• Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudgetGrower

Its a 1200w grow light fyi
The purple leds are low budget led from what understand about them,
I tried this light
Screenshot 20230521 141347 Gallery

The Umols/m2 are really low, covers a 3ft x 2ft at best, says it pulls 600w from the wall, never going to use it again, the results where bad, buds turned out airy.
Handling height 12"-18" seem best.

The light puts out a lot of heat, I recon that's more likely than light stress

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Other than a little light stress, from what I can see your plants are thriving. Very happy.

Some say don't give plants Cal-Mag at this stage but I'm a firm believer in a little goes a long way start to finish. See those nice shiny leaves. That's the cal-Mag.

Plants need both Calcium and Magnesium in small amounts from seed to harvest. I think it's better to have a little available when the plant wants it rather than when I feel like applying it.

I don't think I'd change anything other than backing the light off. There may be a little leaf droop from over watering. Weed does not like to be wet. Maybe let her dry out a little more between waterings and let her grow.

B

BudzAldrin

Back the light off another 10".
Yea deffinatly raise the light to like 30 inches.
The leaf curling is light stress. so ya, I'd say back the light off to 30" or more above the plant tops.

Weird. I routinely have plants grow into my lights. They don't burn or curl until less than 6" from an Evo qb. And the look is very different than all the light burn claims on grow sites.

I find it odd that so many people believe they are burning their plants with too much of something the plant wants more of.

T

tobiascan

Weird. I routinely have plants grow into my lights. They don't burn or curl until less than 6" from an Evo qb. And the look is very different than all the light burn claims on grow sites.

I find it odd that so many people believe they are burning their plants with too much of something the plant wants more of.
I got them at 25" now well see my lux is showing 3000

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I could not have said it better. Willy.
I just came in from feeding my girls. I got JLF on me, I'm going to stink for a week.

In a 20 L bucket I put 18L Rain water. Then add
5ml of home made cal-mag = 1ml pr gallon once a week
2 cups wood ash mineral solution
1 L Home made JLF
1L home made Microbial solution from local leaf mold.
5ml fish emulsion this week. Next week they may get chicken poo tea.

MEGA956

MEGA956

How's your air circulation? Had same issue with my mother plants, I put a small fan and it solved my problem.

B

BudgetGrower

Good to know thnx
They go from £90 each on amazon.
In the long run there worth the money, could be losing out on oz's if your light 6" too high above the canopy, just did it and learnt a lesson.

T

Tyrant

The purple leds are low budget led from what understand about them,
I tried this light
View attachment 1984112
The Umols/m2 are really low, covers a 3ft x 2ft at best, says it pulls 600w from the wall, never going to use it again, the results where bad, buds turned out airy.
Handling height 12"-18" seem best.

The light puts out a lot of heat, I recon that's more likely than light stress
I use 2 of them lol

20230519 071423
T

Tyrant

That's a lot of heat/electric for a small area.
Actually I have to heat the room outside of the tent a bit to keep it at about 23 degrees. And haven't even noticed a change in hydro bill. It actually seems lower than usually lol

B

BudgetGrower

Actually I have to heat the room outside of the tent a bit to keep it at about 23 degrees. And haven't even noticed a change in hydro bill. It actually seems lower than usually lol
Your tent looks something like 4ft x 2ft, (1200w) that's 150w ft2.
my old se 600W hps used 50w ft2 and leds can go down to 30w ft2.
Something seems off, do your lights draw 1200w from the wall?
If your tent is using 15kw a day(lights and fans) you will notice, in the uk it would cost me over £300 per crop(70 days @£0.30 kwh)

T

Tyrant

Your tent looks something like 4ft x 2ft, (1200w) that's 150w ft2.
my old se 600W hps used 50w ft2 and leds can go down to 30w ft2.
Something seems off, do your lights draw 1200w from the wall?
If your tent is using 15kw a day(lights and fans) you will notice, in the uk it would cost me over £300 per crop(70 days @£0.30 kwh)
No lol these lights say there 1000 watt I'd be suprised if they were 180 watts tho to be honest. Which is why I got 2

Top Bottom