Need help with the photon app pls

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

I recently just purchased the full spectrum led photon app tool. At first my plants were at about 110 ppf and they seemed to have too much light so it's now at 70-80 ppf. They've been doing really well and I was just about to flower. But I want to know what to do when I flip to flower and do it correctly. Any help would be appreciated.
Here’s a plant stressing at 80ppf , is it light stress? I’ve got one other plant short and stubby but its tips are burned as well and the ppf is 60ish

Need help with the photon app pls
Need help with the photon app pls 2
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Not sure if the lighting on the leaves are throwing me off, but it seems in first photo there is some yellowing starting to occur and since this is down into the plant as well, seems to indicate a mag deficiency. And, as a rule of thumb, whenever I see any deficiencies, it never hurts to raise your lights up or dial them back more until you have the deficiency improving or corrected...then slowly bring your lights back up incrementally 👍

2Bad

2Bad

This plant had an excess of cal mag from about 2-3 weeks ago Aqua was the one that corrected that, I cut my calmag in half and it fixed itself . Im still interested if u have any more ideas, I’m stumped man. I came home checked my max ppf of my light it is 800 then it goes haywaire and goes down. So the ppf my plants have had for a week or two was 70ppf. Idk how I still have tip burn. 🥹🤷‍♂️ @Aqua Man

2Bad

2Bad

My EC input is only 1.0 I should probably give it a bump to 1.3 . Im in coco watering once a day, going to start watering twice a day.

Still super frustrated with the lights and the terminology and shit lol 😂

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I'm more of a soil grower personally, but the top leaves on that first photo of your plant look like a mag deficiency. It might be time to increase the Cal/mag again a bit, especially since the plant has probably grown a bit in the last few weeks and now is requiring more. As for using PPFD meters, sorry I don't use them either 😂 I did however download a free app to my phone because I wanted to make sure I was getting even light across my SCROG, but as far as the numbers go, means shit to me. I read my leaves to know what my plants want 😉…I guess I'm an old timer 🤣👍

freezeland2

freezeland2

That app will also tell you the DLI. When you flip you’ll lose a third of whatever it currently is. This assumes you are going from 18/6 to 12/12. After you flip you want to regain that 1/3 by increasing intensity slowly over time. You need to watch plant response and stop and back off when they show light stress. Good luck.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I just picked up an Apogee meter and it confirmed the photon app is not accurate if you're using full spectrum LED's

2Bad

2Bad

How far off is it though? I’ve seen a couple YouTube videos saying it’s accurate to about 10% . Also it’s saying it depends on the phone you have

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

How far off is it though? I’ve seen a couple YouTube videos saying it’s accurate to about 10% . Also it’s saying it depends on the phone you have
It's not even close to 10% It was more like 20-40%.

2Bad

2Bad

So true. I got it too late for this harvest, but can't wait for my next one.
Thank you for the response . Yeah def sounds like a %40 over what it actually was . I’ll take that into account. Did u have a diffuser on

freezeland2

freezeland2

Thank you for the response . Yeah def sounds like a %40 over what it actually was . I’ll take that into account. Did u have a diffuser on
When I used Photone I used a diffuser.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

App is ballpark start but this is precisely the reason it’s important to learn to read the plants response. Doesnt matter what number’s you have really because depending on genetics, environment, health and age of the plant, source of light etc ideal can drastically change.

Learning the signs is far far more accurate than any meter possibly could be.

With that said they can be a handy tool in replication from grow to grow and learning to read the plants responses

Top Bottom