Need help with high ec

• Thread starter Lewish02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll take some just now, with it being my first grow I took advice from the guy at my grow shop saying keep them all tight together in 40ltr pots like sog he said. Had to look up what song was but Wish I had done less plants and spaced them out. Lesson learnt for next time
Ooof I would spread them out as much as your light will allow. Better airflow and that's really important.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Ooof I would spread them out as much as your light will allow. Better airflow and that's really important.
Because of the size of pots there isn't really any room, my only option is to either leave them or defoliate a few. What do you think.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Definitely needs some defoliation. Take a look at @sshz threads and @Dirtbag but you wanna clean up the bottoms like 1/3 the way up and then selective from there. Looking at them will give you an idea.

I'm at work but once I finish this project I'll write out how I select leaves for pruning.

They do look nice and healthy though they could use a pretty good haircut

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Because of the size of pots there isn't really any room, my only option is to either leave them or defoliate a few. What do you think.
100% defoliate but don't just jump into it... make sure before you start what your doing. If any doubt just leave it until you know.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Definitely needs some defoliation. Take a look at @sshz threads and @Dirtbag but you wanna clean up the bottoms like 1/3 the way up and then selective from there. Looking at them will give you an idea.

I'm at work but once I finish this project I'll write out how I select leaves for pruning.

They do look nice and healthy though they could use a pretty good haircut
Lol thanks very much mate

Lewish02

Lewish02

100% defoliate but don't just jump into it... make sure before you start what your doing. If any doubt just leave it until you know.
I'll have a look at the guys you said about and I'll leave it till you get back to me later. I'll end up taking too much off .

sshz

sshz

We can start with an excellent podcast on defoliation by Rasta Jeff from irie Seeds.............

So, wow they look leafy. It appears it's a great candidate for a thorough defoliation. The two keys are 1) remove the lower 1/3 of the plants except for branches that are taller and already part of the canopy and 2) remove the largest of the leaves AND other leaves that are blocking bud sites below. I actually have a video of a before and after a thorough defoliation- of a single plant and an entire room........it's in the "Orange Gasm" thread.

But I'm going to stop sending people back there because it could take you 2 1/2 days to find it.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

We can start with an excellent podcast on defoliation by Rasta Jeff from irie Seeds.............

So, wow they look leafy. It appears it's a great candidate for a thorough defoliation. The two keys are 1) remove the lower 1/3 of the plants except for branches that are taller and already part of the canopy and 2) remove the largest of the leaves AND other leaves that are blocking bud sites below. I actually have a video of a before and after a thorough defoliation- of a single plant and an entire room........it's in the "Orange Gasm" thread.
Thank you sir... now back to work aqua... lol

Lewish02

Lewish02

But I'm going to stop sending people back there because it could take you 2 1/2 days to find it.
Just listened to that podcast, great information about defoliation. Going to listen to it again whilst looking for your thread then start taking some off. Cheers

Lewish02

Lewish02

Eeesh autos ya to many plants. But autos or not I see 2 choices... defoliate or remove 🤔. I'd prob defoliate
These are long flowering autos usually about 15weeks from seed to harvest sometimes 18 weeks because they get a soo called second bloom.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Eeesh autos ya to many plants. But autos or not I see 2 choices... defoliate or remove 🤔. I'd prob defoliate
Can I bug you about 1 last thing sorry lol, see how I'm giving some big bud do I give that along with the flora bloom. Cant find any info on to give both or just big bud whilst using it. Thanks

Top Bottom