Need help with the photon app pls

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

If anything in growing pot needs a ' torque wrench' it is ferts not lighting .
The apogee is among the best meters if you really need to know where lighting is at.
The apps are ok if you just wonder .
One way or the other you will learn to read your plants or have troubles no meter or app will fix ? They may explain the trouble ,but the plant was trying to tell you all along ?
Turning your lights up to a 'target ' number or per say following the mfg. instructions [ 6 inches @100% during flower] is a recipe for disaster.
You learn to push your plants by reading your plants .
I still have much to learn .
OOOO goodness,,, ferts is a whole other kettle of fish. LMAO

Brownthumb

Brownthumb

this post rocks… yeah I’d love to buy the apogee, can afford it too….but I have better uses for the 500 and I learn way more from my mistakes… to each his own…

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Idk as a home grower i dont see the need for such equipment. Commercial where data is recorded and used unilaterally across different rooms and facilities it’s important but these meters cannot tell you how much light your plants need only the plants can tell you that.

For the home grower imo its not money well spent and a $20 IR temp gun is far more beneficial as would be a book on the subject of how plants respond to various sources of light and intensity.

This tool is used as a measuring device for records and replication not to determine adequate light under the immense differences if grow rooms. In fact the numbers do not much matter so long as they are consistent. Then you use it to record and replicate it in the future

The only way it’s useful is a ball park to start with until you see your plants limits in YOUR specific grow. The numbers are only truly accurate if you can exactly replicate the grow in which they came from including the exact same genetics.

I cant stress enough that you need to learn to read the plants and these high end tools are meant for replication from grow to grow. Sure you can pay $1000 for an accurate meter but at the end of the day it will only improve your ability to suggest a number to someone under the exactly same conditions (i cant even express how immensely diverse) with the same light and genetics.

Once you figure the plant light tolerance you can record it no matter how off the meter is and use the sane meter to replicate it
Well said my man!

Top Bottom