Need Help Preventing Node Stretch!

• Thread starter Critical Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MTgrower

Are you flowering with HPS lights? You could use a MH in the 3K range to flower, or use a blue led booster light to try to controll stretch. I have Dr. Grinspoon in my flower room now. Talk about a stretchy plant and weird bud development.

B

bonerface

You could buy a t5 setup for veg and drop it like an inch from the canopy. T5s are the shit.

H

-hydrofarmer-

The light spectrum cast by HPS lights- although wonderful for including flowering- consists mostly of orange-red tints. These tints induce more stretching between the internodes during vegetative growth. MH bulbs mimic the summer daylight using these lights alone during the vegetative cycle along with keeping lights as close as possible with ought burning ur plants should help u get the tightest interondal spacing and should help with the node stretching problem.
hope this helps!! good luck!

P

pure arghan

i agree

The light spectrum cast by HPS lights- although wonderful for including flowering- consists mostly of orange-red tints. These tints induce more stretching between the internodes during vegetative growth. MH bulbs mimic the summer daylight using these lights alone during the vegetative cycle along with keeping lights as close as possible with ought burning ur plants should help u get the tightest interondal spacing and should help with the node stretching problem.
hope this helps!! good luck!

the spectrom your plant sees makes the bigest difrance, thats why some peps think there doing good using a hps for veging, just cos the plant grow's quick in veg dont mean it will have big bud's
HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR GROW'S :harvest:
you'v seen my post's wot?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I veg with 1000 watt h p s for yrs and I've grown some monster buds. in my experience I've found that hps will give you more overall yield 4 the same amount of time in veg . in my opinion metal halides are not worth it .

H

-hydrofarmer-

HPS and MH bulbs

MH bulbs have a balanced light spectrum, which offers the most natural light output and promotes leaf growth. MH's balanced spectrum contains the common blue and red wave lengths needed by plants for most rapid growth.

HPS lights are more efficient than MH producing about 10-15% more lumnes per watt than a MH bulb the HPS emits an orange/yellow color that is similar to the sun's spectrum in the mid-day. this type of light promotes flower growth.

the spectrom your plant sees makes the bigest difrance, thats why some peps think there doing good using a hps for veging, just cos the plant grow's quick in veg dont mean it will have big bud's
Indoor growing is a sped up grow.. and people can get nice yeilds and not have to wait the original time 6-9 months inside its now around 85 days.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

That's why horti super hps kicks ass. Enhanced blue spectrum. I'm using 3 four ft 8 bulb t5s for veg. Internode spacing is tighter but I have to veg a lot longer to get the same yield. I'm going back to my 1000wt hps hortis. Not to mention they hate the transition from pussy t5 light to a real bulb.

P

pure arghan

That's why horti super hps kicks ass. Enhanced blue spectrum. I'm using 3 four ft 8 bulb t5s for veg. Internode spacing is tighter but I have to veg a lot longer to get the same yield. I'm going back to my 1000wt hps hortis. Not to mention they hate the transition from pussy t5 light to a real bulb.

use a hid along with the t5's for about 3 days before you change the lights to hps.
i use a hid with t5's from when they come out of the cloner, gives good yeld and speeds up groth(ie less veg time) and will stop the plant from geting shocked when you blast them with 1000hps
small plants wont thank you for runing a 1000hps in veg, because of heat you will have to keep the light about 18-20 inches from the plant so the plant will streach, even though its 1000watt.
the hid light can be kept far enough from the plant that it dose't crate heat and the t5's can almost touch the plant.
hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's :harvest:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I keep my thousands 2-3 ft from the canopy and they outveg my massive bank of t5s by a long shot. If I was running a small garden I might stick sigh t5s but for my application they are not impressing me in the least. I would never recommed them. Honestly I think they are junk and have not earned there space in my garden. I have played around with lighting quite a bit over the years and for me nothing has compared to 1000 st hps in my applications. I believe that the intensity of a 1000 at hps can't be beat. One year with t5s was plenty for me.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Over the years I've found that temps and feeding have more effect on stretch than lighting. My little plants thanked my for years for giving them an intense light source. I've been growing way to long to ignore shit I've seen first hand for somebodys opinions to come into play. Sorry but my experience trump all others opinions. I'm a see for yourself type grower.

P

pure arghan

wat the fuck are you hear for

Over the years I've found that temps and feeding have more effect on stretch than lighting. My little plants thanked my for years for giving them an intense light source. I've been growing way to long to ignore shit I've seen first hand for somebodys opinions to come into play. Sorry but my experience trump all others opinions. I'm a see for yourself type grower.

your full of shit, you fell back'd into a conner cos im right and you dont know shit, so you talk shit, if the t5's where so bad why did you use them for a year you tit, a lier needs a good momory, you dont, your a shit lier, you only have to look at your post's
wasting pep's time, get some freinds, theres real grower's hear.
hope your ficksenal plants grow well lol

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Check my pics and my grow. I'm not a liar. I just don't like them for what I do.
IMAG0084.jpg

there's a little taste of what were doin

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Show me somethin and I listen but talk is cheap. there's at least 50 people here that I listen to every word they say. But if you see something everyday its hard to change. I agree with 98% of what most experienced farmers I've had the pleasure of trading ideas with. I use training to controlling height. Check my grow before you try and school me. Rook. I didn't say that t5s don't have there place. Veg a plant for six weeks under t5 and flower it then do the same with a 1000 at hps then tell me how great the t5s are. In my experience the hps smokes the flouros. Also about 7 yrs ago I bought two 2 ft t5s to replace a 400 wt mh. I used for cloning that worked well. gave those to s friend like I'm gonna do with 2 of the 3 that I'm using now . They do grow tight little plants but I like bushes.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Never used it but I have seen my nute screw ups affect it both ways so it seems logical to me they could put stretch or stunt in a bottle.

U

Underground

... Veg a plant for six weeks under t5 and flower it then do the same with a 1000 at hps then tell me how great the t5s are. In my experience the hps smokes the flouros...
To properly make that comparison you would have to veg the same type plants with the only variable being the lighting. In one room you would have the plants under the 1k HPS, in the other room or run you would use the same amount of plants under 18.5 54w 4' T5 flouros. Lets just call it 20 for easy of numbers and the added efficiency of the T5 HO lamps. That could be (2) 6 lamp fixtures providing a 4' x 4' pattern and the rest used for side lighting.

I'm not an experienced grower by any means, I have 0 grows under my belt. My experience lays elsewhere. I am using information I gather here to make my decisions. So I ask you honestly, in your opinion and under the conditions laid out, would the T5's used in this quantity and manner adversely effect the yield? And if concerned with stretch as the OP is, would this be beneficial, unaffected, or cause worse results if the T5's were used in veg and beginning stages of flower?

Sorry not trying to sound like an ass. And in my opinion having a different opinion from what many have does not mean that you are not a valuable information source for people like me. It means that there is more stuff to look into and evaluate.

hiboy

hiboy

hell yeah your high output lights will definitely kick some fluorescent ass

U

Underground

hell yeah your high output lights will definitely kick some fluorescent ass
That's what I'm naturally wanting to think. But I have found that in addition to unknown and unstated variables, growers prejudices (whether known/admiited or not) also effect the opinions and information they provide. And obviously as a noob that is trying to learn I can't just argue something that my limited experiences essentially relegate to theory. But I'll take all the help/information I can get and consider everything before my decisions are made.

Hell just being a member here and having access to the wealth of information is changing what I find to be important at this stage in planning. Maybe change is not the right word as I do not have a solid plan or opinions at this point. I should say it is shaping how I think about this and providing me the necessary base to make somewhat educated decisions.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

If it was a close comparison maybe. I wanted to replace the 1000wt hps I was vegging with for s couple reasons. I wanted to use my space more efficiently instead of circling plants around one light. I wanted more veg area, room is 8x6 and t5s seemed like the trick. They use 440 watts a piece so now I'm using more electric. My old man loves his t5s but uses ebb and grow and has never vegged under the 1000hps. The 1000 wt mh is s close second in overall speed and production in my experiences. It all depends on what your trying to accomplish.

U

Underground

If it was a close comparison maybe. I wanted to replace the 1000wt hps I was vegging with for s couple reasons. I wanted to use my space more efficiently instead of circling plants around one light. I wanted more veg area and 8x6 of t5s seemed like the trick. They use 440 watts a piece so now I'm using more electric. My old man loves his t5s but uses ebb and grow and has never vegged under the 1000hps. The 1000 wt mh is s close second in overall speed and production in my experiences. It all depends on what your trying to accomplish.
Thanks! That answer was way more objective and helpful. I have found that a lot of people here feel like they need to defend what they have said and get defensive and basically fight their point. This is the opposite and exactly the kind of info I look for, thanks again rep on the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom