Need help with high ec

• Thread starter Lewish02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lewish02

Lewish02

Nope one or the other

Hi, I'm sorry to ask again but I've put a post up but no one seems to know what is causing this i think a deficiency but its stayed the same for 3 days now no improvement. You seem to know your stuff so was wondering if you could take a look at these pics see what you think. I thought sulphur or nitrogen but I'm not sure. Thankyou

20210412 111344
20210412 111316
20210412 111306
20210412 111233
20210411 100115
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi, I'm sorry to ask again but I've put a post up but no one seems to know what is causing this i think a deficiency but its stayed the same for 3 days now no improvement. You seem to know your stuff so was wondering if you could take a look at these pics see what you think. I thought sulphur or nitrogen but I'm not sure. Thankyou
Can you take some pics further back... looks like they are having a transpiration issue. Maybe roots like overwatering or bugs or poor airflow through the plants.

BigCube

BigCube

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. But from what I know of coco, you need to water in such a way that there is a head of water, so when the water goes through the plant, it pulls all the old salts out with it. You may not be getting that proper pull through type watering?

All speculation, I almost thought heat stress at first.

Lewish02

Lewish02

I use like a diy kindy drip system with a pump for watering them as they pretty tight together.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Can you take some pics further back... looks like they are having a transpiration issue. Maybe roots like overwatering or bugs or poor airflow through the plants.

They growing 2"+ per day and its only on the new growth no problem under neath

20210412 171019
20210412 170924
20210412 170913
20210412 170904
20210412 171230
Lewish02

Lewish02

I'll use a watering can for a few day's see if it improves, the temp is always around 25 degree c never above 26.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Sorry I'm bombarding you with photos lol, doesn't seem to be any pests or anything went over them thoroughly using magnifying glass

20210412 172443
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Great advice, hydro store owners will usually push bullshit for you to buy that you don't need. I would stick with General Hydroponics and if you want to use additives I would use whatever the GH chart tells you. I would not mix Advance Nutrients with GH just because they have 2 different charts and might have some over lap on nutrients that are excessive. Good luck.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's pretty pact in there so good airflow will be important.... is it leaves closest to the brightest part of the light?

Lewish02

Lewish02

It's pretty pact in there so good airflow will be important.... is it leaves closest
It's pretty pact in there so good airflow will be important.... is it leaves closest to the brightest part of the light?

90% id say yes but I'm starting to see some further down but still in the light and on ones at only 20,000 lux Under neath is fine the now, they twisting at the ends too. I'm puzzled

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm off for a bit but someone hopefully can pinpoint it. Sounds like maybe watering or nutes issue in the media.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Meant to say got 4 small fans coming tomorrow and going to start taking some off the bottom.
I'm off for a bit but someone hopefully can pinpoint it. Sounds like maybe watering or nutes issue in the media.

I think uve hit the nail on the head maybe with watering. My runoff ec is lower than my inlet- 2.0 runoff- 1.6-1.7. Says online too much water. Will it be ok to water t once a day.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Looks droopy. You’ve got a load of vegetative growth. Like a damn jungle. I’d water a bit less. Run a risk and see how long it takes to start flagging (leaves waving in the wind due to lack of turgor pressure). Then water 12 hours before that happens. Once your flowering there will be more need for water. But I think you may be watering too much. You want the leaves to be raised to the sun. reaching for it.

I’m not a fan of bud candy and super sizers and Gnarley Nuggets etc. theres always a new product but dudes have been raging the GH for decades and saved money and headache w/o those products.
anyone remember Humboldt bud hardener. good lord!!
just use the GH as Labeled for a dozen runs and you will begin to read the plants. “Little yellowing maybe add a 1/2tsp more of the green” etc. you will tune to the crop.

Adjust the pH of your Simple general hydro solution and let it grow. KISS.

edit. I see you are flowering.... your still looking droopy. Water a little less.

Hi, just an update, since I posted this over the course of a few days I never gave them water before lights out when I usually watered them about 2 hours before lights out. When I took they pics it was after 9pm my lights go out at 10pm. Even when not watering them at night they still drooped. I googled about drooping before lights out and it says its normal and healthy. Cheers

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi, just an update, since I posted this over the course of a few days I never gave them water before lights out when I usually watered them about 2 hours before lights out. When I took they pics it was after 9pm my lights go out at 10pm. Even when not watering them at night they still drooped. I googled about drooping before lights out and it says its normal and healthy. Cheers
Yes absolutely normal for then to droop a bit before lights out. If you watch any time-lapse you can see this happen.

But I definitely would change watering to at lights on and not before lights out.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Yes absolutely normal for then to droop a bit before lights out. If you watch any time-lapse you can see this happen.

But I definitely would change watering to at lights on and not before lights out.

I've started giving 1 ltr 3 times per day as to giving them 3ltrs twice per day. 2 hours after lights on. Half way through and ill change it a bit so more time before lights out. I'm needing to invest in a camera. I took yours and others advice and moved some to another tent I bought. Spaced them out maybe a foot in-between pots long ways but close together side ways as haven't enough room and put another 2 fans in each tent. Ill take pic shortly see what you think

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've started giving 1 ltr 3 times per day as to giving them 3ltrs twice per day. 2 hours after lights on. Half way through and ill change it a bit so more time before lights out. I'm needing to invest in a camera. I took yours and others advice and moved some to another tent I bought. Spaced them out maybe a foot in-between pots long ways but close together side ways as haven't enough room and put another 2 fans in each tent. Ill take pic shortly see what you think
3 times a day? This is coco then right?

Top Bottom