Need help with yellowing of leaves PLEASE?

• Thread starter HumbleTie1321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

I'd remove all the bottom stuff personally like 1/3 up the pplant.the burning ooks like oover damage also.

I'd say it's a root issue and uptake issue judging from the purpling that's spreading into the leaves.

your temps are a bit to low and if the pots are on the floor then low root temls are probably contributing to the uptake and watering issue.
So, get the pots off the ground of the tent, remove from the bottom up about 1/3 of the leaves and try to get the root bolb warmer.

What's your best suggestionon the correct like wattage?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

From an organic POV, over watered and overfed.
It is not just the top leaves that got burnt. It's scattered lower.
That makes me think a soil was overfed and had a brief lockout until enough water ran through the system.
The over watering saved it from over feeding.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

You see any stickers or names on that light? It's not 4000w it's likely 150-300ish.
Nope. No stickers. And they refuse to give any info on the manufacturer. I've argued for a month with them. You can imagine the exchange. Definitely was pleasant. They did give me abt half my money back one I told them I wss reporting them. I do know it throws alot of heat even with its fan, my inline exhaust and my interior fan blowing on my plants.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

My thoughts too.
Yep, definitely think that when I fed it the one time I screwed up. I not done it since figuring out that I have living soil. So how much water is too much? I've been watering once the soil is dry down about to the first knuckle. They're in fabric 3gal pots with plates underneath. I've only had water run through them one time. Usually the bottom soil is completely dry. Would my tap roots be to the bottom yet?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yep, definitely think that when I fed it the one time I screwed up. I not done it since figuring out that I have living soil. So how much water is too much? I've been watering once the soil is dry down about to the first knuckle. They're in fabric 3gal pots with plates underneath. I've only had water run through them one time. Usually the bottom soil is completely dry. Would my tap roots be to the bottom yet?
Yeah easily

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Yeah easily
So, should I put my bigger light back on them? It made the tent much warmer and gave them crazy lighting. I've contacted the eBay requesting to return the whole setup. I will end up buying a bigger tent and (2) 600 watt lights. That will give them alot more room and better quality lighting for about the same price. I've reported the company to eBay. I think they're completely misrepresenting their product.
Now, I'm not sure how much water is too much even after reading these articles. As I said, I've only left water run through them the one time. I can feel the soil in the bottom is dry (good thing abt aerated fabric pots.) I have them sitting on plates on the bottom of the tent. I have my ventilation system mounted up top and then a dual fan blowinf on the pots and one on the plants. They're on low speed. So I should lift them off the ground? I take it this will help warm the roots. I've been waiting to water until I can stuck my index finger abt and inch and a half and feel the soil is dry. I seriously thought they weren't getting enough water. I take it that you want to go through semi wet and arid periods?

I'm so full of questions.. I don't want you to get lost in my madness along with me. Haha! I really DO APPRECIATE your help though!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So, should I put my bigger light back on them? It made the tent much warmer and gave them crazy lighting. I've contacted the eBay requesting to return the whole setup. I will end up buying a bigger tent and (2) 600 watt lights. That will give them alot more room and better quality lighting for about the same price. I've reported the company to eBay. I think they're completely misrepresenting their product.
Now, I'm not sure how much water is too much even after reading these articles. As I said, I've only left water run through them the one time. I can feel the soil in the bottom is dry (good thing abt aerated fabric pots.) I have them sitting on plates on the bottom of the tent. I have my ventilation system mounted up top and then a dual fan blowinf on the pots and one on the plants. They're on low speed. So I should lift them off the ground? I take it this will help warm the roots. I've been waiting to water until I can stuck my index finger abt and inch and a half and feel the soil is dry. I seriously thought they weren't getting enough water. I take it that you want to go through semi wet and arid periods?

I'm so full of questions.. I don't want you to get lost in my madness along with me. Haha! I really DO APPRECIATE your help though!
I'd lift em off the ground I'm not sure what lights you have or thier intensity so hard to say. You want aboit 30w per sqft. For photo periods

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They need to get about 90% dry before you water again. Test the weight before and after watering. You will figure out when it's almost dry.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

I'd lift em off the ground I'm not sure what lights you have or thier intensity so hard to say. You want aboit 30w per sqft. For photo periods
I've got a 2'x4' tent. So 8sq ft. I've got 250 watt on them now. Have what I'm guessing is a 600watt on them previously. How far off the bottom do I need to go? Like a couple inches or a foot?

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

They need to get about 90% dry before you water again. Test the weight before and after watering. You will figure out when it's almost dry.
Got it! So, using a digital water meter doesn't really count then? The bottom of my pots feel like dry soil moving around. Tops are barely moist at all. Mostly dry. So my best approach is what someone said and that was to wait til my leafs droop a little?

Latest posts

Top Bottom