Need help/opinions on Scrog run with auto waterings soil/coco mix.

• Thread starter Raisin8420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Raisin8420

Raisin8420

So having never run a scrog or coco mix or auto watering,I'm looking to potentially do all for the first time on my next run, so I'm looking at changes I need to make to my current setup.
Currently I'm using a soil/perlite 70/30 mix in 15L(3 gal) pots and with only a 4 week veg the roots hardly seem to fill the pots by harvest, i dont know if that's the short veg or maybe an aeration issue. The soil always seems so compact.
I have 20 plants that are vegging in .7L pots at the moment and aren't rootbound at all about 15/20 cm tall. Waiting for current run to finish to pot up.
Need helpopinions on scrog run with auto waterings soilcoco mix

So i think I'm going to run the scrog ones in 6.5L(1.7gal) pots that I have here, would these be too small? I'm looking to change up my potting mix as currently it seems very heavy or compact and also looking to change watering by hand to a semi auto irrigation system..Im thinking of a mix of 50% soil (canna terra professional) 40% coco (bio bizz coco mix) and 10% perlite, does this sound like a good ratio or should I adjust??
Also at what ratio do I stop treating it like soil and treat it like coco re: feeding and nutrition?

Iv got this 20 plant irrigation system to help out > https://www.growmart.eu/Self-watering-system-for-20-plants.html
would something like this be suitable for that sort of soil mix setup, or would I need to lean more to coco setup to use that?
Any advice is more than welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

I do Coco in 4 gallon pots with scrog but no auto watering. I use foxfarms Coco loco without mixing so I can't help you much there.
I would definitely go bigger than 1.7g pots but it's just an opinion.
My veg is about 4 weeks also with autos so you're fine on that front. Really it's pheno specific but that seems average.

Latest posts

Top Bottom