. it has also helped to simplify the process of not "chasing" problems/outcomes without understanding what lead to them to begin with.

imho, grow roots, with the mindset and goal to outgrow the container they are in and then move up in containers. i do not ever find myself in need of more than a 2 gal container. i dont even use that size now.

runoff is essential.

best of luck

Last edited:
R

reinserkmo

Hey folks, i'm here again seeking some enlightment. I appreciated all the tips up so far, but as i had already transplantes my plant to a bigger pot and was afraid to try and transplant again to a smaller pot ( as someone suggested) and damaged the roots i decided to leave the plant as it is until it either flowers or dies. With that said, when i stopped overwatering the plant was showing signs of improvment, growing, 5 digit leaven, lovely green. Then, i topped it and the new branches started developing. Suddenly, 2 days ago, i noticed a bit of interveinal clhorosis and some necrotic spots ( we can see them well on the back of the leaves against the light). Then today the tips started curling and a bit of the leaves drying. Anyone Willing to shed a light ?

IMG 20240104 WA0123
IMG 20240104 WA0128
IMG 20240104 WA0136
IMG 20240104 WA0134
IMG 20240104 WA0132
R

reinserkmo

Hey guys,

Id really appreciate some feedback on my LST. Currently my girl is at week 2 of flowering, i think the foliage is kinda clumped toghether, is my LST here satisfatory? She starts week 3 at Friday, ive read that its a good time to defoliate and lollipop by then.

IMG 20240212 WA02031
IMG 20240212 WA02021
IMG 20240212 WA02051
IMG 20240212 WA02041
IMG 20240212 WA0205
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Nice, I’ll throw some of my training pics at ya. I have a bunch of stakes and plant training clips on mine works nice. Green what you can from the pics. Hit me up if you would like a hand. but things look like you need to feed some nitrogen.

IMG 2960
IMG 2962
IMG 2908
IMG 2909
IMG 2836
IMG 2837
IMG 2910
IMG 2937
R

reinserkmo

Nice, I’ll throw some of my training pics at ya. I have a bunch of stakes and plant training clips on mine works nice. Green what you can from the pics. Hit me up if you would like a hand. but things look like you need to feed some nitrogen.
Nice pics! It seems that you are adept of mainlining, right ? I'll try it on my next cycle after i upgrade my lights. As for the yellow leaves, that was due to heat stress, i guess, before i switched to flowering. I'm following biobizz's schedule, but i might up the grow fert in the next feedings and see what happens.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Oh
Nice pics! It seems that you are adept of mainlining, right ? I'll try it on my next cycle after i upgrade my lights. As for the yellow leaves, that was due to heat stress, i guess, before i switched to flowering. I'm following biobizz's schedule, but i might up the grow fert in the next feedings and see what happens.
i would def do that.
Lst and mainlines are some of the tactics I use yep. Rigid but malleable ground wire is best for making stakes. Clips are handy on anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom