Need Help Preventing Node Stretch!

• Thread starter Critical Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

We are a passionate bunch , I'm pretty set in my ways and don't impress easily . it is what it is sorry.

H

-hydrofarmer-

We are a passionate bunch , I'm pretty set in my ways and don't impress easily . it is what it is sorry.

we arn't here to impress.. we r here to learn and help.. But yes i have to agree thanks for the info

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I'm talking about new products for example lighting. Something has to prove its worth to me. I'll give pretty much anything try. I can count on one hand how many products changed the game in the last 10 yrs. A lot of hype in this industry I want results. Just to clarify that's my opinion.

P

pure arghan

easly got off the net

Check my pics and my grow. I'm not a liar. I just don't like them for what I do.
IMAG0084.jpg

there's a little taste of what were doin

put up a pick with your login name in it, to prove its from you, bet you dont.
to many talkers on this post, im going to a thried with growers on it

B

brookstown

your full of shit, you fell back'd into a conner cos im right and you dont know shit, so you talk shit, if the t5's where so bad why did you use them for a year you tit, a lier needs a good momory, you dont, your a shit lier, you only have to look at your post's
wasting pep's time, get some freinds, theres real grower's hear.
hope your ficksenal plants grow well lol

Damn... taking it kinda personal huh?

U

Underground

Yeah that is a little harsh. I think this is a "trade" where people are pretty opinionated and stuck in their ways. Doesn't mean they are wrong. More often than not, there are personal experiences backing those opinions. It's the opinions without the experience behind them that I don't care for.

J

Jsän

Just a Recap :).. let me know if i missed any suggestions.

• Genetics
  • Eliminate Temperature Swings
  • Increased Blue Spectrum (400-450nm)
  • High Phosphorous Diet
  • Training/Pinching/Stripping

i have been wondering this myself for awhile. One of the first ops i ever saw was just two squat 6" tall little bushes. with 12" colas. no side branching that i could see. (only got a quick peek) girls almost looked like succulents, the spacing was so close.

now i know. thanks all.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

aww man totally missed this thread
always down for some shit talkin
mittenmedgrow totally knows his shit
are you really arguing that t5's will out perform a 1000?
google "light intensity" and "lumens" cuz they arent even close
unless you got a t5 using up 1000 watts, then you might have a point

ive seen what happens to a plant that goes from a t5 to a 1000 and the 1000 wins every time
if you dont know what im talking about back to google "lumen shock"

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

if i throw a picture up with my signature, a dna test of my hair, my naked balls laying next to it, it doesnt prove i grew it

B

Bobby Smith

Surprised no one mentioned to hang lights vertically - IMO, the easiest way to get rid of the stretch is to get rid of your reflector (if that's an option for the OP).

Pure arghan, what the fuck is your problem?

Mitted certainly grew that nug, and he has a grow journal on here to boot (although please don't go and flame him in it and leave me feeling bad for telling you that).

U

Underground

aww man totally missed this thread
always down for some shit talkin
mittenmedgrow totally knows his shit
are you really arguing that t5's will out perform a 1000?
google "light intensity" and "lumens" cuz they arent even close
unless you got a t5 using up 1000 watts, then you might have a point

ive seen what happens to a plant that goes from a t5 to a 1000 and the 1000 wins every time
if you dont know what im talking about back to google "lumen shock"
I'm thinking, and hoping that was directed towards the other guy. I didn't mean to sound like I was arguing anything. I repped him as a thanks for his opinion. I like to be prepared before taking on something like this and am still at the info gathering point. All I've ever done is pop some blueberry passion bag seeds. They were growing fast as hell and stinking up the whole house before they were even a foot tall. My wife got pissed and smashed them the day they were going elsewhere because I didn't get them out fast enough. They were only a month old. :( At least she fucked her foot up pretty good in the process. Every cloud has it's silver lining.

I am interested in this because if I do take this on for real, I'd like to have flourescents in the veg room to save on power and not be so conspicuous.

U

Underground

Surprised no one mentioned to hang lights vertically - IMO, the easiest way to get rid of the stretch is to get rid of your reflector (if that's an option for the OP).

Pure arghan, what the fuck is your problem?

Mitted certainly grew that nug, and he has a grow journal on here to boot (although please don't go and flame him in it and leave me feeling bad for telling you that).

Sweet, good to know. I was planning on vert (IF I do it) because all the vertical grows I've seen on here seem to be bigger bushier looking plants. IDK, maybe it's because most of the vert grows I've seen on here are UC. Still got a lot of learning to do before I put both feet in the water.

W

wantaknow

try auto ak47 its what you are needing no fuss just small single cola plants grow them in 3 liter pop jugs with drainage holes

B

Bobby Smith

Sweet, good to know. I was planning on vert (IF I do it) because all the vertical grows I've seen on here seem to be bigger bushier looking plants. IDK, maybe it's because most of the vert grows I've seen on here are UC. Still got a lot of learning to do before I put both feet in the water.

Yeah bro, after growing horizontal for years and years, I'm shocked by the lack of stretch by using vertical lights (in both my mothers and my flowering plants).

As further proof of this, most vert tree growers intentionally raise their lights up high just to have to promote stretch in the first two weeks of 12/12.

S

swampweed

Awsome,lots of good info,never thought of vert lighting,very cool.Ive used a 2 part pgr program and it was the utter filth!!,bugger all stretch just BULK.short nodes no matter the setup or strain,but they reckon its nasty stuff,prob is most of the meds here have it in it.I think you can also get a product called "powerbloom",by plantastic which is another pgr,but i think its a bit better healthwise.It all depends on your veiws.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

You ever go back and read some of the shit you posted and think, damn I am a Dick? I just had one of those moments. Mastacheese you cracking me up. I like the vert idea, going to try a vert setup when I get a bigger space.

M

Mmmmasonite

would't use this if you put a gun to my head, this is one of thoughs products that scam you out of money, the only way it could work is for it to posen the plant, thus slowing down the groth rate of the plant, bad shit.
its all to do with the plants envirament
hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's :harvest:

Ur trippin...Bushmaster rocks.....For example.....My g 13 loves to stretch in the first 2 weeks of flower and then the flowers stretch later in flower as well....I loved the taste and quality of the bud but it would stretch and the end product would look tripped out.....Giant bud arms coming out of the colas..Amazing tasting bud but I didn't like the way it looked..... I am a perfectionist .....I decided to give Bush master a try....This product literally changed the shape of the end product into what I wanted by completely stopping the vertical growth creating nicely shaped nugs with no arms...I have run this strain multiple times with and without BushMaster...It fixes this problem every time.....If you have a strain that is tasty but it stretches a tad and you don't like the look in the end....Don't give up on it.....Don't get me wrong, it's not gonna turn a shit strain into a good one but it will fix stretching problems..Another product that does this is called Phosphoload.....You can add these at anytime between last week of veg to 2nd week of flower for about 4 days to stop the vertical growth ....this is a well known method.....Peace

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

PGR

Plant Growth Regulators are very effective ways to reduce elongation, been used in the ornamental nursery industry for years.

Unfortunately.....most PGR's are carcenigenic to mammals.....mmj plants being able to absorb, store and pass along this carcinogen to the mammal at the end of the spliff or bong being toked.

To each his own....but for me, I'll take the lanky plants, u can keep the poison.

Top Bottom