need help with my aero cloner

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

ok so heres my problem the misters arent working:( my pump is 187gph so im sure i have enuff pressure but each mister leaks from where it hits the pvc. i dont wanna glue em in place incase one clogs up. should i just use some plumbing tape? i looked thru the threads and couldnt find exactly how to attach these to the pvc i know theyre made for a tiny rubber hose

Photo15
dextr0

dextr0

Im pretty sure u need at least 800gph to run those misters. I think the least the Ezcloner uses is a 750. And thats on their smallest.

dextr0

B

Bobby Smith

420, that pump isn't large enough.

I'm (ironically enough) about to try switching out pumps on my EZ 120 and putting in a 633GPH pump and see how that does, but I have my doubts on its ability to generate sufficient pressure.

Also, if you're looking for a quality seal that's more than temporary but less than permanent, I'd highly recommend some aquarium sealant - will stay forever if you need it to, but can be scraped off in 20 seconds if you need to change out a mister.

420Gator

420Gator

thanks for the help everyone. just got back from the dro store with a 550, works great. hopefully ill get some cuts to root in here

F

fasteddy0

Actually EZ-Clone is now about to ship all of their machines with 750 GPH pumps. They said that the 1200 gph pump that came in the 120 site heated up the water too much. So I would like around the 550-750 gph range.

U

Underground

Are those the spinners? I bought a bunch of those for the same thing, then thought they would get plugged easily. The guy at the grow shop confirmed it without me even asking about it.
I haven't got to use mine yet. I didn't glue my pieces together. Figured it'd be easier to clean. Looks like you'll have to drop yours down quite a bit. For the legs, I drilled out (4) tees so that they would slide down a piece of pipe but still hold snuggly enought to stay put so that I didn't have to fill all that up. I drilled a hole in the side above the water line and used one of the foam pieces as a grommet for the pump. I've tested mine to make sure I get even water coverage and no leaks. Mine works great, can't wait to try it.

420Gator

420Gator

yeesssss:)

so nearly all my cuts popped roots at day 14 on just plain old tap water. im on day 16 now and wanna run some clean water thru here for an hour or so then get these babies on some kinda nute schedule. i havent found any posts on cloning and FF nutrients, im thinking 200 ppm of cal mag,150ppm of grow big and a pinch of ZHO and open sesame . i have no idea what to feed these tiny little roots:bongsmi:

Photo16
420Gator

420Gator

and im gonna try some roots excell next time to see if it really helps

C

crossouttheiis

I use the red ez clone sprayers in the same tub only 4with a 250 pump.....and get two inch longroots within a week. I just use roots... Id check your water temp to keep things in check or you could be overpowering them with to much water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so nearly all my cuts popped roots at day 14 on just plain old tap water. im on day 16 now and wanna run some clean water thru here for an hour or so then get these babies on some kinda nute schedule. i havent found any posts on cloning and FF nutrients, im thinking 200 ppm of cal mag,150ppm of grow big and a pinch of ZHO and open sesame . i have no idea what to feed these tiny little roots:bongsmi:
You can even start them out on a low ppm solution (200-250ppm is a good range) and they may pop those roots even faster. Start them on a low ppm hydro-appropriate vegging solution (include that Cal-Mag & something with micros), start at about 250ppm and work your way up.
and im gonna try some roots excell next time to see if it really helps
Don't do it in the cloner, I've read of too many people who get brown gunk built up using it. After transplant, that's when you should use it, in my opinion.

Also, I like to keep my cloner on a 15ON/30OFF schedule, as it really helps speed up post-transplant recovery. Let their roots get long enough to hit the bottom of the pot and they'll absolutely TAKE OFF.

BTW, good work! Glad you got the leakage sorted out.

420Gator

420Gator

Also, I like to keep my cloner on a 15ON/30OFF schedule, as it really helps speed up post-transplant recovery. Let their roots get long enough to hit the bottom of the pot and they'll absolutely TAKE OFF.

BTW, good work! Glad you got the leakage sorted out.

wheres a good place to get cheap timers like that? the guy at the droshop wants like 90 bucks, seems a little high to me

and thanks, i stold my lid design from you. i just used a bunch of pvc couplers to hold the cuts instead of the neoprene. super easy

B

Bobby Smith

420, Seamaiden is talking 15 minutes on and 30 minutes off..........you can get a timer that does that at Home Depot for $5.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i use a 300 gph pump in a cloner way bigger then yours (50 gal 2 x 4 tote). it isnt ideal but it works. I'm going to upgrade soon though. i would think this would work but the more pressure the better! these cheap pumps don't handle the back pressure well thus the low max head on most. because of this you need one with a gph flow much higher then you would think you need.

420Gator

420Gator

i use a 300 gph pump in a cloner way bigger then yours (50 gal 2 x 4 tote). it isnt ideal but it works. I'm going to upgrade soon though. i would think this would work but the more pressure the better! these cheap pumps don't handle the back pressure well thus the low max head on most. because of this you need one with a gph flow much higher then you would think you need.

yea my 550 seems perfect for this size, im gonna build a bigger cloner now and will probly get an 850 or so

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

You need to run them in the cloner as it sits for another 5 days.. you want those roots to be a lot longer. IMO of course. Put a few drops of a mild a &b in the water, and some sort of root excel. YOu will see an explosion.

As for your leaks, looks like a homemade kit, spend the 5 dollars to get new pvc and drill them slightly too small and ream them every so slightly till the misters thread in toughly. It works, I did it.

Top Bottom