Need help! Strictly T5's

• Thread starter OptimusRandis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OptimusRandis

Hello to anyone out there!
I myself am just hittin day 11. 3x super silver haze, 4th set of leaves half done using hydroponic setup. My growing medium is peat pellets surrounded in those clay balls..

My grow tent is 3 X 3 X 6 hight

For lighting.. 2 T5 sunblaster 2 foot 25 watts 6400 K lumens, both with hoods 1 inch away from plants..

For venting I just have a desk fan osilaiting and I keep my side tent's vent open (screen mesh)

Daytime temp: 22-23C Humidity:50 %
Night temp: 17-19C Humidity 25%
I got a 100 cfm inline ventilating fan for sucking out the air for flowering time to drop the temp..
I change my water/nutes once a week

Now...please!! I could really use the help.
Do I need more T'5s?
Do I also use 3000 k lumens for vegging?
How did you guys avoid bugs and mites?

Sorry for all the questions..
If anyone could please I would really use it..

S

spinkus

Read, read, read, and then read some more.

I always read the directions before l use something for the first time, or try to put it together... l did the same thing with growing, l read for about a year before l even gave it a try.

Any book about growing with a section on lighting will answer your questions about the light your using. Short answer; YES you need more than 2-25 watt t-5's to flower anything with.

Your biggest problem is lack of knowledge because your new, we've all been there. Just go read everything you can about growing my man and you'll be amazed at what you learn!

If you try to half-ass it with minimal equipment, and knowledge your gonna have some half-assed bud

O

OptimusRandis

Hey thank bro! I have been reading and soaking up as much as i can! I rushed out and got 2 more t5's I'm currently pumping out 12,000 lumens each plant getting roughly around 6,000 lumens...today is week 2 for vegging...

But i still feel that ain't enough... Tent size 2x2x6h
I keep my t5's 1 inch away from each plant

hiboy

hiboy

Best tips i can give:
dont water too much
dont nute too strong
invest in temp/humidity meter
invest in ph/ppm meter
h

B

bigloudvtwin

Hey thank bro! I have been reading and soaking up as much as i can! I rushed out and got 2 more t5's I'm currently pumping out 12,000 lumens each plant getting roughly around 6,000 lumens...today is week 2 for vegging...

But i still feel that ain't enough... Tent size 2x2x6h
I keep my t5's 1 inch away from each plant

While your plants are little (2-3 nodes) your ok with thoses flourecsent lights. You wanna grow em right put 400 watts of MH on em then when ya flip go to a HPS. In that little space you'll need some major air movement to protect em from radiant heat. Buy a good light setup off ebay dude. Read up on here and you'll know how to grow a new planet with the wealth of knowledge that's available. Peace P.S. Don't Nute nuke em too young.. IE keep PPM's around 300-500 while they're small.

N

NORTHERNCALI

I use 2 75 watt t12's and a 90 watt cfl for my veg and clones but after that I have to use my hps for flowering or I get nowhere. I like fluorescents because you can put them right near the plants and almost 0 heat.

Top Bottom