Need Help with Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter Islander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Dutch Masters Penetrator (Gold Saturator): 60mL / quart

Dutch Masters Zone: 5mL / quart

Bye the fuck bye PM. Zaps the shit out of the plant, kills PM inside and systemically. Soak fresh cuttings. Douse mothers and veg plants with spray bottle and spot treat leaves on flowering plant.

Zone is a root zone conditioner, but there is something in it (chloramide I beleive) that kills PM.

I have never seen a plant tkae a hit from this spray, even with the Zone at twice the rate. You will see some blotchy bleached spotting on a leaf a few days later. This is where the PM was and where it spored up on the leaf. It is now dead, dead, dead. No more living PM in plnat.

As a side note, I found some mites the other day, doused the little shitheads with this and not one of them survived. We will see if it kills eggs too in a few days.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

Dutch Masters Penetrator (Gold Saturator): 60mL / quart

Dutch Masters Zone: 5mL / quart

Bye the fuck bye PM. Zaps the shit out of the plant, kills PM inside and systemically. Soak fresh cuttings. Douse mothers and veg plants with spray bottle and spot treat leaves on flowering plant.

Zone is a root zone conditioner, but there is something in it (chloramide I beleive) that kills PM.

I have never seen a plant tkae a hit from this spray, even with the Zone at twice the rate. You will see some blotchy bleached spotting on a leaf a few days later. This is where the PM was and where it spored up on the leaf. It is now dead, dead, dead. No more living PM in plnat.

As a side note, I found some mites the other day, doused the little shitheads with this and not one of them survived. We will see if it kills eggs too in a few days.

thanks for this info, I used eagle20 and bam, zap, get out..... it is gone! it is systemic also!

let us know about the mites

D

dmc65

PM is fucking brutal. i just sprayed the shit out of them with Zero Tolerance. i went back a few hours later and it actually looks worse than before i sprayed them. Is that even possible? The guy at the hydro store recommended the Zero Tolerance for PM. They make an insecticied and a fungicide version. I used the insecticide on their recommendation and it does list pm as one of its treatments. I've tried Serenade and it worked for 10 days and smelt bad. Greencure lasted about the same amount of time but it fried one of the plants. i'm 5 weeks in and the small bud leaves are showing signs of the pm so i have to get the buds sprayed as well i assume.
Sorry for the rambling this is my first indoor and i'm feeling desperate. I want to harvest this run as the Coeleone Kush and ROG are looking real nice -except for the PM when i look close enough. i guess i'll get back to the greencure because at least i can see the shit dissolving on contact. ANyone please chime in.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

dmc65, try the eagle20, it is the real deal solution, at 5 weeks it will be your call, read the MSDS...I don't know if I would, depends on how long you are gonna flower them

but with any new clone or seedling etc, spray with eagle20 and you should not ever have it

and ALWAYS spray with lights out

D

dmc65

Thaks Sugarleaf. I'll definitely go with a systemic like eagle 20 to rid the clones i took from the flowering plants. Maybe just greencure and or milk until harvest-about 5 more weeks? currently i have my room up to 92F to try and burn the shit off:hunter:
very disturbing stuff

L

l0g1c4l

I always use 1 part milk to 10 parts water and soak the plant...I do that twice a week and has always worked.

S

Surfr

I always use 1 part milk to 10 parts water and soak the plant...I do that twice a week and has always worked.

Would spraying this solution on plants that are 42 days in flower effect the buds at all??

:character0180:

true grit

true grit

I've used Green Cure way late surfr, but just make sure you spray it light, not uber concentrated.

On the DM Zone- is that a feed additive or a foliar? I have a good foliar, but I want a good systemic to make sure I killed all that shit!

R

rocket29

Those using the Eagle20, what percentage are you spraying with? I heard it was an awsome solution to PM. also, do you guys spray during flowering or just in veg.?

R

RobertPlant

Does anyone have any experience with serenade? I've heard good things, plus it's OMRI certified.

S

sunsimulator

Organic solutions

10% of Milk ,, be it whole milk ,, or 2% to a gallon of water . Will kill PM .. u will have to repeat the spray and u can untill harvest ,, leaves no systemic ,, or residue on any of the plant that will be harmful.

Sovran BASF product. will kill Powdery Mildew .
it is systemic for 21 to 30 days in the plant . will kill any fugus downy ,, powdery ,, or black fungus. they use it in the grape industry ,, apple ,, other fruits ..

Captan will stop it also another fungicide used in the fruit indstury. i like to use same products they use on fruits.

SULFUR will stop it copper will stop it ..
BECAREFUL NOT TO USE SULFUR IF U HAVE ANY TYPES OF OILS ON THE PLANTS !!!!!! WILL BURN THEM TO DEATH!

true grit

true grit

Sovran eh? I need an organic systemic- as in feed correct, cuz site shows as foliar? I have been using DM Zone as a systemic and its the only non organic in the mix but seems to be doing the job very nicely. If that works well as a systemic, I would love to run it for a cycle to make sure any PM stays gone. Never used milk, but do use JMS Stylet Oil (omri cert) and use it all the way up until harvest.

B

bicycle racer

so the general consensus is once you have it in flower your going to be spraying weekly with more mild treatments but if cought in veg serious systemics can be used which more or less eliminate it. currently im stuck with it late in flower so i spray weekly. has anyone noticed that some strains are weaker than others when it comes to pm?

true grit

true grit

Yes it is very strain dependent. And yes you will be spraying til you finish. Hit your veg plants with something more aggressive. I think the key is eliminating the cause of PM and imo killing spores and finding an effective systemic (which is the hard part)...but if you don't fix the cause it will just keep coming back whether you start with it, had it in veg, or not....

B

bicycle racer

i looked into banner maxx its a systemic like eagle 20. soya nara is what a systemic or something sprayable during flower?

M

MASSES 420KING

get some copper soap at hydro store and serenade at same place use one for one week and then on next application use the other it will help the plants fight the pm better and it will make it harder for the pm to build up a resistance to the treatment your using

B

bicycle racer

ok so soya nara is organic its just soy oil. im not sure i want to spray oils past week 4 of flower. i may try sm-90 some commercial grower i talked with waters his soil less mix with it and has not had pm for years it is also a foliar. its coriander oil canola oil and an unknown chem. again its an oil so not going to use it now. my concern is sm-90 effect on soil beneficials.

Top Bottom